Game Day Elimination final: Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing quarter which may see us out, but could not be more proud of the team to make the finals especially after looking done & dusted at the bye.

Anyone looking to be critical of Bev or the players simply because of today can give themselves an uppercut.

Three finals campaigns with one Premiership in five years is significantly better than most teams.

It’s a shame the umpires couldn’t carry you to a win today. They tried their hardest and couldn’t get it done. You’ll always have your fluke premiership though. Now back to irrelevance for the next 30 years where your club belongs

* off you flog, mods take care of this fat s**t.

Can we not completely lose our s**t and start getting too negative? It’s not fair to how the boys have played second half. Cry like me over Naughts but GWS beat us fair and square. Too good. A couple of selection decisions haven’t caused this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right, but team selection made it more difficult for them - as it has done on multiple occasions this year.

That said, when the dust settles it’s been a good year overall given the age profile of the list. Good experience for the young players, and a reminder for the senior ones that they actually need to lead and ensure they show up in finals.

Honestly, Beveridge is a muppet. He deserves this result for showing complete neglect for experience in finals. Had Trengove and Dickson available, who were in the team most of the year, but arrogantly played a bunch of kids who have never played a final before. Trenners probably thinking dejavu; Hinkley shafted him the same way in 2017, which was the main reason he left Port to come here.

Naughton doing his ACL is the final kick in the guts. I'm done with footy for a long while.
Hi, and bye

We had a good season.... it will be a huge shame to get blown out like this in a final but hopefully the young players get something out of it. Still have a good future ahead of us. I only hope now that Aaron Naughton is okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked like it to me aswell but have no idea what a lateral ligament is in terms of recovery period
The lateral ligament is basically the opposite of the medial ligament. It is very unusual for this type of injury to occur. If it is the lateral ligament, and not the ACL, he should be right by early next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back