Game Day GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs, Finals Week 1 - 15:20 AEST, Sep 07, 2019

Who will win GWS v WB?

• GWS Giants <10

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • GWS Giants 10+ to <30

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • GWS Giants 30+

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Bulldogs <10

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Bulldogs 10+ to <30

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Bulldogs 30+

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If the dogs were actually any good they would of beaten gold Coast and finished higher then 7th.
Glad I don't have to listen to the media keep talking up these pretenders.

The inequity of the draw had exposed this final series. There are teams in the finals that just don't deserve to be there.

*would have
*than

If the dogs were actually any good they would of beaten gold Coast and finished higher then 7th.
Glad I don't have to listen to the media keep talking up these pretenders.

The inequity of the draw had exposed this final series. There are teams in the finals that just don't deserve to be there.

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Overall our season was not great for consistency, the upside of it was the improvement over the second half. Losses to Carlton, GCS, Saints and North cost us a possible top 4 spot.

However in reality there are too many players lacking experience to carry the task of pushing finals

Good to see the Giants win . As others have said Bulldogs were pumped up large and copped a good old thumping. Umpires seemed hell bent on keeping them in it but with the big Mummy leading the way. And well done to the Mummy he adjusted after the first half and was very influential. Some of the free kicks against him were laughable. They should be competitive against the Lions or Tigers. Not sure they can beat Tigers however.

GWS was beating Dogs at half time in round 22 then completely stopped in the second half. GWS's ladder position was already set at that point. I wonder what they could have had to gain from tanking the second half in that game.
Their opponent wasn't. At that stage they roll the Dogs they likely get Essendon first week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of love for a bloke that dumped his mates and club, to try and score a cheap flag with a group of android draft picks he had no connection to.

I really don’t get why he should be pitied?
Maybe he’s just a nice bloke that’s played his heart out for the Tigers and the Giants, and might just deserve to be clapped off the ground.

Just found out. That explains it. Poor guy. When did that happen?
I was at the ground and didn’t realise during the game. We thought he was chaired off because he’d already announced he’d retire at the end of this season, so this would be the last home game in front of home fans. Instead, it was because of the calf and he won’t play next week.
Good luck for 2020.

I was at the ground and didn’t realise during the game. We thought he was chaired off because he’d already announced he’d retire at the end of this season, so this would be the last home game in front of home fans. Instead, it was because of the calf and he won’t play next week.
Good luck for 2020.
That’s sad. Nothing was sad on the coverage either. The fact he tried to play through it. Gutsy.
Never was 100% for you guys. Tried and tried but his body just couldn’t do it.

The crowd was great. Won’t be too many Doggies supporters making the road trip in future!

To their credit the Dogs supporters did stick it out to the very end. Sitting thru that last quarter after you've spent a decent
chunk of your hard earned making the trek interstate can't have been much fun. Been there a few times myself with the Swans.
The game reminded me a bit of the 2016 QF at ANZ with GWS bringing the "unsociable footy" thing big time. When they
all show up like they did today GWS are a formidable team, with a lot of gun players with plenty of finals experience.

Back