Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalBlues

70 72 79 81 82 87 95 24
Oct 8, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Wagyu Beef.. I apologise for my response to your comment. To put some context around my statement, here is what I posted a few posts later..

Now having been around this board since about 2006, I've read my fair share of what you would label as 'stupid comments'. s**t, I've posted quite a few myself.
But I have found either ignoring them, responding with a liberal dose of humour, or even compiling a reasoned response to counter a comment will hold you in real good stead around here..
Much love brother..

Go Blues..
For we all share in the one team - go Blues

Wagyu Beef

Debutant
Sep 2, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Wagyu Beef.. I apologise for my response to your comment. To put some context around my statement, here is what I posted a few posts later..

Now having been around this board since about 2006, I've read my fair share of what you would label as 'stupid comments'. s**t, I've posted quite a few myself.
But I have found either ignoring them, responding with a liberal dose of humour, or even compiling a reasoned response to counter a comment will hold you in real good stead around here..
Much love brother..

Go Blues..
Bit of a hysterical reaction to a draft of players who had missed out on all preseason opportunities to get on a list. We paid a bloke ~50k to cover us for LTI's/Pickett's retirement.

We got to see him up close and we can now make a decision as to whether he's better than what's out there in this off season.

He was rated even lower than a rookie... Hardly a stupid decision.

Last edited:

But I have found either ignoring them, responding with a liberal dose of humour, or even compiling a reasoned response to counter a comment will hold you in real good stead around here.....anywhere, actually.
Much love brother..

Go Blues..

Dismissing ideas with the flick of a wrist and a touch of personal attack makes for a very poor argument, defence.....it actually doesn't make for anything at all other than for the worst of logic - 'You don't agree with me, therefore you must be an idiot'

Still not feeling it for Martin. If we get him fine, but the Dom won't be popping. Papley though....

Bluebag13

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Jack Martin is an A grade player.
?
tenor.gif

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some comments in here regarding Polson are very unfair. I hope that he is allowed to run through the midfield so he can finally show us what he can do. The kid has talent but we need to let develop, instead of stifling it in the forward line.
What talent does he possess? Slow, no tank, poor user of the ball, poor goal sense, poor positioning.

Sorry, don't see it.

Re Betts:

I can see us offering him a 2 year player contract with a rider on the second year that he starts moving into a player/coaching role after spending the first year mentoring our second tier small forwards. He'd be ideal working with the small forwards to teach them positioning at marking contests when our big fella's start flying at packs.

Betts working with Sav as our forwardline coaches would be a great match up in terms of getting the talls and the smalls working together.

It would be as good a move as the one that Teague made moving Stanton from the development coaching role to the midfield coaching role, moving Cam Bruce to the forwards coaching role and marginalising Barker as a coach. It was really amazing how our midfield suddenly clicked into high gear after those coaching moves were made after Teague was appointed caretaker.

To put it into perspective, what you said is basically 'the list management

Bit of a hysterical reaction to a draft of players who had missed out on all preseason opportunities to get on a list. We paid a bloke ~50k to cover us for LTI's/Pickett's retirement.

We got to see him up close and we can now make a decision as to whether he's better than what's out there in this off season.

He was rated even lower than a rookie... Hardly a stupid decision.

We were last or 2nd last when he was picked up. Your rationale makes perfect sense if we were pushing for finals.
We were never going to rise up much higher, so If it was solely to cover LTI's then we would have been better off playing Polson, Cottrell or Owies and seeing what they were capable of doing at the highest level.

Other clubs have used it with an eye to the future. No guarantees, but probably a sensible way to go.

We recruited Deluca coming off a hammy. If as you suggest, it was for half a dozen games then I reiterate, it was a stupid decision.

Compare Kennedy this year to last year, then apply that same measure of growth to Kennedy next year and we have a vastly different player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
nothing wrong with his frame that I can see, his quads etc are peak, his goal-kicking is schmick, get him to work on his running and acceleration and keep him off any grassy knolls over summer and we have a deadset mid-forward weapon..........

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
*BUMP AGAIN ...

Personal attacks and cheap shots directed at posters are creeping back into this thread.

I am sure that none of you would want to lose your account or face a thread ban.

Play nice and remember Posting Rules & Site Rules apply across all threads.

ZERO TOLERANCE!

Carlton Board Posting Rules ...

Site Rules ...

What talent does he possess? Slow, no tank, poor user of the ball, poor goal sense, poor positioning.

Sorry, don't see it.
He's a small mid like Gibbons who can rotate forward. He was being misused, under Bolts, as a strictly small defensive forward. He should have been allowed to run more in the middle like we ended up doing with Gibbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back