Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Richmond 10 to <30

Votes: 97 36.6%
  • Richmond by 30+

Votes: 41 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we do get to play most of our home games at our home ground. But I wish we got to play all of our home games at home like the Eagles do. Although given that our home ground is the most neutral in the AFL, it's no where near the advantage that some very lucky clubs like the Eagles get, gifting you an undeserved place in the finals.

Anyway, you better get back to whinging about how the AFL and the umpires aren't doing enough to win your games for you, given your club doesn't have the character to compete on a level playing field.

Reigning premiers.

Doing it more than once in the same season makes you a serial offender in my books.

Howe's was poor, as was Zorko's. Every single dive that takes place, both the blatant ones and the marginal ones, should be fined. That's the quickest way to stamp it out - penalize it every single time it happens. Grimes' last night was the worst there's been this year IMO.
Zorkos was worse, he got a slight push and stayed down like he’d broken his ribs. Good to see he also got a fine but interesting the commentators didn’t even mention it on the night.

Don't disagree that Hipwood didn't need to instigate it mate but he did, and then Grimes took a massive flop. Those are the facts. The fact that it was a premeditated dive and not an impulsive one makes it an even worse look too.

See the thing is, I clapped Grimes when he did it. Reason is simple, he is a defender, playing in a final, during a period where we getting hammered with inside 50's. His job is to defend and not concede goals. When Hipwood was dumb enough to go the faux tough guy route, Grimes as an experienced defender seized on the opportunity.

He did his job.

Zorko acted like he got sniped and stayed down, he also was trying to regain possession by diving. I dont think he or grimes gives a s**t what the media or others think in the media, there job is to win footy games. Now before you go all high horse, Howe consistently dives, your mids love to shove themselves forwards to get an "in the back"....Simpy diving is diving.

I will clarify the above though, its finals. I'n finals you need to take any edge you can. Shuey with the fake arm shrug for a head high that got eagles into the finals a couple of years ago, is an example. Smart footballers, in finals will always take advantage over dumb players. Now in the home and away, i hate it.

See the thing is, I clapped Grimes when he did it. Reason is simple, he is a defender, playing in a final, during a period where we getting hammered with inside 50's. His job is to defend and not concede goals. When Hipwood was dumb enough to go the faux tough guy route, Grimes as an experienced defender seized on the opportunity.

He did his job.

Zorko acted like he got sniped and stayed down, he also was trying to regain possession by diving. I dont think he or grimes gives a s**t what the media or others think in the media, there job is to win footy games. Now before you go all high horse, Howe consistently dives, your mids love to shove themselves forwards to get an "in the back"....Simpy diving is diving.

I will clarify the above though, its finals. I'n finals you need to take any edge you can. Shuey with the fake arm shrug for a head high that got eagles into the finals a couple of years ago, is an example. Smart footballers, in finals will always take advantage over dumb players. Now in the home and away, i hate it.
Not denying that Zorko's effort was embarrassing but I personally thought Grimes' was worse for the simple fact that the decision to flop was made and his knees were halfway to the grass before he was even touched. Which one was worse though is purely a matter of opinion and I'm not trying to change the mind of anyone who thinks otherwise.

Howe had a bad moment against the Crows a few weeks ago which I've already acknowledged but can't recall him doing it prior or doing it since - would happily admit fault if you could show me some vision though. Also I cringed when he did it and (I sure as hell didn't clap) and that wouldn't change whether it was a home and away game or a final. We're all wired differently though.

Yes. Richmond supporters, who were initially very magnanimous, should have acknowledged when challenged, that their 2017 premiership was the worst this century, that it was undeserved and that Adelaide completely outplayed them on the day. Yet us flogs refused to agree, making extremely arrogant and bad sporting statements like "I thought we played well and deserved to win". Outrageous!!
You deserve a heartfelt apology. No wonder you've never been able to get over it and were unable to celebrate your own clubs fantastic premiership victory because you were still so triggered at Richmond.
In your rush to be pissed off at me you may have missed the fact that i was complimenting your team.

That was great from Grimes. Saved a shot at goal and infuriated Lions supporters. What more do you want? Terrific stuff.

Would be horrible if Grimes personally paid the fine, I hope the Tigers board have passed around the tin.

That was great from Grimes. Saved a shot at goal and infuriated Lions supporters. What more do you want? Terrific stuff.

Would be horrible if Grimes personally paid the fine, I hope the Tigers board have passed around the tin.
This week all the Tiger supporters will be buying a bottle of Mount Macedon pinot noir and adding to his company profits. Gill can't touch that.

So when does Grimes get properly put on notice for his flopping? His dive last night was three times as bad as the one he took in round 2 against us. If you look at the replay you'll notice that he makes the decision that he's going to fall over as the Brisbane player is running in before he even touches him. Grimes is one of my favourite non-Collingwood players due to his no fuss, no fanfare way of consistently getting the job done but he's far too good and respected a footballer to be going down this path IMO.
smart play from Grimes, wasn't it? Hipwood so stupid in contrast, why would you come and make contact off the ball when your team has the shot for goal? Rocks in his head. Shouldn't have been a free kick imo, but if you choose to run 15m and make body contact, the risk is all on you. I have no sympathy for Hipwood in this case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did his job.

Spot on man, i always find the smarter players with minimum fuss are the ones that are very successful in finals. Shuey, Yeo, Atsbury, Grimes, Edwards, Hurn are all very clever footballers the difference between their best games and worst games is marginal. Hence they are all excellent finals players

Enjoy the win mate. Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched though.
We won the game didnt we? Enjoy your september off champ.
What many a pea brain doesn't understand is that we who suffered through 2 finals in 30 years are pretty bloody happy right now. We've made our 3rd prelim in a row. Anything else from there is gravy.

I was saying this teams a better team than 2017
Yes yes. Richmond's 2017 Grand Final was undeserved. Pity West Coasts stirring win last year ruined your narrative.
Anyway, I can't stay angry at the Eagles. Any club that has GF victory over Collingwood has done a great thing for humanity in my book.

I think you're implying we lost tonight because we were inexperienced in finals? It's pretty obvious we were up to the finals theatre through out intensity and ability to match Richmond around the ground.

Goal kicking has been a problem all year (in non-finals btw). I'm getting the sense it's because we like to play down the wing, and thus create tougher shots for ourselves. idk tho
Geez man you are incapable of letting the inexperience thing go aren't you?

Here's something for you, unlike melbournes reaction to last year's finals, most of us think you'll be even better next year for the experience.

Were any of us wrong at the time? Richmond's first quarter was sh*thouse and the Lions should have been up by another 3 or 4 goals at quarter time.
Just means you dont watch enough footy to have a clue about the end result and are too stupid not to open your mouth prematurely. Fair?

Geez man you are incapable of letting the inexperience thing go aren't you?

Here's something for you, unlike melbournes reaction to last year's finals, most of us think you'll be even better next year for the experience.
I agree. Experience makes you better. Doesnt mean you cant be better than the other team if you are less experienced. Hopefully you can understand now

Back