Review Second Elimination Final – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday 7th September 2019, Giants Stadium, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Brent Daniels was amazing today, he is so busy and I reckon his GPS would be off the charts. He still doesn’t finish his chances but I think that will come, he runs so hard he could almost play in the midfield but love him up forward with his disruption, he’s our little Poppy.
I love him. He's getting right up there in my favourite players. So clean with the contested ball and making space.

So watching Richmond v Brisbane

Who do we want to play

In guessing probably the lions yeah ?

We are 4-0 at the gabba

0-4 against Richmond at the G

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was hoping Brisbane would get up. The "redemption road" fairytale run would have been kind of poetic if we could have taken down our last 3 finals conquerers (dogs, tigers, pies) in 3 straight weeks on the way to a first GF.

Also I saw Reid copped a nasty lower leg knock late. Hope he's ok as he was excellent yesterday. Obliterated Hunter.
He got back up and ran it out if it was the incident that I'm thinking of.

I was hoping Brisbane would get up. The "redemption road" fairytale run would have been kind of poetic if we could have taken down our last 3 finals conquerers (dogs, tigers, pies) in 3 straight weeks on the way to a first GF.

That would be pretty sweet. Wouldn't mind an Eagles Giants granny.

Would love an all non Vic GF to hear the Vic whingeing.

Last time it happened a few times in a row we got an AFL investigation into the state of Victorian football. If that doesn't say volumes about the priorities of the AFL, nothing will. :D

Last time it happened a few times in a row we got an AFL investigation into the state of Victorian football. If that doesn't say volumes about the priorities of the AFL, nothing will. :D

Ah yes, three glorious years. Also when interstate clubs won from 2001 and 2006, when many were fearing a Victorian club would never hoist the cup again. Good times.

Also, sad that my fairytale GWS vs Lions final is happening a couple weeks too early
You're telling me. :(

First thing I checked was whether, if both kept winning, when we'd meet and was happy to see the GF. Sigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lotta Vics happy to see interstate side win it.

That's true. I was actually going for Freo in the 2013 GF but Freo fans have made me one of those stereotypical 'anyone but the Dockers/Eagles' WA supporters. They make it hard. I'm sure some of our fans do the same for them. I guess it's not fair to all of them, many are decent, but some are such asses. Anyway I'm waffling lol.

That's true. I was actually going for Freo in the 2013 GF but Freo fans have made me one of those stereotypical 'anyone but the Dockers/Eagles' WA supporters. They make it hard. Well I guess it's not fair to all of them, many are decent, but some are such asses. Anyway I'm waffling lol.

Alot of North people last year and this on the Simmo, Pratty, Brady bandwagon. Well respected past players who have done a great job there l'm sure you agree.

Does North have a real rival nowadays? I get the feeling many don't like the Doggies.
Isn't there still the Essendon thing?

Also I want to make the battle of Tassie with Hawthorn a thing - lock in a game against each other in Launceston and Hobart each year. But that's just me. :D

Isn't there still the Essendon thing?

Also I want to make the battle of Tassie with Hawthorn a thing - lock in a game against each other in Launceston and Hobart each year. But that's just me. :D

Hawks rivalry tapered off slightly.
GWS already Swans and Doggies which is good.

Alot of North people last year and this on the Simmo, Pratty, Brady bandwagon. Well respected past players who have done a great job there l'm sure you agree.

I felt similarly for Don Pyke and the Crows. North have always been my second team for some reason, maybe cos they're not as big and obnoxious as some other Vic clubs.

My heart nearly always goes for the non Vic sides ( Swans vs Bulldogs the only exception I recall ) . Love a non Vic side or 2 in the Granny to really feel on board and a part of it .

Likewise, though North and the Dogs are my 'Melbourne teams.' I live in Footscray, about a km from the Whitten Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back