Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't watch all of the Dogs-GWS game, and I think I must have missed the part where this incident happened. Can anyone who watched it let me know: (1) did the commentators say anything at the time alluding to eye-gouging? (2) did Bont or any of his teammates remonstrate with Greene straight after it?

If it happened, then it's serious and Toby's in big trouble (and so is GWS's flag attempt). But from what I can see, at this point all we have is Bulldogs supporters whining about it on twitter, and using terms like "evidence" when a mark on Bont's face could have come from any number of impacts.

Can’t stand the whining now, but to be fair to Bontempelli I couldn’t believe watching that video that he didn’t remonstrate or look to the umpires. Greene seems to claw at his eyes and pull his head around by pulling at his hair. Worse than Merrett’s and I thought that was pretty low.

Mark Stevens is just a biased Bulldogs mouthpiece. Like Robbo, he's just a supporter who continually pushes the supporter line in the way most of us do here. Sort of like the anti-Damo, who goes the extra mile to be as negative as possible about 'his' team.

I actually respect Stevens more than Damo for this, but both of them are disgracefully conflicted in a job where lack of bias is the very essence of the role.

Last edited:
Mark Stevens is just a biased Bulldogs mouthpiece. Like Robbo, he's just a supporter who continually pushes the supporter line in the way most of us do here. Sort of like the anti-Damo, who goes the extra mile to be as negative as possible about 'his' team.

I actually respect Stevens more than Damo for this, but both of them are disgracefully conflicted in a job that where lack of bias is the very essence of the role.

He attended the game with his son in his full bulldogs kit as a fan according to Jabba and Pickering.

Caught the flight up in the full kit as well.

He and his wife attended the Geelong and Collingwood pregame function in Bulldog scarves on Friday night.

I didn't watch all of the Dogs-GWS game, and I think I must have missed the part where this incident happened. Can anyone who watched it let me know: (1) did the commentators say anything at the time alluding to eye-gouging? (2) did Bont or any of his teammates remonstrate with Greene straight after it?

If it happened, then it's serious and Toby's in big trouble (and so is GWS's flag attempt). But from what I can see, at this point all we have is Bulldogs supporters whining about it on twitter, and using terms like "evidence" when a mark on Bont's face could have come from any number of impacts.
11.52 on the clock in the first for those who want to watch it. To answer your question, No but Tammy mentioned he was roughed up and Toby came in hard. As for point 2, Smith and West came to take Toby off the Bont but nothing too heavy as GWS had the ball moving.

The Bont did go off immediately after the incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He attended the game with his son in his full bulldogs kit as a fan according to Jabba and Pickering.

Caught the flight up in the full kit as well.

He and his wife attended the Geelong and Collingwood pregame function in Bulldog scarves on Friday night.

The professional standards in the industry are so low that it literally doesn't occur to him that such behaviour is inappropriate.

The professional standards in the industry are so low that it literally doesn't occur to him that such behaviour is inappropriate.
Professional standards in AFL media? Like Elvis they left the building years ago.

On my phone so can’t really see it properly, but that footage makes it really hard to see what he was actually doing?

If he was eye gouging though he needs to have a long long break from the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back