Autopsy Pies beat the Cats, into the Preliminary Final!

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to know who at Geelong decided to break a 20 year gentlemans agreement and wear white shorts. Its got Chris Scotts grubby hands all over it.

Combined with their incessant whinging about a home final, and the ridiculous decision to drop their only ruckman, its a sign of a team that doesnt have its eyes on the prize.

Would love to know who at Geelong decided to break a 20 year gentlemans agreement and wear white shorts. Its got Chris Scotts grubby hands all over it.

Combined with their incessant whinging about a home final, and the ridiculous decision to drop their only ruckman, its a sign of a team that doesnt have its eyes on the prize.

Was an eye sore from distance major blending, both teams also looked like they strugggled with long targets picking out team mates from the opposition.

Nothing King said was wrong though. Scott pulled a selection move to make himself to be the hero, rather than trust his players.
No I totally agree with him on this one. Just the way he framed it though and refuses to give our performance credit for the win in favour of "oh, it was Geelong's blunder that lost it".

No I totally agree with him on this one. Just the way he framed it though and refuses to give our performance credit for the win in favour of "oh, it was Geelong's blunder that lost it".

We tightened the screws on Geelong in the first quarter and played great footy, King should have acknowledged that. Truth is though, Scott f'd up. Geelong might have been better able to withstand the onslaught with Blicavs in defence.

Not complaining, couldn't happen to a nicer guy! :)

We still would have won.

We deserved to win that game after our first half. To give Geelong due respect, they fought to the end and nearly stole it. That's what good sides do.

EDIT: Some have claimed that we were unconvincing because Geelong nearly took the game from us in the end. This it is disrespectful to both C'wood and the Cats.

We deserved to win that game after our first half. To give Geelong due respect, they fought to the end and nearly stole it. That's what good sides do.
Without the injuries to JDG and Levi, we would have won by 5 goals.

Without the injuries to JDG and Levi, we would have won by 5 goals.

Losing JdG and Levi hurt us. That's what gave Geelong the chance and they took it. They lost Duncan(?) early but still had one more rotation than we did.

When we needed to slow it down, Wills stood up for us. IMO Wills overtook Sier on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong blew their chance early when Hawkins and Rowan missed two sitters that would hev brought them level. After that Collingwood took control and had the game won by half way through the second quarter.

11 points flattered Geelong and despite us not scoring in the last quarter, the defensive effort was always going to be enough to hold on to a win

Losing JdG and Levi hurt us. That's what gave Geelong the chance and they took it. They lost Duncan(?) early but still had one more rotation than we did.

When we needed to slow it down, Wills stood up for us. IMO Wills overtook Sier on Friday night.
Wills was good. Makes me laugh when sad old farts like King and Roos try to stay relevant by dribbling their hatred for the Pies.

Tactically Scott focused too much on external issues, the location, our forwards, the weather and lost the plot. As many of our players keeps repeating, and Bucks always reiterates, focus on what you do and can control not the other way around.
He is a born sook like his brother.
Will never change.

Chris Sook.

How hard do you want him to work Albert?

FFS a free is a free and playing the champion card is simply NOT going to cut it with me.
Few players work much harder than Checkers. I'd like to see him get rewarded, as well as Cox, for all of the high contact, arm chopping and pushing that goes on of course. But the contention that because it is Collingwood, it doesn't get rewarded is misguided bullshit in my opinion. Other lesser light players from other teams also don't get these frees. Did Mitch Brown get paid marks when Jack Madgen knocked it late out of his hands in Rd 23? No, but he should have, particularly if the Umpires were out to get the Pies as some of you guys are protesting.

They had no answers to our first half led by Taylor Adams manic attack and also his run line breaking when in space. Stanley wouldnt have changed anything.

Yeh it would've. Blicavs would stay in defence where he is a gun and Ratagalea could've stayed forward were they needed him to help Hawkins.

Few players work much harder than Checkers. I'd like to see him get rewarded, as well as Cox, for all of the high contact, arm chopping and pushing that goes on of course. But the contention that because it is Collingwood, it doesn't get rewarded is misguided bulls**t in my opinion. Other lesser light players from other teams also don't get these frees. Did Mitch Brown get paid marks when Jack Madgen knocked it late out of his hands in Rd 23? No, but he should have, particularly if the Umpires were out to get the Pies as some of you guys are protesting.
Albert you need to be a little more credulous.

It has nothing to do with the umpires and much more to do with their masters.

Few players work much harder than Checkers. I'd like to see him get rewarded, as well as Cox, for all of the high contact, arm chopping and pushing that goes on of course. But the contention that because it is Collingwood, it doesn't get rewarded is misguided bulls**t in my opinion. Other lesser light players from other teams also don't get these frees. Did Mitch Brown get paid marks when Jack Madgen knocked it late out of his hands in Rd 23? No, but he should have, particularly if the Umpires were out to get the Pies as some of you guys are protesting.
They double teamed him most of the night, but he just got on with it, with no complaints....they guy is a ripper

You’re just about the only one beating this drum mate - everyone else has held themselves accountable and admitted they may have gotten Rupe’s value wrong. Does that indicate anything to you?

Theres room for improvement in Rupert’s game. But don’t disrespect the critical role he is playing for our team, one that is filled with effort, energy, and a burning desire to hunt the opposition.
Not that I elect to defer to Mark Robinson all that often, but he notes that the Pies 'pressure rating' was off the charts early in the game and across the game our highest for quite a few years. Rupert Wills leading that. Wills has been fantastic in the past few weeks - No 1 in the competition on that measure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back