Enjoy missing the rest of the finals Greene, you scumbag

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if he'll get suspended but I'm annoyed that the umps let it go when it was happening at every second stoppage.

And that is why we should have taken matters into our own hands.

Unfortunately we are too disciplined, the umpires let it all go early without punishment but we didn’t have anyone fly the flag which was very disappointing

Vision doesn’t look good for Greene, the bloke is a flog

Who kicked him in the nuts ? Perhaps club should give whoever it was an award at B&F night

Dunkley.

And thread title should be changed. Will be embarrassing when he gets nothing but a fine.

The worst part of the footage is none of his teammates other than the first year player in Bailey Smith comes in to fly the flag.

Seriously, final or not, he should have been dealt with severely.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, our current side needs an enforcer or we'll continue to get pushed around, particularly in finals footy.

This is what s**ts me. We never have anyone that will fly the flag and have a crack at someone. I don’t know the record off the top of my head, but I’m sure if you look it up, we would have the least amount of suspensions over the last 20 years or so. Gotta toughen up

The interesting thing is it was actually Bonti who initiated the physical stuff 3 weeks ago against the giants.

Unfortunately he only had bailey smith and rhylee west nearby. Another downside to fielding such a young lineup.

Herald sun and Ralphy already downplaying it

Dylan Grimes fined for staging, Toby Greene charged with serious misconduct
Repeat offender Toby Greene could miss the Giants’ cut-throat semi-final after being charged with serious misconduct, while the match review officer has handed down his verdict on Dylan Grimes’ dive.
Jon Ralph, Herald Sun
|
September 8, 2019 ..
Toby Greene’s trio of misconduct offences on Bulldogs star Marcus Bontempelli has resulted in a referral straight to the tribunal in a case that could see him suspended for Saturday’s final against Brisbane.

And Tiger Dylan Grimes was one of two players fined for staging in Richmond’s qualifying final win against Brisbane.

Greene made unnecessary contact to the face of Bontempelli in the crushing win over the Western Bulldogs as GWS clearly made the star midfielder a key target.

In the same passage of play he massaged his forearm into the head of Bontempelli then with both hands shook his head and pushed it into the ground.

The AFL could have decided to hand him a trio of misconduct fines but they would have cost him just $3000 in total.

Instead, match review officer Michael Christian believed they constituted serious misconduct, which is referred directly to the tribunal.

The tribunal can decide to hand the Giants repeat offender a fine up to $5000 or potentially suspend him for a week.

It is understood a week would likely be the longest penalty he would accept for the unnecessary contact to the face.

But Christian ruled the contact in the three incidents was completely unnecessary and wants Greene to explain himself at the tribunal.

He produced a similar ruling in the Ben Stratton pinching case on Orazio Fantasia, which eventually saw him suspended for repeated pinching of the Essendon small forward.

Essendon’s Zach Merrett was fined on Thursday night for his lingering hold on Nic Naitanui’s hair, but Christian clearly believed the Greene incident was significantly worse.

Greene could still plead his case at the tribunal on Tuesday, escape with a hefty fine and then play against the Lions in the cut-throat semi-final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How the f*** would Ralph know?

Shouldn’t he be fapping over Richmond?

The worst part of the footage is none of his teammates other than the first year player in Bailey Smith comes in to fly the flag.

Seriously, final or not, he should have been dealt with severely.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, our current side needs an enforcer or we'll continue to get pushed around, particularly in finals footy.

Schache the Enforcer?

The interesting thing is it was actually Bonti who initiated the physical stuff 3 weeks ago against the giants.

Unfortunately he only had bailey smith and rhylee west nearby. Another downside to fielding such a young lineup.

Bont was angry from similar stuff during the previous game when he hip and shouldered a few of them. You could see hime cracking the shits with Deboer about ..something... shortly before.

Dunkley.

And thread title should be changed. Will be embarrassing when he gets nothing but a fine.

The Marcus Bontempelli photo that could end GWS Giants star Toby Greene’s finals campaign

Following the Giants' win, coach Leon Cameron denied that his side had pre-planned an assault on the newly-crowned AFLCA Player of the Year. Bullshit

"I think the physicality of the game just took it there," Cameron told 3AW Radio.

"Matthew de Boer's played strong all year. He's very aggressive at the man and the footy. It was just a final, we raised the stakes by five or 10 percent.

"We all know that Bontempelli is one of the top two or three players in the competition. (De Boer) walked away three weeks ago knowing that Bontempelli beat him in the first encounter.

"He was determined to try and make sure he could get back and square it up."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

28aa06ceb2bea8148d58efc24a3eb764.jpg

Nothing to see here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunkley.

Fortunately he already has a bad record. And that footage is damning. And that photo! He’s covered in bruises and wounds! The AFL can’t be seen condoning that sort of stuff. Makes Gaff’s whack on Brayshaw almost look tame and he got 8.

Most players get off during finals. We will see
Yep. Fine only. AFL can't afford to upset plastics theatre goers (all 2 of 'em) - especially as they don't understand the game and it's rules.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Ryan “Shaggy” Hargrave is your man.

Pound for Pound best boxing talent (technically very good boxer) and punch at the club would only need to stand next to Greene a second.
Ricky Kennedy - Greene would be too scared to step on a footy field ever again.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back