Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll give you jumpers.

I

I'm no good at posting pics or videos from my tablet but I'll raise you a Starskey and hutch jacket, yes I fell victim to that fad too:D:D

Last edited:
I

I'm no good at posting pics or videos from my tablet but I'll raise you a Starkey and hutch jacket, yes I fell victim to that fad too:D:D
used to wear my 3/4 length sister's.........uni-sex.........

Robbo's my hero, who is that young high pitched muppet on the BBC Radio commentary during the tea break?

The bloke suggested that, if Smith didn't like players in his eyeline at mid-on (based on how he has the non-striker move 5 or so metres away from the pitch) he'd immediately plonk two fielders there as an attempt to throw off his rhythm. This sounds all very well and good, right up until you realise a) that he doesn't hit the ball in the air through mid on, not close, and balls that he hits through there generally go fairly straight, and b) he's suggesting that England try to stop Steve Smith with 7 fielders!!!!

I heard it, and I broke out laughing in my car on my way home from work.
Was it David Gower? Teddy Dexter was talking about this leg side field. Called up Atherton. Mikey Holding reckons they’ve all got rocks in their heads and should just bowl a consistent line out side off stump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it David Gower? Teddy Dexter was talking about this leg side field. Called up Atherton. Mikey Holding reckons they’ve all got rocks in their heads and should just bowl a consistent line out side off stump.
It was someone with Aggers, and they had an Australian lady in there as well. Might be the ABC coverage.

If we're talking Smith, Dhoni got him - not last tour, the one before, when they played in Melbourne - by bowling wide of off, starving him of runs for 40 or so balls whilst setting a field to deny him of runs on the leg side (including a leg second slip) before having someone of reasonable pace come around the wicket, bounce him to make it look like they're going for his body, then give him one off his hip that looks like the bowler has stuffed their length up and he goes to flick it through backward square or fine leg and made the mistake of misjudging it straight to the leg slip. Worked twice in two innings. Have absolutely no idea why no-one ever tried it again.

It was someone with Aggers, and they had an Australian lady in there as well. Might be the ABC coverage.

If we're talking Smith, Dhoni got him - not last tour, the one before, when they played in Melbourne - by bowling wide of off, starving him of runs for 40 or so balls whilst setting a field to deny him of runs on the leg side (including a leg second slip) before having someone of reasonable pace come around the wicket, bounce him to make it look like they're going for his body, then give him one off his hip that looks like the bowler has stuffed their length up and he goes to flick it through backward square or fine leg and made the mistake of misjudging it straight to the leg slip. Worked twice in two innings. Have absolutely no idea why no-one ever tried it again.
I’ve listened to the ABC commentary with Aggers and Co. So much better than the TV.

I’ve listened to the ABC commentary with Aggers and Co. So much better than the TV.
I generally prefer it too, but this young bloke said stupid things every time that he opened his mouth; thought they needed 'strong characters' in the English team, instead of 'people who can take wickets, hold catches, and/or make runs'. Bairstow and Roy are both 'strong' characters, and it doesn't seem to be helping them any.

It's the sort of thing I'd be chucking in an 'opposition supporters say the strangest things' thread if he was posting about footy. Mindboggling that he's paid for his commentary.

I generally prefer it too, but this young bloke said stupid things every time that he opened his mouth; thought they needed 'strong characters' in the English team, instead of 'people who can take wickets, hold catches, and/or make runs'. Bairstow and Roy are both 'strong' characters, and it doesn't seem to be helping them any.

It's the sort of thing I'd be chucking in an 'opposition supporters say the strangest things' thread if he was posting about footy. Mindboggling that he's paid for his commentary.
There’s a journo reporting for the ABC named Geoff Lemon. I’ve never heard of him before this series. He’s managed to upset a few people with his twitter comments. Prime suspect?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back