Opinion Reasons to be Cheerful (Part Three)

Remove this Banner Ad

To each their own. I have no issue with that.

From a personal perspective, the post summed up how I feel about things and supporting the club.

Punishing the club gets us nowhere. If people are that fickle, they should consider another team or sport IMO.

It's just one of those things. Some people say I'll believe it when I see it... I prefer believe it and you'll see it.
Love the saints and will never drop off that’s not the issue it’s the kids that never got on.

I have tried to get my kids interested and the result is 1 out of 4 is a true saints fan, two are fair weather TV watchers and one has never watched a game of AFL.

That’s a problem for the AFL not just the saints and is part of the changing nature of our society and changing technology. I think we’ll get 50 thousand plus this year but if we want to hit seventy we need to find ways to engage my fair weather kids and their friends.

Welcome back.

Love the saints and will never drop off that’s not the issue it’s the kids that never got on.

I have tried to get my kids interested and the result is 1 out of 4 is a true saints fan, two are fair weather TV watchers and one has never watched a game of AFL.

That’s a problem for the AFL not just the saints and is part of the changing nature of our society and changing technology. I think we’ll get 50 thousand plus this year but if we want to hit seventy we need to find ways to engage my fair weather kids and their friends.

Welcome back.

Fair points. I get it. It's those who threaten the club with financial punishment that get up my nose.

Anyway, it comes down to grass roots and community IMO... And of course winning games helps.

Welcome back.

how would we get 50,000 supporters. the most i has been 45

how would we get 50,000 supporters. the most i has been 45
A new coach, some marquee youth like king and a trade haul topped probably by hill.

You’re selling hope so you have to remember we won 9 games so finals isn’t an outrageous suggestion. Hype around increased sponsorship which boosts the marketing budget etc, Riewoldt and Roughead. Ratten is a far more marketable guy than cho in my opinion, he’s well spoken and presents well in front of the cameras.

It would also be difficult to have a worse fixture not in terms of wins but time slots, surely we land a decent game or two this year. All of that hopefully will result in people renewing and lapsed members hopping back on board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back