List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree Tex is a very poor leader.

Burgoyne will be a huge get for us.
I don’t care about his age.
Just having someone like him at our club around our players will be amazing.

Who are the other hawks players ?
Poppy and Smith are RUMOURS. I repeat rumours. Burgers is fairly certain.

I just can’t see what Ellis offers above and beyond our current mids half backs
In fact I’d go as far as to say a lot less than Lyons who we just gave away
The world of footy moneyball
Isaac Smith Greenwood and Menengola offer something we don’t have - quick skilful mids who can hurt you both ways

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isaac Smith Greenwood and Menengola offer something we don’t have - quick skilful mids who can hurt you both ways

I would go to draft and pick mature mid, last year I am surprised Craig did not pick a single mature mid for three concession pick. KPP and ruck take time even if they are mature body.
I like Menegola but I think you can go and get his type in the draft. Just need to search around.

Cameron and Dew keep banging on about our lack of outside run (which we do need). I'd much prefer an A grader at the end of his career like Smith than Ellis who is in his 'prime'.
At least he's not costing us a draft pick I suppose.
I'd prefer to chase Toby McLean. He's been moved to a fwd pocket and surely couldn't be enjoying that. Part of the Martin deal would be good.

Cameron and Dew keep banging on about our lack of outside run (which we do need). I'd much prefer an A grader at the end of his career like Smith than Ellis who is in his 'prime'.
At least he's not costing us a draft pick I suppose.
I'd prefer to chase Toby McLean. He's been moved to a fwd pocket and surely couldn't be enjoying that. Part of the Martin deal would be good.
I prefer not to get anyone through trade, Weller, Powell, Rowell, Lukosius, Ballard can all play outside. Like him or not Murdoch already signed three years.

how about Birchall is that a chance?
Possibly, but I know nothing. Not sure he would get another contract with us and if he did it would be one year. We have been pretty ruthless with the over 30+. Until the last 2 years he was a robust footballer but things change as footballers get to the 30's. He may have a couple of years left, who knows. St Kilda have been sniffing around Smith. who is a great athlete and been pretty reliable.

Ellis is a proven downer during finals. His stats compared to H&A to finals are like chalk and cheese. We'd have to actually GET to finals first to see that.

On that, he was quite bad yesterday. Outbodied by second and third year players on the wing. I think he might add something, but not a lot. I grimace at the idea of paying him a lot.
Bailey embarrassed him a couple of times right in front of me.
Ellis had better body position when the kick was hit but Bailey worked him out of it fairly easily.

Bailey embarrassed him a couple of times right in front of me.
Ellis had better body position when the kick was hit but Bailey worked him out of it fairly easily.
Yep. I think we're recalling the same play. I also remember seeing McCluggage doing it.

Tom Browne just reported on AFL Game Day that a "very good source" believes Shaun Burgoyne is going to stay with Hawthorn. I really hope he's wrong. Does Tom Browne have a good hit rate when it comes to these things?

Tom Browne just reported on AFL Game Day that a "very good source" believes Shaun Burgoyne is going to stay with Hawthorn. I really hope he's wrong. Does Tom Browne have a good hit rate when it comes to these things?
Burgoyne has now advised Hawthorne he is off to the Suns!
Lock it in.
Looks like it's Snortman vs Browne. Thrilling stuff

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would go to draft and pick mature mid, last year I am surprised Craig did not pick a single mature mid for three concession pick. KPP and ruck take time even if they are mature body.
I like Menegola but I think you can go and get his type in the draft. Just need to search around.
Can't wait to see Richmond unleash Marlion Pickett in 2020 - and remembering we could have picked him in the Mid Draft before Tigers took him. We have to learn to be smarter but it's a big ask of the people doing the recruiting.

Bodsy been suspended again? Never says anything that's over the top and isn't supportive of the team etc. We are breeding overly sensitive types up here aren't we!
what for he hasn't said anything close to warranting being banned, who makes these decisions?
I don't agree with a lot of what Bods says and specifically how he says it but unless there have been deleted posts - don't really think he's gone too far to warrant a suspension.
Might not have been for comments on the GC board.

Can't wait to see Richmond unleash Marlion Pickett in 2020 - and remembering we could have picked him in the Mid Draft before Tigers took him. We have to learn to be smarter but it's a big ask of the people doing the recruiting.

Given Sun's history Ellis will get dropped for Pickett. Pickett will star and will become footy folklore when Tigers win the premiership.

Mitch Riordon will either be injury riddled or just not re-sign with the Suns and we will sign Ellis to a big money 4 year deal and he will play out the last 3 years of that deal in the NEAFL.

If Swans supporters could mobilise to keep Roos as coach surely Suns supporters could mobilise to stop the club from signing Ellis. Just tell them to watch last night's game before signing him.

Any chance we can get Hodgey off Brisbane? He was magnificent last night. Brisbane would’ve lost by more than 80 points if it wasn’t for him.
I know a few Hawthorn fans who are really disappointed that he never finished his career with them.
You won't get Barrett and co challenging Clarkson on it either.

Given Sun's history Ellis will get dropped for Pickett. Pickett will star and will become footy folklore when Tigers win the premiership.

Mitch Riordon will either be injury riddled or just not re-sign with the Suns and we will sign Ellis to a big money 4 year deal and he will play out the last 3 years of that deal in the NEAFL.

If Swans supporters could mobilise to keep Roos as coach surely Suns supporters could mobilise to stop the club from signing Ellis. Just tell them to watch last night's game before signing him.
you'd hope we don't have to tell them to watch.
Riordan looked great in his few games. A pre-season under his belt. I'll back him in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back