Game Day GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs, Finals Week 1 - 15:20 AEST, Sep 07, 2019

Who will win GWS v WB?

• GWS Giants <10

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • GWS Giants 10+ to <30

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • GWS Giants 30+

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Bulldogs <10

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Bulldogs 10+ to <30

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Bulldogs 30+

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Something needs to be done about the umpiring department. They need some serious training.

It is quite clear they simply do not understand the game or the rules that they are meant to be enforcing.

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
If it is no.2 it is Foote.

Absolute numpty.

Daughter at the game. AFL funds has provided GWS flags under every seat.

Ask yourself if the AFL will that for your club
Who’s the liar?

You, or your daughter?

Because I was at the game, in a Giants supporters bay and guess what; NO FLAGS under the seats.

No Bulldogs supporters I saw after the game with a free flag; nor did I see them discarded after the game around the precinct.

So; I ask again; who’s the lying POS in the Joffaboy household?

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
Who’s the liar?

You, or your daughter?

Because I was at the game, in a Giants supporters bay and guess what; NO FLAGS under the seats.

No Bulldogs supporters I saw after the game with a free flag; nor did I see them discarded after the game around the precinct.

So; I ask again; who’s the lying POS in the Joffaboy household?
There was a flag on every seat in multiple bays. Orange ones in ours, charcoal ones in others. We gathered them all up in our bay and put them up the top for the kids that might want them rather than just get trod in etc and go to waste. Saw many kids walking out with 10+ each and good on them.

Bay Giant

All Australian
Jun 20, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
There was a flag on every seat in multiple bays. Orange ones in ours, charcoal ones in others. We gathered them all up in our bay and put them up the top for the kids that might want them rather than just get trod in etc and go to waste. Saw many kids walking out with 10+ each and good on them.
Where were you?

There were none in any of the bays around me.

Toby Greene, GWS GIANTS, has been charged with Serious Misconduct against Marcus Bontempelli, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Elimination Final match between the GWS GIANTS and Western Bulldogs, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday September 7.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was referred directly to the Tribunal and Greene is not able to accept an early plea.

Harry Himmelberg, GWS GIANTS, has been charged with Striking Marcus Bontempelli, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Elimination Final match between the GWS GIANTS and Western Bulldogs, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday September 7.

In summary he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Zaine Cordy, Western Bulldogs, has been charged with Striking Matt de Boer, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Elimination Final match between the GWS GIANTS and Western Bulldogs, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday September 7.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact and Body Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Matthew Suckling, GWS GIANTS (SIC), has been charged with Forceful Front-On Contact against Josh Kelly, GWS GIANTS, during the third quarter of the Elimination Final match between the GWS GIANTS and Western Bulldogs, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday September 7.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact and High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
203 & 204 had flags.
May have targeted the areas the cameras pick up most.
What’s the big deal? The AFL is trying to get new supporters interested in a new sport. it’s not as simple as trying to get AFL diehards off the couch and to the game.
No deal from me. Just saw the other post saying someone was lying, which wasn't true. I'd be happy if my kid got a free flag. A bit wasteful in the bays full of Bulldog fans, but no skin off my nose.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Toby Greene, GWS GIANTS, has been charged with Serious Misconduct against Marcus Bontempelli, Western Bulldogs, during the first quarter of the Elimination Final match between the GWS GIANTS and Western Bulldogs, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday September 7.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was referred directly to the Tribunal and Greene is not able to accept an early plea.

We have just got to target this waste of space the next time we play. We can let him do this most time we play them. His hit on Caleb, his stops to the face of Dalhaus and now his gouging of the face of the Bont and his stomping on Wood. Not to mentioned his court case for kicking someone in the head. I am disappointed someone did not fly the flag yesterday. I know we were a lot younger and do not have any player that would stoop to the low acts of this piece of tripe. Six weeks suspension coming up I will be cheering when this happens.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

We have just got to target this waste of space the next time we play. We can let him do this most time we play them. His hit on Caleb, his stops to the face of Dalhaus and now his gouging of the face of the Bont and his stomping on Wood. Not to mentioned his court case for kicking someone in the head. I am disappointed someone did not fly the flag yesterday. I know we were a lot younger and do not have any player that would stoop to the low acts of this piece of tripe. Six weeks suspension coming up I will be cheering when this happens.
Feel the same way about Bont? Or are we choosy with our outrage?

Greene is gone and will be gone for the 1st 6 or so next season to. No place for it in the game.

But you lot aren't/werent saints.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Feel the same way about Bont? Or are we choosy with our outrage?
Bont was probably bit lucky but there was no thuggery in the incident. Greene has football ability but chooses to be a DH on numerous occasions and has just cost GWS any chance they had of beating the lions. Sorry but his the only player in the AFL that I cannot stomach from his strut, to head wobble and his antics.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Bont was probably bit lucky but there was no thuggery in the incident. Greene has football ability but chooses to be a DH on numerous occasions and has just cost GWS any chance they had of beating the lions. Sorry but his the only player in the AFL that I cannot stomach from his strut, to head wobble and his antics.

Late and High. Definate thuggery.

You would love him in your side, most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast

It's a very obvious case of racism when people fall over themselves to call NN a thug for retaliating over a hair pulling incident, but Greene repeatedly gets the "boy shucks howdy he is a gutsy player, sure he's a bit rough but you'd love him on your team" treatment.

The guy is the dirtiest flog to lay AFL in some time.

It's a very obvious case of racism when people fall over themselves to call NN a thug for retaliating over a hair pulling incident, but Greene repeatedly gets the "boy shucks howdy he is a gutsy player, sure he's a bit rough but you'd love him on your team" treatment.

What have you been smoking?

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS

What??

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Are you kidding?

Everyone is going after Tobes. And IF he has eye guaged someone he should be gone.

But on the actual evidence without any pre determination he appears to be innocent of it.

The black eye was from when he was kicked earlier in the game by a team mate and all the footage of the incident show that at no stage Bont, or his team mates react as if he was eye guaged.

As for the cuts on the neck?
Well A that's not his eye and B at least it wasn't a broken larynx.

HurleyHepsHird

Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Are you kidding?

Everyone is going after Tobes. And IF he has eye guaged someone he should be gone.

But on the actual evidence without any pre determination he appears to be innocent of it.

The black eye was from when he was kicked earlier in the game by a team mate and all the footage of the incident show that at no stage Bont, or his team mates react as if he was eye guaged.

As for the cuts on the neck?
Well A that's not his eye and B at least it wasn't a broken larynx.
Greene has been constantly defended and lauded by the press. Robbo historically has struggled to say a bad word about him. But I still remember how absolutely definitive they were over the Nic Nat tackling incident. Robbo arms flailing, getting in a huff.

Also, lol at you (General Giant) actually defending this.

"Gaff's fist never actually hit Brayshaw's jaw, it was the force of his chest flying up into his mouth. The video evidence was a refractory trick, caused by light bouncing off the inner lens of the camera making Gaff's fist appear closer to Brayshaw's face". That's how you sound.

Greene has been constantly defended and lauded by the press. Robbo historically has struggled to say a bad word about him. But I still remember how absolutely definitive they were over the Nic Nat tackling incident. Robbo arms flailing, getting in a huff.

Also, lol at you actually defending this.

"Gaff's fist never actually hit Brayshaw's jaw, it was the force of his chest flying up into his mouth. The video evidence was a refractory trick, caused by light bouncing off the inner lens of the camera making Gaff's fist appear closer to Brayshaw's face". That's how you sound.

I am not defending anything, I am questioning your lunatic claims that others legitimately questioning NicNats action is racist and I assume by association that because Toby Greene is white he gets special treatment.

I would have you note that I have neither questioned NN's actions or defended Greenes.

Drawing a racist link is idiotic.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Also, lol at you (General Giant) actually defending this.

How have I said that?

If he has eye guaged someone he should be gone 100%.

But no one including Bont or his team mates acts as if he has had someone poking around his eyeballs.

Your outrage is over riding common sense.

HurleyHepsHird

Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
I am not defending anything, I am questioning your lunatic claims that others legitimately questioning NicNats action is racist and I assume by association that because Toby Greene is white he gets special treatment.

I would have you note that I have neither questioned NN's actions or defended Greenes.

Drawing a racist link is idiotic.
They are racist, just as your clubs fans and president were for haranguing Goodes and still have the gall to claim it's "coz he was a dirty player".

If that was the case, Greene would have been getting booed relentlessly, stadium to stadium, before now.

Greene's bad behaviour gets largely ignored or forgotten by the footballing public (until now) because he isn't a vocal black man who intimidates flogs like Eddie, and he absolutely gets lauded as tough and his indiscretions talked down by the likes of Robbo and Brereton and Carey because he is white. That knockabout bloke moniker only seems to apply to a certain set of people. Eye gouging, hair pulling and punching blokes in a single game, no less against a superstar player will finally lead to the media taking notice.

Back