AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume with the new prelim final ticketing in AFL members it will be very difficult/impossible for silver members to get tickets given Richmond and Collingwood are playing? Maybe the fact that the G will be hosting two prelims might open things up a bit though....

Won’t be a problem for Collingwood game given it’s against either GWS or Brisbane

Richmond v Geelong would be tough, West Coast a lot easier

The GF is going to be ****ed if it’s Pies v Tigers, I’ll get tickets but worried they’ll be top deck

I assume with the new prelim final ticketing in AFL members it will be very difficult/impossible for silver members to get tickets given Richmond and Collingwood are playing? Maybe the fact that the G will be hosting two prelims might open things up a bit though....

Are they doing a tiered system for the prelim finals too now? I didnt know that

That being said, Silver members are paying full face value for prelim finals tickets so I wouldnt imagine there would be that much of a rush for $100 tickets

I think you've misread the website.

For Fri night Cats vs Eagles Semi Final:
Level 1 open - 2 guest passes
Level 4 - 4 guest passes

Should be none at first, then sell once members have had a chance. But what would a member know... quick cash before long time fans

Ticketek website said 1 guest pass per member

s**t that's unlucky. Some tips for next time:

If you have a PC or Laptop, run a normal chrome and an incognito browser next to each other. Join the queue from 15 mins before sale time. I was fortunate that my work had 3 PCs right next to each other, so I had 6 in a queue there, plus my ipad and phone.

Of my 8 "sessions" in the queue, what I found was that they didn't clear in the order I entered the queue. Because they were all offset along the 15s countdown, I was able to hedge my bets that way. Was still too late to get a level 2 seat though.

I have a theory

Stronger the server the more chance you are of getting a ticket, the one time my mate missed out with a Gold membership was when he did it from home with multiple devices instead of doing it at his office which he had always done in the previous 8 years.

Hopefully won't sell out. Would reckon their will be some good GA around the ground to sit in. Wouldn't mind just scanning in.

pretty sure last year before the granny, AFL members tweeted Collingwood had 10K ish and West Coast 700 full AFL members.

Fairly sure it was around 7,200 total.

Having said that there seemed to be a lot more Eagles than the 200 Eagles gold members...

The 2017 grand final was packed with Adelaide supporters in standing room of the AFL members. They definetly weren't AFL members.

Are they doing a tiered system for the prelim finals too now? I didnt know that

That being said, Silver members are paying full face value for prelim finals tickets so I wouldnt imagine there would be that much of a rush for $100 tickets

Yes gold members get first crack, then silver depending on availability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2017 grand final was packed with Adelaide supporters in standing room of the AFL members. They definetly weren't AFL members.

I think it was m22 or m23, there were 5 or 6 entire rows of Eagles. Which amounts to around 100 seats.

It wouldn’t be like the AFL to sell bulk packages at top price which deprives gold members of the main selling point - grand final tickets.

There won’t be many left of the low end 13,000 if Collingwood ever plays any of Richmond, Essendon or Hawthorn in a grand final. On the flip side if it was to be a Giants v Suns (for example) there wouldn’t be many of these packages sold due to low demand and there would likely be 20,000+ available for members.

It’s just a cash grab.

I think it was m22 or m23, there were 5 or 6 entire rows of Eagles. Which amounts to around 100 seats.

It wouldn’t be like the AFL to sell bulk packages at top price which deprives gold members of the main selling point - grand final tickets.

There won’t be many left of the low end 13,000 if Collingwood ever plays any of Richmond, Essendon or Hawthorn in a grand final. On the flip side if it was to be a Giants v Suns (for example) there wouldn’t be many of these packages sold due to low demand and there would likely be 20,000+ available for members.

It’s just a cash grab.
there's a lot of allocations within the AFL members area, and the AFL certainly aren't transparent about that

For example, doesn't matter whether it's Marvel or the MCG there will be some rows allocated to the competing clubs - you might recognise players sitting in those bays who are injured / play for the seconds etc - that might be the area you are referring to

there's a lot of allocations within the AFL members area, and the AFL certainly aren't transparent about that

For example, doesn't matter whether it's Marvel or the MCG there will be some rows allocated to the competing clubs - you might recognise players sitting in those bays who are injured / play for the seconds etc - that might be the area you are referring to
Yep. Or they're sold for $2000.

The tickets always end up in the hands of the fans, one way or the other.

Got on easy enough today. Level 2A for Friday night.

Really happy. Only issue is "best available" is such horse s**t. Level 1 HH or 2A row A, which would people rather?

Got a couple of seats on level 2. Never been able to do that for a big game, nevermind a final, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Really happy. Only issue is "best available" is such horse s**t. Level 1 HH or 2A row A, which would people rather?

I wasnt in the queue right on 11am so couldnt get 2. I got 2A row A too. Not bad seats. I'll look for a west coast supporter in my row! lol

Any need to even reserve a seat for this game of Cats v Eagles as an AFL Member ? (if not overly fussed where seat in AFL Members area for this one)
Surely this is a walk up on night and scan ticket in without giving these ticket agencies more funds.

I'd prefer Level 1 HH for this game actually given the rain prediction.

Obviously 2A if it stays dry though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back