Recommitted Sam Powell-Pepper [re-signed until 2023]

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Read the post again.
Unders a tad maybe but Port have cashflow problems and cant pay the cap.

that's not true and I would love you to show where its been reported

there was a report somewhere that port shuffled (or wanted to) some contracts around, this was to manage the minimum cap spends to preserve our ability to bank cap for other years.. somehow people with poor reading comprehension tried to make that into a bursting salary cap.

West World

Team Captain
May 18, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

there was a report somewhere that port shuffled (or wanted to) some contracts around, this was to manage the minimum cap spends to preserve our ability to bank cap for other years.. somehow people with poor reading comprehension tried to make that into a bursting salary cap.

Stand by.

Pretty clear article on Port simply not having the cash to pay 100% of the cap.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns

Was Caro who reported it on the basis of the money being shifted around, had no sources or evidence and ran into a corner to hide once it was proven she was wrong.

Yet people hear the made up head line and just continue to run with it.

The problem is that’s what the media want. The nuffs to believe any headline, do no research and just stick with the ill-informed opinion and believing anything the media will tell them. Post the headline the nuff then doesn’t even look into what was said, who said it and any refutals to the original ‘grab’ headline and still just trots out the original made up point like a fool.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns

Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
What point are you making..? His stats are barely better...actually a lot closer than I thought.

You might’ve forgotten to click your own link there haha.

Dusty kicked more goals and had more goal assist in his second season than SPP has mustered in his career. Pick your fight wisely next time.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Dusty kicked more goals and had more goal assist in his second season than SPP has mustered in his career. Pick your fight wisely next time.

If you bothered reading the post I said SPP likely won’t get near Dusty but he didn’t look that good in his 3rd season..

That’s 100% accurate. Apart from one eyed Richmond supporters, the league thought Dusty was a couple of flashes a match type player who absolutely butchered the ball, tried to take too many things on without being team orientated and couldn’t run out games due to his poor tank.

He turned into a star but it’s revisionist to look back and think he was a star in his 3rd season.

The original point from the other poster just shows how ignorant the general nuffie fan is saying ‘wasn’t this guy supposed to be the next Dusty’
Mate he turned 21 this year... don’t think he’s career is done or anywhere near peaked yet.

Dusty, Dangerfield etc improved out of sight after age 21....or were they both guns at age 21 :drunk::drunk:

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you bothered reading the post I said SPP likely won’t get near Dusty but he didn’t look that good in his 3rd season..

That’s 100% accurate. Apart from one eyed Richmond supporters, the league thought Dusty was a couple of flashes a match type player who absolutely butchered the ball, tried to take too many things on without being team orientated and couldn’t run out games due to his poor tank.

He turned into a star but it’s revisionist to look back and think he was a star in his 3rd season.

The original point from the other poster just shows how ignorant the general nuffie fan is saying ‘wasn’t this guy supposed to be the next Dusty’
Mate he turned 21 this year... don’t think he’s career is done or anywhere near peaked yet.

Dusty, Dangerfield etc improved out of sight after age 21....or were they both guns at age 21 :drunk::drunk:
I think Bell-Pepper was far more physically developed than Danger and Dusty in their initial years. So there was always going to be more improvement in them.

I’m not sure about Pepper. I think he may be one of those players who maybe stay at their current level.

53298 others

Draftee
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I think Bell-Pepper was far more physically developed than Danger and Dusty in their initial years. So there was always going to be more improvement in them.

I’m not sure about Pepper. I think he may be one of those players who maybe stay at their current level.

Dell-Prepper is still young and it's way too early to make a judgment about his peak.

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast

He was never a big ball winner at junior level.

His major asset was his hunger at the contest and that he kicked the odd goal on the run. The issue here being, if you can't get to enough contests, and you can't get outside ball, how do you play as a mid?

Defensive forward would be his other option, but he lacks great forward craft and good defensive forwards have tidy delivery. Like Cripps. He could still be a solid player, but to elevate to the Robinson level he'd need to get fit and shift his thinking.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He was never a big ball winner at junior level.

His major asset was his hunger at the contest and that he kicked the odd goal on the run. The issue here being, if you can't get to enough contests, and you can't get outside ball, how do you play as a mid?

Defensive forward would be his other option, but he lacks great forward craft and good defensive forwards have tidy delivery. Like Cripps. He could still be a solid player, but to elevate to the Robinson level he'd need to get fit and shift his thinking.

His work rate has lifted massively. Some of his running numbers were amazing this year.

It’s his composure that needs to get better

Too prone to rushing through things.

JohnnyFontane90

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
mitch robinson 2.0

never gonna be a star but could be handy in the right environment. reckon essendon and fremantle should be looking at him closely.

Back