Toast What banter pissed off the opposition supporters during an AFL game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the idea for this thread after I got into trouble by some cat supporters on Friday night.

Tim Kelly got the ball on Friday night, and he had bit of a run.

I yelled out “that’s the wrong way to Perth Tim”.

Few giggles, but mostly stares.

Worth it.

What was your best banter?
Very good. Did anyone buy you a beer?

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Got the idea for this thread after I got into trouble by some cat supporters on Friday night.

Worth it.

Hero

I was at Kardinia Park earlier this year and started yelling out about Douglas slipping over as he went to each contest - and he didn't fail to deliver and the Cats fans also started to catch on

At same game when Danger got crunched in a marking contest just before half time - he made his 'look at me' re-entrance at the 2min mark of 3rd qtr the Geelong faithful gave a roar and one woman behind me gushed over his ability to take such a physical barrage and make it back on the field- I pointed out to her it's easier to not feel pain when his testicles are in a glass jar on Mardi's shelf - she did not like hearing that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth it.

And then everyone clapped.

The-Bad-Boy-George-Costanza-Imgur.jpg

In 2009 Nick Riewoldt was lining up for a kick after the siren to equal Essendon's winning streak.

I boldly announced that Riewoldt was "literally" s**t in these type of pressure situations. A mob of saints fans in front and from behind moaned at me with things like 'turn it up buddy' and 'your a hero mate.

As Roo ran in I quickly uttered 'yep he will shank this and go on to have a s**t grand final.'

The rest is history.

N.B Three of the Saints supporters actually wanted to fight me after the game for what I said. I dealt with them accordingly.

Every year, first game, first free kick paid against anyone i yell out oh come on ump he’s been doing that all year

You come down for the Richmond v Carlton game every year? I swear I hear you say that every year!

My best and worst were the same calls that I was making at a Hawks Cats game during the Kennett curse era. These two middleaged female Geelong supporters behind me cheered a Geelong goal before it went through the posts. It missed, and they kept cheering it as "almost". So for every Geelong miss afterwards I cheered for an "almost goal". Then we lost by 5 points in heartbreaking fashion so it backfired immediately.

Another time at a Hawks Pies game my friend yelled out after a Collingwood goal: "look at you! Clapping like a bunch of trained seals", then he imitated them in the manner of a disabled person. That was just hilarious. Everybody in the immediate vicinity went silent and death stared him, including Hawthorn supporters.

Not at the game but back in 2007 on the train in to a Hawks Blues game I told my friend who cares if Buddy is out, we will win by 100. Carlton had been in decent form before the game and the media had been talking them up. My friend was angry because I had jinxed us with my mindless drunken blather. Final score was 180 to 80, completely derailed their season as well.

Not banter, but at a Hawks Tigers game we were sitting right up the back and there was this Tiger supporter losing his s**t, about 20 rows in front of us. My friend threw a chip at him and it hit him in the face. Then we won by 2 goals. This guy was livid.

Chad fletcher was resting in the goal square for a derby - or at least down that end of the ground - and I yelled out “hey chad, I bet you like the flat lines of the square”

It was an away derby so didn’t get much traction with it. And this was after the incident in Vegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back