Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand.

I have watched Glenelg for 45 years. My fav haunt was Brighton road, so much so, I bought a house on Moseley street with the sneaky ruse, just to go to all home games and stagger back munted. I'd be stoked to see Glenelg win a flag and particularly see Brad Close get a BOG

In saying that though, the SANFL accepted both teams into the comp so they should not lose their s**t if and when a Crows/Port GF eventuates for the first time
The SANFL is controlled by the AFL so it was always going to happen whether the clubs accepted them in or not. It’s done now so we just have to live with it or the supporters like myself can choose to head back to grassroots football.
You guys will flog Glenelg next week so all the best against Port

Bloody I didn’t go to the last game and didn’t get my ticket back, didn’t realise it gets you into the finals

I’m going next week and the week after if we qualify for the GF. Only reason I haven’t gone the last two weeks is due to other commitments. Hopefully we can get as many there to support the boys, the next generation of Crows, next week. 15k to 20k would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have been a South Adelaide fan for 15 years. I live in the Port Adelaide area. I take the train from port to the city that's a 30 minute ride. Then travel from city to Noarlunga, that's a 52 minute ride as well. So a 90 minute journey each way.

Thought McHenry was great today, should take Murphys spot with a big preseason.

FOG is an interesting one, plays is the midfield and forward, his laconic style makes it look like he doesn't do much.

Poholke, I've change my mind, i think he can make it. Just needs midfield time, could be J Lyons mark 2 ( but more of a goal kicker).

Jones is going to be a star.

FOG is an interesting one, plays is the midfield and forward, his laconic style makes it look like he doesn't do much.

Poholke, I've change my mind, i think he can make it. Just needs midfield time, could be J Lyons mark 2 ( but more of a goal kicker).

I've only got 14 locks in my round one team next year, and McHenry is one of them. He's a beauty. Shocking haircut, though.

serious question to crows fans that do support any SANFL club.

For an example if you follow glenelg in the SANFL and follow the crows in the AFL, will you be supporting glenelg in the prelim?

I am a south fan and back in 2016, I was infuriated seeing sturt fans wearing crows colours. south finshed top 3 and got the double chance and lost to both sturt and crows in the finals.

Crows lost out in the prelim. sturt won the prelim by 6 goals and beat Woodville west torrens in the 2016 GF.

I am a south Adelaide fan. No disrespect for the crows SANFL team, Glenelg has to win this prelim.

If its a crows vs Port GF, there will be a backlash in social media.

Also, i know some of you love going on bay 13, there will be poo fights between both sets of fans too.

For an example if you follow glenelg in the SANFL and follow the crows in the AFL, will you be supporting glenelg in the prelim?

I am a south fan and back in 2016, I was infuriated seeing sturt fans wearing crows colours. south finshed top 3 and got the double chance and lost to both sturt and crows in the finals.

Crows lost out in the prelim. sturt won the prelim by 6 goals and beat Woodville west torrens in the 2016 GF.

I am a south Adelaide fan. No disrespect for the crows SANFL team, Glenelg has to win this prelim.

Also, i know some of you love going on bay 13, there will be poo fights between both sets of fans too.
Yeh I saw people wearing sturt and crows gear
Both teams were playing that day
Thankfully you could have counted them on one hand

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

I’ve also changed my view this year on Poholke. Feeling confident he’ll have a breakout year in AFL in 2020, Gallucci the same. Jones and Fogarty are going to be special players with Ned and Stengle being the small forwards the we’re been looking for.

We do have decent talent on the list and it makes 2019 even more frustrating that we stuck to the ‘tried and true’ which clearly wasn’t working.

The SANFL side has a decent backline coming along, the midfield a good mix and a functional forward line!

We probably lose Fog this week but regain Davis from suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fog does more than meets the eye. Whenever he doesn’t get a possession, and the ball is nearby, he often whacks an opponent. He’s genuine value in whatever he does.

Though I’m a bit concerned in today’s game with him knocking an opponent around the neck or chin. Hopefully he can still play next week.

gutted your SANFL team got bundled out.

I was hoping they would knock off the crows and Glenelg beat Port today.

then the Magpies face norwood in the prelim final and norwood got through.

You know it's the AFL who are the parasites don't you
In any case ,if it's so why are the CROWS reserves in it ?

Necessity and proximity. No, the SANFL are parasites, they unfairly have a share of Adelaide Oval and they unfairly got a share of the clubs revenue at Footy park, meanwhile the dullards running the SANFL clubs and the SANFL were ******* around with finances and almost killing themselves.

Oh and the VFL nearly doing the same thing is irrelevant, so don't bother bring that up.

It is a nothing comp because it cannot stand on its own feet.

Necessity and proximity. No, the SANFL are parasites, they unfairly have a share of Adelaide Oval and they unfairly got a share of the clubs revenue at Footy park, meanwhile the dullards running the SANFL clubs and the SANFL were ******* around with finances and almost killing themselves.

Oh and the VFL nearly doing the same thing is irrelevant, so don't bother bring that up.

It is a nothing comp because it cannot stand on its own feet.
Keep banging away at the keyboard .........

Crows, will be OK if the Tiges win.

To let you know where I come from. Back in 1980 tod 1990, SANFL was a top comp ( it was before) and the quality of games was supreme. Once the Crows went in, the quality dropped and when Port went in, it dropped to country league level. At that stage, I still went to games with my brother but the skill level...it made it a bit of a joke, to be honest.

I could watch AFL games where players where not only skilful but quick and in the SANFL, it was one, or the other. Then I watched teams treat our players in the S ANFL, like crap ( most didn't but when it happened you remembered) so it solidified my allegiance

Look, Murphy has hit his limit.

Couldn't agree more. Love his endeavor, but he's just too small, doesn't have quick top end speed, doesn't have polished finishing skills, and gets rag dolled regularly in one on one contests. He's a place-holder until one of the youngsters take his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back