2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I don't mind using one rookie spot on an older bloke who fills a need. But with a list of 45 guys how many holes on our list should we have?
I mean we've got Smith, McInnes and Brooksby all on our rookie list this year, that's three guys who aren't really AFL quality and aren't ever likely to be. It's a lot of spots to use on guys who aren't likely to be in the top side for more than 1 or 2 games in an extreme emergency.
Again, perhaps it tells us that we lack mature depth. I doubt we were keen on throwing a bunch of undersized kids to the wolves in a new 2nds side.

I don't think playing top level footy is all there is to the equation.

Edit: should have added that I expect a few will be culled this year.

I'll be gutted if we trade Petch. He'll be better than Kelly a few years time.
He’ll never have the high production that TK has but will be a deadly weapon for sure

Again, perhaps it tells us that we lack mature depth. I doubt we were keen on throwing a bunch of undersized kids to the wolves in a new 2nds side.

I don't think playing top level footy is all there is to the equation.

Edit: should have added that I expect a few will be culled this year.
And that's my point, we're forgoing drafting the players who are going to be that future mature depth. We're plugging holes that we've created ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If mcinnes and brooksby are delisted eastland could be a good rookie pick up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To be fair I don't mind using one rookie spot on an older bloke who fills a need. But with a list of 45 guys how many holes on our list should we have?
I mean we've got Smith, McInnes and Brooksby all on our rookie list this year, that's three guys who aren't really AFL quality and aren't ever likely to be. It's a lot of spots to use on guys who aren't likely to be in the top side for more than 1 or 2 games in an extreme emergency.

The rookie list really does give you the shits hey

The rookie list really does give you the s**ts hey
Maybe....

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back