Not open for further replies.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Same goes for most entertainment though.
The absurdity of sitting in a dark room watching a load of Americans jump around on a big screen dressed up pretending to be superheroes often comes to mind...especially the billions it costs to make it happen!
Great works of film, art, music & literature are so much more important than Jordan, Bradman & the Gabbletts though let's be honest.

Great works of film, art, music & literature are so much more important than Jordan, Bradman & the Gabbletts though let's be honest.

Not to the people who love what they do.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion

Heck yeah they are

a277ab8a3f8b84f4635676ec2cab6c88.725x1000x1.jpg

Not to the people who love what they do.

So nobody playing for Ports then?

I love what they do but it's a lower plain.
Art is by definition subjective and often transient. The ‘musical’ tastes of some here being perfect examples.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Art is by definition subjective and often transient. The ‘musical’ tastes of some here being perfect examples.
It doesn't matter works widely regarded as staple classics in a number of art forms are more important to the species than sporting 'genius' you only have to look at how it's intrinsically linked to education.

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watched the bladerunner theatrical cut recently, I think I’d only seen the directors cut.

Enjoyed it much more watching it again, also thought that the narration helped because the first time I watched it I had literally no idea what was happening.

I agree the narration is done terribly though.

I also feel like Harrison Ford just kinda sucked particularly in any action sequence.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Watched the bladerunner theatrical cut recently, I think I’d only seen the directors cut.

Enjoyed it much more watching it again, also thought that the narration helped because the first time I watched it I had literally no idea what was happening.

I agree the narration is done terribly though.

I also feel like Harrison Ford just kinda sucked particularly in any action sequence.

Ford has an action star reputation which is unusual because he punches like someone's accountant dad that's getting in to his first blue at 46 after too many drinks.

The same can be said for Clint Eastwood and Tommy Lee Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ford has an action star reputation which is unusual because he punches like someone's accountant dad that's getting in to his first blue at 46 after too many drinks.

I'd smash all of em

Especially now they're 86 years old

It doesn't matter works widely regarded as staple classics in a number of art forms are more important to the species than sporting 'genius' you only have to look at how it's intrinsically linked to education.
Some are, most aren’t.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Look I feel for that young family who have been broken into a number of times but fleeing Adelaide in fear for the Riverland??? How about just fleeing Parafield Gardens lel

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Is this true Ford Fairlane ?

Useless information #2788: The universal symbol for medicine in the United States is the Winged Staff of Hermes, also known as the Caduceus - two snakes entwining around a staff with wings at the top.

However, this is wrong - Hermes was never associated with medicine. That honour belonged to Asclepius, who carried a staff with a single snake entwined around it - referencing the brazen serpent that Moses constructed in the wilderness to protect the Israelites from dying from venomous snake bites.

You want to know what Hermes was associated with? Commerce.

Guess what drives the United States medical system? Money.

Never mind Janus’s medical mythology, let me present the Rosetta Stone of drinking...

Not quite what I expected to find in an obscure corner of Poland... at a bar appropriately called “Elixir”.

Next stop? A bar called “Merlin” ;)

B46FC580-6810-4E96-8F0D-1DF1BF449E24.jpeg
ED4CF05B-3BD5-4F69-8057-A2589FEFB2D5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back