Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
That throw by Dusty was one of the saddest things I've ever seen on a football field; knows full well the result isn't in doubt and so just blatantly ignores the rules because there is no punishment that can matter.
Not even I'm that cynical...
But he's a decent bloke. He only ever threatened to stab one woman in the face with a chopstick.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Fully fit we would have beaten three losers this week. We’re not that far away. Lions one injury worry from list of 44! s**t we wish.
Yeah, I reckon we're at least a full preseason program and elite fitness, narrow injury list and without about 4 or 5 passengers + a dramatic improvement in foot skills, a mobile ruckman, lead up key forward and big bodied inside mid away. 2020 looks bright.

Yeah, I reckon we're at least a full preseason program and elite fitness, narrow injury list and without about 4 or 5 passengers + a dramatic improvement in foot skills, a mobile ruckman, lead up key forward and big bodied inside mid away. 2020 looks bright.
Watched replay of the Dees game a few weeks ago and reminds you of how important Devon Smith was. His pressure in the middle, work up forward.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Watched replay of the Dees game a few weeks ago and reminds you of how important Devon Smith was. His pressure in the middle, work up forward.
Actually, Dev returning really is something to look forward to, and as much as I've posited trades should Joey want out, I really hope he stays and gets his body right.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
The McGrath v McCugg v McTaranto was not made any clearer this weekend. What it did tell us is that all 3 are already capable of being their team’s most effective midfielder in a finals cauldron. I really like the other 2 lads but I am stoked that Andy wasn’t disgraced by them. If he’d had a stinker it would’ve sat uncomfortably with me all offseason.

Matthew_Lloyd

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
You forgot investing in a psychologist that can sort out the playing group's mental fragility.

Most of the issues you raise can be solved in one pre-season, assuming the entire club takes a hard look at itself in the mirror. I doubt it though. Instead of assembling a quality High Performance department, we will most likely fill it up with cheap spuds who are probably related to a board member and need a job.

Richmond and Collingwood are probably going to collide in the Grand Final. ******* mortifying

That game was an absolute footballing tragedy.

Fagan made some brilliant adjustments to the way he laid out the field which essentially neutered Richmond all together in the first quarter and they really should have been 6 or 7 goals up at quarter time, from there they got gun shy and went back into their shells and the rest is history.

The only thing worse than getting flogged in a final is kicking yourself out of it.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
That game was an absolute footballing tragedy.

Fagan made some brilliant adjustments to the way he laid out the field which essentially neutered Richmond all together in the first quarter and they really should have been 6 or 7 goals up at quarter time, from there they got gun shy and went back into their shells and the rest is history.

The only thing worse than getting flogged in a final is kicking yourself out of it.
They're a young side and one who really will be better for the experience. TheGreatBarryB It's the Lions who are really not far off.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I don't think that was a terrible result for the Lions. It gives them one more final to get some experience. I think they'll account easily for the Giants and I can see them beating Collingwood in a prelim, even at the G.

They're a young side and one who really will be better for the experience. TheGreatBarryB It's the Lions who are really not far off.

Maybe, let’s see when they have a few injuries, think their depth would be tested. I don’t see man for man at full strength that we can’t compete with Lions.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Lots of interesting matches and possibilities.

The premier probably wins thanks to the efforts of their opponent winning a prelim.

Think Collingwood has Richmond covered but will continue to struggle against West Coast.

There is almost no read on how Geelong v WCE ends up.

Richmond has both its prelim contenders covered but wouldn't want to be facing the Pies. Without having seen last night's game it is the most unconvincing 10 goal win on paper you'll ever see.

Have to say a Richmond v Collingwood grand final has the makings of an amazing GF week and an amazing contest (if they're both brutal around the ball).

Pies mids probably too strong for Tigers.

Matthew_Lloyd

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Without having seen last night's game it is the most unconvincing 10 goal win on paper you'll ever see.
The Tuggers took control of the game after quarter time and didn't look like losing. They completely dismantled Brisbane, in a similar fashion to the job they did on Geelong in 2017. Their F50 structure was ******* amazing. They seriously looked like scoring everytime the ball went into there.

No chance Richmond lose to Collingwood in the GF considering what happened in last year's prelim. The pricks are just way too good at the moment.

I hope the giants and eagles win as they are more cabable of knocking off the pies and tigers in the prelim than geelong or brissy are.

Either team will have a big ask overcoming the crowd factor against the pies but GWS are the more finals hardened team and their forwards in Cameron Finlayson Himmelberg will pose more of a threat than Brisbanes or Geelongs did meaning Howe and Moore shouldnt be able to intercept at will again.

Haynes or Davis should be able to cover Mihochek but Stephenson and Elliot will cause them headaches no De Goey a huge bonus for GWS but ultimately it will come down the gws shutting dowm the pies mids to some degree and not letting them control the ball and hit the scoreboard the way geelong did. Who DeBoer goes to will be interesting and important im thinking Adams or Pendlebury. Taranto and Hopper need to be good in the absence of Ward. Cogs could be back for that too but prob will be underdone. GWS will also be hoping for dry conditions.

Richmond v West Coast could be a ripping game and prob really the 2 best teams in it.

Eagles v GWS GF would be a dream result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back