Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Richmond 10 to <30

Votes: 97 36.6%
  • Richmond by 30+

Votes: 41 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you, at last there is some sense on Big Footy. Mate, i have been saying this for years. All the Bulldog fans were yapping after their so called hot form before the finals. Saying they have an invincible midfield, we should all be afraid.
Thx mate, I'm so sick of that "Worst Team" stigma being thrown at us, we made the finals 2013,14,15 won the Premiership in 17 were the minor prems in 2018 and made the PF's 2018-19. I think its safe to say we're a ******* good side

Bulldogs' premiership was amazing. Tipped against them and barracked against them in every final, but by the last quarter of the GF you just had to tip your hat. What happened the year before or the year after is immaterial. A great premiership win.

It kind of feels like a wasted opportunity though. 2016 was such an amazing feel good story. Backing it up with solid results could have seen the club cash in on all the good will and could have been a platform which launched a sustained era of success on and off the field. Every Dogs fan I know is "Whatever happens doesn't matter cos 2016".

Thx mate, I'm so sick of that "Worst Team" stigma being thrown at us, we made the finals 2013,14,15 won the Premiership in 17 were the minor prems in 2018 and made the PF's 2018-19. I think its safe to say we're a ******* good side
No worries, clubs like West Coast, Geeong, Hawks, Tigers, Sydney are built on sustained success mate its bloody hard. While the Hawks are in their own league. Having sustainable success is something that is not easy to do.

Bulldogs' premiership was amazing. Tipped against them and barracked against them in every final, but by the last quarter of the GF you just had to tip your hat. What happened the year before or the year after is immaterial. A great premiership win.
Yes it was Ron The Bear as was the Tigers in 2017 and the Eagles in 2018, but they are all history and
should be moved on from quickly except at the mandatory reunions. I have two tickets to the latest
Andrew Lloyd-Webber musical for you its called Dylan Grimes the musical AKA "The bigger they are
the quicker I fall" it's a sequel the first one co-starred Mason Cox and had insufficient force at the
box office.

You're just jealous the KFC dude pulls more chicks than you, and has a bottomless KFC 20 piece feed bucket
Lol there was one dude there that looked a lot like him who had a stunning blonde on his arm, so yeah I am jealous haha.

Did you dust off your 1980s Tigers beanie after 2017 and claim you’ve stuck fat through the 30 odd years of mediocrity?
Should make a doco about Tiger supporters spitting at their players when things aren’t rosey.
Reckon I’d watch that.
This is the kind of s**t that populates BF these days

TheUndertaker

Lions will go down in straight sets. They overachieved this year with a piss easy draw. Will be exposed as an average side next year with a more difficult draw.
Would rather be a Lions supporter than North supporter at the moment. North are a rabble with minimal quality young talent comming through, whereas the Lions are the complete opposite, their young guns are superb and the next few years will be super exciting for everyone involved with the club.

It kind of feels like a wasted opportunity though. 2016 was such an amazing feel good story. Backing it up with solid results could have seen the club cash in on all the good will and could have been a platform which launched a sustained era of success on and off the field. Every Dogs fan I know is "Whatever happens doesn't matter cos 2016".

The precocious Hawthorn team of 2008 missed the finals in 2009 and only limped in to the following year's finals, and we know what happened after that.

The Bulldogs are coming again with a new side, younger than the last, and people have been slow to realise it. 11 finals debutants yesterday. Well placed for sustained success if they can attract the players they need.

Last edited:
Tigers must be the most over rated and the pies most under rated teams coming into finals for years. Lions will completely neutralise them Sunday, and tiges will have a straights sets outage to match their getting kicked out of finals by a 9th placed team some years back.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hey knob jockey you still alive after last night's disappointment? Go EAD campaigner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah if Brisbane had kicked straight they would've been in it. Still, Richmond just waltzed into forward 50 and made it look easy. They did the same against us in patches a month ago. Hopefully we study the heck out of that match and find holes we can exploit, like the Pies did last year.

Worry about beating the Cats first lol

Yeah if Brisbane had kicked straight they would've been in it. Still, Richmond just waltzed into forward 50 and made it look easy. They did the same against us in patches a month ago. Hopefully we study the heck out of that match and find holes we can exploit, like the Pies did last year.

Your plan is to give us gastro and then have a 7 foot american play the game of his life?

So when does Grimes get properly put on notice for his flopping? His dive last night was three times as bad as the one he took in round 2 against us. If you look at the replay you'll notice that he makes the decision that he's going to fall over as the Brisbane player is running in before he even touches him. Grimes is one of my favourite non-Collingwood players due to his no fuss, no fanfare way of consistently getting the job done but he's far too good and respected a footballer to be going down this path IMO.

So when does Grimes get properly put on notice for his flopping? His dive last night was three times as bad as the one he took in round 2 against us. If you look at the replay you'll notice that he makes the decision that he's going to fall over as the Brisbane player is running in before he even touches him. Grimes is one of my favourite non-Collingwood players due to his no fuss, no fanfare way of consistently getting the job done but he's far too good and respected a footballer to be going down this path IMO.
Wasn't a good look, I'm sure he'll be disapointed in it. However I don't think he does it regularly.

What did you think of Howes dive against the crows? Personally I couldn't believe he escaped a fine. Zorkos was poor as well. Happens too often. The umps need to stop getting sucked in.

Wasn't a good look, I'm sure he'll be disapointed in it. However I don't think he does it regularly.

What did you think of Howes dive against the crows? Personally I couldn't believe he escaped a fine. Zorkos was poor as well. Happens too often. The umps need to stop getting sucked in.
Doing it more than once in the same season makes you a serial offender in my books.

Howe's was poor, as was Zorko's. Every single dive that takes place, both the blatant ones and the marginal ones, should be fined. That's the quickest way to stamp it out - penalize it every single time it happens. Grimes' last night was the worst there's been this year IMO.

If Brisbane had of kicked straight tonight there wouldn't have been much in it - Brisbane were extremely inaccurate and Richmond extremely accurate! At one stage both teams had the exact same amount of scoring shots. Too early for Richmond to start crowing yet - just remember last year when you got belted by the Pies.
I think that's a fair comment but the telling signs were against West Coast when we feel 7 goals to 2 down and then the game changed after that. Richmond have clearly learnt to keep going no matter what. I think back to 2017 with those close humiliations against GWS and Freo where we were up in the last minute and got rolled and it happened one or two more times that year against other opponents. I think learning to win from in front was what they had to do back then and now they are showing they can win from behind too against the best teams.

Doing it more than once in the same season makes you a serial offender in my books.

Howe's was poor, as was Zorko's. Every single dive that takes place, both the blatant ones and the marginal ones, should be fined. That's the quickest way to stamp it out - penalize it every single time it happens. Grimes' last night was the worst there's been this year IMO.
And yet Hipwood had no right to go up and even touch him. Hipwood is the real offender here as he was the instigator of the contact. Sure Grimes exaggerated it but if Hipwood just stood back and let Cameron kick the goal, this discussion wouldn’t even be taking place.

And yet Hipwood had no right to go up and even touch him. Hipwood is the real offender here as he was the instigator of the contact. Sure Grimes exaggerated it but if Hipwood just stood back and let Cameron kick the goal, this discussion wouldn’t even be taking place.

You're right he had no need to get involved but it happens 50 times a game in every game, and has always and will always be a part of the game.

Weird to equate something like that with one of the biggest dives we've seen on the footy field.

Don't disagree that Hipwood didn't need to instigate it mate but he did, and then Grimes took a massive flop. Those are the facts. The fact that it was a premeditated dive and not an impulsive one makes it an even worse look too.

Back