Autopsy QF 2019 - Pies d Cats by 10 points

Remove this Banner Ad

We ordered pizza yesterday and when the delivery guy arrived he heard the giants game on the TV and he asked me who I barracked for.

I said, "I'm too embarrassed to say."

He said, "Geelong then."

First time I've ever felt embarrassed to be a Geelong supporter. Turned out he barracked for Geelong too and was equally disappointed by the cat's performance in this game.

Stanley also hasn’t played any footy since August, there’s a chance he could be lacking match fitness and touch.....
Either had Stephenson, Sidebottom, and NicNat had played very little.
We have to go with Stanley this week.

No issue with our top end talent, have said that several times; just our bottom 6-8 are not up to the standard of the good top 6 teams. Your issue with Scott fails when we actually do win finals, like v Hawthorn, Swans.

The three finals we have "won" since 2011 .. Hawks missed a shot post siren , Port it took 4 goals from a Thompson era player using forward ability to kick goals ..., Sydney we won and won easily against a shot chook of a side. We have not been 100% convincing aganst one team that itself was 100% on and premiership quality.

The bottom group on our list or side... to some degree I can agree with that..
We have not had a solid group that has come thru together , developed together .. the ongoing replacement of players means that we have always had too many player short of their best. Sav is an example there are others.. that one observation also gos hand in hand with the way they are being asked to play.

Clark was missed as he almost breaks many team rules as lines.. he attacks and is offensive. The lockdown failure focus of our side produces what we saw in the first quarter..there was no fredom , there was only nerves.

That we eventually settled and made the game close was also due to the lockdown methof of game..no blow out like the Dogs had ..or maybe Brisbane(did no see the game)... but personally id rather have a go at it like the Dogs ..fail while backing your talent ..rather than failing while focused on negative doctrine.

O'Connor appeared really slow witted. The Irish game really appeared in his play tonight, meaning he thought he had more time, and could outrun the mad pressure. One or two fair marks didn't make up for his mistakes. Yeh, they were all slow, a horrible mistake ridden, lockdown game, with not one nice passage of play worth running the replay over.
This effort here from MOC was irritating:

Exactly, BS rhetoric to get 💰 from memberships.

The irritating part is they think they're clever, but they're so transparent that it's embarrassing!

I'm not one to criticise the Club or the players, normally. After last night's fiasco, it's hard to remain silent. It's the same old 💩 different final again + it's gone on too long! It's insane that they keep doing the same thing year after year + expect a different result!

This morning, Geelong has wheeled out Stewart, one of two players who can hold his head high, with the banal + predictable response:
"Geelong Cats finals: Cats vow ‘harsh’ review after finals loss, says Tom Stewart
Gun Geelong defender Tom Stewart has promised the Cats will “harshly” review last night’s loss to Collingwood as they prepare for a do-or-die semi-final against West Coast."
https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...t/news-story/72c5d02060e8da87675aeee7e936bafe
I’d say the harshest review should be amongst the players. They’ve gotta ask themselves how much they want it. Clearly some of them don’t want it enough. Dropping marks, spoiling each other, not covering dangerous free players, scrubbing kicks. And with not that much input from the Crowd (nothing like Richmond and Adelaide in 2017) and really not that much pressure either.

This game is 100% mental. Most of our players need to have a good hard look at themselves and harden up and just execute like they are professionals.

The coach, the MC, the ground size, the mean crowd, the game style and the weather have all been used as excuses...

The truth? The players need to take full responsibility.

The players actually are playing. They have the opportunity to do something. When the siren sounds and play starts - everything else has very little impact on the result and is white noise.

This is equally as insane as thinking a team is guaranteed to win the premiership.

6 teams still could.

Of course no team is guaranteed a flag- Cats 08, Saints 09, Pies 11, Tigers 17 , but logically, watching them demolish a home team last pm was indicative of where they are at. I'd be rapt if WCE or dare I say it, Geelong could cause the upset in the prelim, but it would be illogical to tip that, or expect it. Maybe a forlorn hope because we are still alive. I'm glad that hope comforts you.

I was referring to the so-called easy side of the draw. It's not as if we just lost that game on Friday- we were comprehensively beaten, and that scoreboard was flattering, as you know if you watched the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Dangerfield looking really ginger in that first five minutes. Loved how the commentators said nothing, and the umpires didn’t notice anything either. Must of been out of sight... I mean it’s not like Danger and Grundy are generally near where the ball is...

Couldn't believe my eyes on Friday night, carbon copy of the game vs hawthorn. Why do the cats persist with the slow down the line game plan?

Sent from my LEX820 using Tapatalk

Of course no team is guaranteed a flag- Cats 08, Saints 09, Pies 11, Tigers 17 , but logically, watching them demolish a home team last pm was indicative of where they are at. I'd be rapt if WCE or dare I say it, Geelong could cause the upset in the prelim, but it would be illogical to tip that, or expect it. Maybe a forlorn hope because we are still alive. I'm glad that hope comforts you.

I was referring to the so-called easy side of the draw. It's not as if we just lost that game on Friday- we were comprehensively beaten, and that scoreboard was flattering, as you know if you watched the game.

You say so many things that are simply untrue.

There are 6 chances of varying amounts, balanced against each other. Logical tipping is you pick the single most likely, but how many tipped 4/4 in the first week? And there are still 5 games to go, it is more likely an upset occurs somewhere within that set than not.

As for Geelong? The scoreline was reflective. If anything it flattered Collingwood. But I cannot force you to believe that, apparently I didn't even watch :rolleyes:

Couldn't believe my eyes on Friday night, carbon copy of the game vs hawthorn. Why do the cats persist with the slow down the line game plan?

Sent from my LEX820 using Tapatalk

Do you think Geelong are playing a particular style by pure coincidence?

We aim to control the tempo of the game because that can gain a significant advantage. Not that hard to grasp.

The comment of that game must be this.
With about two minutes of the last 1/4 to go an ABC commentator said" Taylor is calling for Ratogulea to get to the ruck contest".
So the backman is calling for CHF to get to a ruck contest, which I think was on the wing.

You say so many things that are simply untrue.

There are 6 chances of varying amounts, balanced against each other. Logical tipping is you pick the single most likely, but how many tipped 4/4 in the first week? And there are still 5 games to go, it is more likely an upset occurs somewhere within that set than not.

As for Geelong? The scoreline was reflective. If anything it flattered Collingwood. But I cannot force you to believe that, apparently I didn't even watch :rolleyes:
Untrue- as in false, a lie, or just not proven , yet?
And you were not accused of not watching- just confirming you did.
4/4 was not difficult this week.
The reason I selected GWS this week (imo, the only ?? game) was not necessarily great faith in them, but I could really not imagine the opposite result, and the ramifications. And they beat us when we were flying , away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back