Opinion Should Geelong v West Coast be played at GMHBA Stadium next week?

Should the Gee v WCE final be played at GMHBA Stadium?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's ok. Since Geelong doesn't have a homeground, am happy for us to play at our home away from.
Keep up the confidence. :thumbsu:

I have about 50 bookmarks sitting in the background waiting to be rehashed.

Should be GMHBA. Their stadium, their home final. I hate the Cats but they deserve to play at their home ground, crowd numbers or no crowd numbers. It's unfair for them.

To clarify, it should have been played there on Friday too in my opinion

Keep up the confidence. :thumbsu:

I have about 50 bookmarks sitting in the background waiting to be rehashed.

It's just a bit of pre game banter, mate. I fully expect Geelong to take it to us and don't think it will be a walk in the park. Nothing more dangerous than a team on the ropes with a lot to prove.

It's just a bit of pre game banter, mate. I fully expect Geelong to take it to us and don't think it will be a walk in the park. Nothing more dangerous than a team on the ropes with a lot to prove.
I'm loving the fact that a team who finished on top, played 20 minutes of football with no ruckman and only lost by 10 points can go into a final against a team who finished 5th, as underdogs.

It's reminiscent of our final against Sydney a few years ago.

If we can keep Rioil and Ryan quiet I think we'll win by 4 goals. If they get their hands on the ball at will West Coast will probably win. We match up well in every other position on the ground. I said the same against Collingwood in regards to Pendlebury and Sidebottom and they both slaughtered us.

And we're 13-0 second up after a bye.

I've been saying all year that if we meet West Coast in a final at the G we'll win and I'm not shying away from it now.

Best of luck.

Wager herculez09?

I'm loving the fact that a team who finished on top, played 20 minutes of football with no ruckman and only lost by 10 points can go into a final against a team who finished 5th, as underdogs.

If we can keep Rioil and Ryan quiet I think we'll win by 4 goals. If they get their hands on the ball at will West Coast will probably win. We match up well in every other position on the ground. I said the same against Collingwood in regards to Pendlebury and Sidebottom and they both slaughtered us.

I've been saying all year that if we meet West Coast in a final at the G we'll win and I'm not shying away from it now.

Best of luck.

Wager herculez09?

Have a look at my post history, I don't disagree that Geelong play us very well. Recent history between the two is that each team wins on their home ground going back to 2013. Playing at the MCG adds a new dimension and the game is up for grabs.

For what it is worth, I'm backing my team in and reckon we should get the win. But am looking forward to a tough tight game on Friday.

Deep down we all know it should be at GMHBA, like last week lso should have been. Enough of the crowd size etc, you earn the final, it gets played at your ground
And yet all the non vic sides are constantly told to suck it up and stop whinging when we have to play the GF at the G, so we do...we'll now geelong will have to suck it up, stop whinging and do as their told...as we do.

Both, FA would deem it a good fit and if Grimsby are getting gate money, they’d go for it no doubt!

Of course if they were playing a team from miles away who don’t draw, the smaller stadium makes sense ;)
Geelong wanted to play at home last week but afl said no. As has been mentioned numerous times same rules for every team

Best of luck.

Wager herculez09?
Sure, what do you wanna bet?

we saw the crowd at the g last week, they wouldn't get nearly as many in Geelong.
Bulldust, there's an oval out the back where 1,000's of people can sit. I'm sure the club can hire a big screen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever since Chris Scott started this debate Geelong have been useless, so I say keep it going.
Not entirely true, he simply answers the question he is asked on the issue. So that part is a little misleading, the correct part is our current drop in form since it has been in the public domain this year. If the AFL just said once & for all it will NEVER happen, the talk will cease immediately, but they won’t do that because it’s a topic that sells papers & gets a lot of airtime on sports radio such as SEN. I am fine with this game being at the G, because it will serve whichever team who wins very well for the following week at the same ground/time.

Not entirely true, he simply answers the question he is asked on the issue. So that part is a little misleading, the correct part is our current drop in form since it has been in the public domain this year. If the AFL just said once & for all it will NEVER happen, the talk will cease immediately, but they won’t do that because it’s a topic that sells papers & gets a lot of airtime on sports radio such as SEN. I am fine with this game being at the G, because it will serve whichever team who wins very well for the following week at the same ground/time.

You're right. I think the biggest mistake was the Freo game back in 2013 being played there born out of extreme circumstances. The AFL could have knocked it on the head there and then and played it at Marvel, but instead we have this shitfit of a thread every year.

Both, FA would deem it a good fit and if Grimsby are getting gate money, they’d go for it no doubt!

Of course if they were playing a team from miles away who don’t draw, the smaller stadium makes sense ;)

So you reckon they'll only get a crowd of 30k at the g this weekend? Are you thick or just here to shitpost?

I actually hate the argument about the size of the crowd - Who cares? AFL is a not-for-profit so it shouldn't even be a consideration

The answer should be a yes, they play it at Kardinia
But after the game against Collingwood was played at the MCG, the answer is no, they can't just be playing some teams there and not others

Yes. If they play h&a games against certain teams at GMHBA then same should be with finals. Teams they play h&a games at the G ,play at the G during finals. West Coast, GWS, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs - Yes. Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon - No (These teams havent played there for many years) ... may have mistaken the category but you get the idea

Yes. If they play h&a games against certain teams at GMHBA then same should be with finals. Teams they play h&a games at the G ,play at the G during finals. West Coast, GWS, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs - Yes. Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon - No (These teams havent played there for many years) ... may have mistaken the category but you get the idea

That is just making up some rules for one some rules for another

But I think its fair to say excuses will be made up to suit the best $$$$$$$$$$ return what ever it is

Heard a good point on the weekend by one of the commentators (rare, I know). Not so much the size of the crowd but the fact that there are 60K Geelong members. They have it at the MCG, more of them can see their team play.

That is just making up some rules for one some rules for another

But I think its fair to say excuses will be made up to suit the best $$$$$$$$$$ return what ever it is

Yeah it is, although i find it makes some sort of consistency out of it. Def the $$$ are calling the shots

I got tickets to the game today at 35 bucks on level 1 using my Vic eagle membership, would not even got close to getting a ticket at Geelong, can't even get one in the home and away season, the club does not even bother to make it part of our membership anymore due to limited space at Geelong.

The only thing that matters to the AFL is the almighty dollar, so was always going to be at the g, simple maths really 60k at the G to 36k at Geelong.

Back