Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenwood has been a good part of that backline. But we have options — Aish and Scharenberg have both shown they belong in the team at stages this year.
We will miss him when trying to control Dusty of we get to play the tigs

So we're playing Brisbane or GWS. I think our likely changes will be:

IN: Reid, Scharenberg
OUT: De Goey, Greenwood

We need another forward target with De Goey out. Reid is the only option. I'm not too worried about his soft tissue issues. He's been training really well so we need to back him in.

Scharenberg pips Aish because of the Brisbane and GWS forward lines. We need another tall. Shaz has more match fitness too.

Nah....Sier wont play again this year unless Wills get injured

Isn't it funny that this time last year Sier had overtaken Wills in that inside mid position and didn't look like giving it up. There was even talks of Wills being delisted because of it.

Fast forward 12 months and Sier's poor attitude has let him down again, with Wills looking like he's going to make him pay for it.

Great stuff.
A pity we didn't trade Bear last year when people were throwing around first rounders.

A fit Reid is a great choice for us to have but the thought of him breaking down at a key point of a game makes me reluctant to consider him going forward. Does he have 2 more games in him? If the club thinks he does then he is a compelling option.

I will concede that Brown was given his chance and didn't step-up, hence a valid argument for Varcoe.

All things considered the available pool of INs for the prelim would be from Aish, Shaz, Reid (if ready), & Varcoe IMO.

I'd be interested to know why Shaz isn't in your plans for the prelim, lack of speed?
Out: De Goey, Greenwood, Brown
In: Reid, Aish, Varcoe

So we're playing Brisbane or GWS. I think our likely changes will be:

IN: Reid, Scharenberg
OUT: De Goey, Greenwood

We need another forward target with De Goey out. Reid is the only option. I'm not too worried about his soft tissue issues. He's been training really well so we need to back him in.

Scharenberg pips Aish because of the Brisbane and GWS forward lines. We need another tall. Shaz has more match fitness too.

Spot on with the selection choices Quicky..

Could you imagine if we had a fit Reid in the fwd line the other night? .. would've won by 40+ points

What is it with this insatiable need by some posters to pick on Dave?
I have a REALLY good answer...but it's not PC...and the majority like to ignore the facts whilst it suits their narrative(thanks bucks)...ive had a few(and a few more-doesnt make my point LESS true)I've said too much already...Im starting to use capitals Jonbe style 🥴

Isn't it funny that this time last year Sier had overtaken Wills in that inside mid position and didn't look like giving it up. There was even talks of Wills being delisted because of it.

Fast forward 12 months and Sier's poor attitude has let him down again, with Wills looking like he's going to make him pay for it.

Great stuff.
A pity we didn't trade Bear last year when people were throwing around first rounders.
Sier is 21, I wouldn't write him off just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a REALLY good answer...but it's not PC...and the majority like to ignore the facts whilst it suits their narrative(thanks bucks)...ive had a few(and a few more-doesnt make my point LESS true)I've said too much already...Im starting to use capitals Jonbe style 🥴
Yeah imagine daring to make a point comprehensible for the modesty challenged.

Great stuff.
That is footy for you. Sier can do a Wills next year too. Let's wait and see (if we retain him)

Just watched the replay. If Nobel wasn’t turning it over he was kicking it 100 too high. Has to go out now.

Wouldnt drop him, he was taking the game on and with Greenwood out he stays. But yeah he got too much praise on this board for his game.

Although I'll get back to you on that..........Shaz and Aish could both come in......

Just watched the replay. If Nobel wasn’t turning it over he was kicking it 100 too high. Has to go out now.

I'm a bit torn on Noble. I think he had a good game defensively. He had 7 tackles. His pace was really handy running us out of tight spaces. His opponent was kept in check. But his ball use or decision making (cant decide which yet) was poor. I think at times he bites off more than he can chew (decision making) and goes with kicks that are too high risk, turning it over (skills). That's risky in a prelim, but so is bringing in Aish who hasn't played for awhile.

I'm a bit torn on Noble. I think he had a good game defensively. He had 7 tackles. His pace was really handy running us out of tight spaces. His opponent was kept in check. But his ball use or decision making (cant decide which yet) was poor. I think at times he bites off more than he can chew (decision making) and goes with kicks that are too high risk, turning it over (skills). That's risky in a prelim, but so is bringing in Aish who hasn't played for awhile.
Didn't Maynard, Langdon, Treloar Adams, Phillips have the same issues? Give the kid a break, this was his first final ever and he was playing SANFL 5 months ago

Great stuff.

I think Sier is a better player.

The guy was plucked out of Marcellin College and what playing 2 games in the TAC or whatever the f it's called.

Like any youngster.. Collingwood comes knocking on your door.. you're gonna say 'yes'. Don't think he took his footy all that serious. Hence the struggles to come to grips with the workload and s**t like that. He's a huge talent and still a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back