Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a feeling Nathan Lyon will have a big say in proceedings tonight

He did on the final day of the 3rd test too.

(I'll see myself out)

Tell you what I've been opening my stance up ala Smudge at training recently and by * it helps with keeping my head still and not falling over to the off side. Makes playing off the legs a million times easier. Bradman wasn't as open as Smith but had a similar backlift and step out to the ball.

I used to be very big on doing everything by the book but I am now wondering if the book needs some updating. Bradman, sure, freak, one off occurrence. But for Smith to come out with a similar technique and stand leagues above every other bat in the world, you need to take notice.

Can someone explain to me why 300 odd runs in 80 overs is somehow impossible for a test but seemingly 300 odd runs for an odi appears very doable?

Any chance that England see if they can chase it down or are they just going to try and survive.
ECB tweeted “can we survive” so I don’t think anyone would be thinking about trying to win unless they got to not many down for not many left - good job so far (*grinds teeth*).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain to me why 300 odd runs in 80 overs is somehow impossible for a test but seemingly 300 odd runs for an odi appears very doable?
On a fifth day wicket when the rules aren’t designed to help scoring isn’t the same thing.

On a fifth day wicket when the rules aren’t designed to help scoring isn’t the same thing.
Thanks. So it's much harder to bat in these conditions and there are no powerplays etc.

Thanks. So it's much harder to bat in these conditions and there are no powerplays etc.
Also limits on bowlers - nothing legside, nothing high - as well as fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back