Game Day 1st Elimination Final: West Coast Vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Pffft, NicNat was so gentle there wasn’t even a free in it. 30 years ago the whole Essendon team would have been on their knees trying to find teeth and pieces of jawbone after that sort of crap.

Hats off to NicNat for not sending the guy to hospital and huge props to Yeo for going beastmode, even if it did give away the free.

He should have assessed his height and weight before deciding to throw him in the fence

-Great win guys. No injuries either I believe? Even better. I'm gaining a bit more belief. This squad has matured a lot since 2015 when they beat the hawks @ home securing a home prelim, only to get smashed in the big dance. Geelong or Collingwood in melbourne won't worry them this year though. Will definitely be a step up in class from that Essendon side, and selection will be intriguing. I'd favour the Eagles over Geelong, but Collingwood would be a tougher opponent imo, close to a genuine 50/50.

Does Allen come back in? If so, who for?

Does Cole replace Nelson, and does Schofield keep his spot?

If Allen returns, can you play N.N/Hickey/Allen/JK/JD in the same team? I wouldn't have thought so.

Your midfield was good against Essendon, but you will face a much tougher midfield this week. Does the defensive structure need to be adjusted to account for this?

1. Does Allen come back in? If so, who for?

2. Does Cole replace Nelson, and does Schofield keep his spot?

3. If Allen returns, can you play N.N/Hickey/Allen/JK/JD in the same team? I wouldn't have thought so.
1 - Yes. He's just been too good not to play. He's solid overhead, impressive for a big man below his knees and applies pressure. Has to be either Hickey (risky with only NN as a ruck) or Waterman. Either would be unlucky but Allen has just been very good.

2 - Schofield keeps his spot. Nelson looking a bit shaky with Hutch in the team. Personally I'd be happy with the attack, rebound and tackling of Francis Watson over Cole at the moment.

3 - No. See point 1.

Like for like, if needed.

If everyone is fit roll as is.

If Nelson is out, flip a coin between duggo, Cole, Rotham, Watson. A four sided coin

Nope. Hutch looked underdone to me as he couldn’t hit top pace. We were lucky the Bombers brought in more underdone players then we did and didn’t really put much pressure on. We’ll need to step it up next week or the Cats will beat us. Nic was good though.
Pretty sure that was hutchs top pace.which is ok as he usually stops his man from getting on the outside.didnt work against saad but he's a slippery character

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thought Hutch was a tad underdone but the bombers players did well to create space for Saad. All Saad needs is a meter and a half of seperation and he can burst away from someone like Hutch.

Id get him to go to Dangerfield first this week and see if that will work. Wanna see Yeo used predominantly as an offensive threat.

Thought Hutch was a tad underdone but the bombers players did well to create space for Saad. All Saad needs is a meter and a half of seperation and he can burst away from someone like Hutch.

Id get him to go to Dangerfield first this week and see if that will work. Wanna see Angry Yeo used predominantly as an offensive threat.

Ftfy

Nope. Hutch looked underdone to me as he couldn’t hit top pace. We were lucky the Bombers brought in more underdone players then we did and didn’t really put much pressure on. We’ll need to step it up next week or the Cats will beat us. Nic was good though.
Yeah because when Hutch isn't underdone he's just as fast as Saad! Yeah Right! Give it up mate, you made a s**t call and have been called out, suck it up. How about giving up the negativity this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well after the third replay - good win, played well. But the Bombers shouldnt have been in the eight. McGrath (Spelling?) was #1 in the draft or close to it. The class difference really shows. We need to keep improving as a team to progress.

Well after the third replay - good win, played well. But the Bombers shouldnt have been in the eight. McGrath (Spelling?) was #1 in the draft or close to it. The class difference really shows. We need to keep improving as a team to progress.
Yep no 1 pick in the draft. Get done for drug cheating & get rewarded with the 1st pick. :rolleyes:

Yeah because when Hutch isn't underdone he's just as fast as Saad! Yeah Right! Give it up mate, you made a s**t call and have been called out, suck it up. How about giving up the negativity this week.

Hutch shut down Saad well last time we played them, when he was fully fit. Just coz you don’t agree with someone doesn’t mean it’s a s**t call. You need to get off the angry pills mate, you’ll give yourself a heart attack. Go outside, enjoy the weather. ;)

Hutch shut down Saad well last time we played them, when he was fully fit. Just coz you don’t agree with someone doesn’t mean it’s a s**t call. You need to get off the angry pills mate, you’ll give yourself a heart attack. Go outside, enjoy the weather. ;)
Just own up to it that you made a s**t call, it’s not hard!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back