No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL facebook page reporting that the clown is off to the tribunal, looking at 5 charges so this could be one of them
Straight to the tribunal.

TOBY Greene faces a huge Tuesday night hearing at the AFL Tribunal, after the Greater Western Sydney superstar was charged with serious misconduct following Saturday's elimination final victory over the Western Bulldogs.
Greene was involved in a series of offences involving Marcus Bontempelli, where his fingers made contact around his eyes and head. He also appears at one stage to pull the hair of the Western Bulldogs midfielder.
Greene was charged for the totality of the incidents, not one single offence, leaving him at serious risk of a suspension at potentially missing his side's semi-final showdown with Brisbane at the Gabba next Saturday night.

Toby Greene, GWS GIANTS, has been charged with Serious Misconduct against Marcus Bontempelli, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Elimination Final match between the GWS GIANTS and Western Bulldogs, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday September 7.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was referred directly to the Tribunal and Greene is not able to accept an early plea.

Harry Himmelberg, GWS GIANTS, has been charged with Striking Marcus Bontempelli, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Elimination Final match between the GWS GIANTS and Western Bulldogs, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday September 7.

In summary he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Zaine Cordy, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with Striking Matt de Boer, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Elimination Final match between the GWS GIANTS and Western Bulldogs, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday September 7.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Matthew Suckling, GWS GIANTS, has been charged with Forceful Front-On Contact against Josh Kelly, GWS GIANTS, during the third quarter of the Elimination Final match between the GWS GIANTS and Western Bulldogs, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday September 7.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

De Boer a Bulldog, Suckers a Giant, another lazy journalist.

Angry about Himmelberg, ask Bont if it was low impact.
I'm happy to let the Gott in Himmel let-off go because if we make a fuss about that there'll be a bunch of ignorant GWS supporters saying "what about Bont getting off for almost killing Haynes nerny nerny ner ..."

As long as Greene gets rubbed out for a long time.

There has to be a point where the AFL have to step in with Greene. He has a long history on and off field of being a thug. Will it have to come to the point where someone has to lose an eye or have something broken because of him?

There has to be a point where the AFL have to step in with Greene. He has a long history on and off field of being a thug. Will it have to come to the point where someone has to lose an eye or have something broken because of him?
I think there's a rule that says if you get suspended for more than 16 games in your career you can't play any more.

I also think I read somewhere that he has been suspended for six games so far in his career. Clearly should have been a lot more already because he has got off lightly for numerous offences such as putting his studs in Dahlhaus's face. Still, if they rub him out for say 4 games for his EF antics he's over half way there. (Probably won't get 4 games though - you have to knife somebody to get more than two games these days. Unless your name is Jack Redpath.:rolleyes:)

Can anyone confirm the 16 game rule?

I think there's a rule that says if you get suspended for more than 16 games in your career you can't play any more.

I also think I read somewhere that he has been suspended for six games so far in his career. Clearly should have been a lot more already because he has got off lightly for numerous offences such as putting his studs in Dahlhaus's face. Still, if they rub him out for say 4 games for his EF antics he's over half way there. (Probably won't get 4 games though - you have to knife somebody to get more than two games these days. Unless your name is Jack Redpath.:rolleyes:)

Can anyone confirm the 16 game rule?
Yes, definitely a rule.

Any player who accumulates a total of 16 weeks or more of suspensions over the course of his career will be automatically deregistered from the AFL, and barred from any further participation. Any previous suspensions within the AFL are carried over at 75% of their original length (e.g. a previous suspension of four weeks will only count as three weeks under this policy), but any immediate suspension is to be considered at its full length. If any player receives an immediate first suspension of 16 weeks or more, deregistration is left to the discretion of the League.

A deregistered player may apply for an exemption to re-register or appeal the deregistration under the appropriate laws of the league after 12 months. However, only one request can be made. Should a player be exempted and re-registered, any further suspension will result in permanent, irrevocable deregistation.

I'm happy to let the Gott in Himmel let-off go because if we make a fuss about that there'll be a bunch of ignorant GWS supporters saying "what about Bont getting off for almost killing Haynes nerny nerny ner ..."

As long as Greene gets rubbed out for a long time.
Do we really care what those dropkicks think? If they can’t see the difference between an accident - Bont on Haynes - and deliberate punching, eye gouging, hair pulling and head banging - Grub and Himmelgrub - then they are criminally stupid. And I’m pretty sure those assaults were just the tip of the iceberg, they and other grubs were at Bont all game, thanks for nothing, maggots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the commentators on the earlier game were saying GWS are 0 from 5 against the Tigers at the MCG but are 2 from 4 (or something like that) against Brisbane at the Gabba. Presumably meaning games played over the last 2-3 years.

So GWS are probably happy with the Tigers winning. And it makes me think they are a reasonable chance to get through to the PF against Collingwood. I'd give them a fair chance in that one too.

Please Dog, no ...
No chance they'll beat the Pies at the G. They winged about our 20k Dogs fans booing them in the 2016 PF, there will be 70k Pies fans booing them at the PF this year of they make it. GWS might beat Brisbane but that'll be as far as they get. And that's not even taking into account their horrible record at the G in general...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back