Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I loved how GWS fans were crying for Bont's blood, and acting like Bont's bump which was nothing more than a reckless, late bump/smother attempt, was a deliberate sniper attack. Then spent all the time leading up to the final encouraging their own players to deliberately cheap shot and target Bontempelli.

And since the game, some were applauding Greene's act and defending him.

Seems the culture of GWS's serial thugs flows through to the fans as well. Think a reckless late bump is dirty, but cheap, dirty, deliberate tactics isn't?
:rolleyes:

How many more times does Greene need to be suspended to learn? Could he be the first AFL player to cross the total weeks suspended threshold? If he wasn't a budding AFL player and just a regular joe, he probably would have got locked up for his previous discretions off field. That, kicking people in the face, punches off the ball, eye gouging. Guy has needs anger control management. If I had a daughter I wouldn't let her within 1000 miles of this bloke, snaps to easily and doesn't even think. Its a shame cause he is talented as they come at his best. But his career will be remembered for the wrong reasons. Don't know why Giant's fans defend him so easily. I'd be dirty on him if he played for my club. Guy needs therapy sessions not just a suspension.

Last edited:
I hope Bont gives the evidence that sinks Greene. Actions like Greene’s don’t deserve the protection of the player code.

Well if Bont doesn't give evidence that sinks Greene then I guess Greene will get let off and Bont will get a big fine

This isn’t the 70s or 80s.
This sort of stuff isn’t acceptable any more.
Even that studs up incident was just wrong. Protect his space BS: you make contact to the body to protect space, not the guy’s face.

Yeah, you need someone to rough the other guy up a little bit and get under their skin.
But Greene seems to enjoy it a little too much...

Anyway, he's been charged with the "totality" of misdemeanours, not just one thing.

So he has, missed that in the initial article.

To me this says the AFL are going after him for unnecessary contact to the face as eye gouging is specifically listed as direct to the tribunal in the 2019 guidelines.

I'm guessing hair pulling (misconduct), contact to the face (1 game) and they are probably throwing rough conduct in their too and just rolling it up into serious misconduct.

Honestly not sure why, feel they could classify each incident and end up at the same result the tribunal does.

Anyone defending Toby needs to watch from the angle in this video, and tell me he's not a genuine piece of scum. Same guy who had criminal charges for assault with a dangerous weapon and assault causing serious injury

I agree mate it was a dog act and should get plenty of time off. Just having a laugh re: Judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The eye gouge is the act of applying pressure on the eyes is it not?

He has a bruise below his eye. How do they prove that’s from Greene anyway?

The tribunal would want to have better footage than what we saw on 7 to prove he eye gouged.
Players often have black eyes from other battle incidents. Any proof this was by Green?

If Toby did actually eye gouge him than it is safe to say that “The Bont” should change his name to “The Cat”

If anyone went near my eyes in a gouging motion I’d have chased them down and absolutely started laying in to them.

Weak as piss Bont for getting up like nothing happened.

Toby Greene is not Chris Judd you wally, and if you keep resorting to posting the same crap over and over, you clearly have lost the argument.

There simply is not available evidence that has been presented so far publicly that should result in a suspension for Greene.

You have yet to proven conclusively that what Greene did constitutes 'serious/gross misconduct'.

You would be a worse lawyer than Lionel Hutz.
We don’t have to prove anything. The tribunal will do that :)

If Toby did actually eye gouge him than it is safe to say that “The Bont” should change his name to “The Cat”

If anyone went near my eyes in a gouging motion I’d have chased them down and absolutely started laying in to them.

Weak as piss Bont for getting up like nothing happened.
Yes in this situation Bontempelli is the one who is 'weak as piss' not the bloke who has jumped on top of him whilst he's defenceless on the ground, gone at his face and grabbed 2 fistfuls of his hair.

Is everyone ignoring the fact Bonts arms and hands were free the whole time Greene was roughing him up yet at no time did he try and grab Greene’s hands and stop him. Rather he’s just holding them out to the umpire, as if to say Ump look what happening, where is my free kick.

That says to me there was no gouging and at no stage did Bont feel seriously threatened he was in danger of injury. Reckon it’s a lot more of forceful pushing and rubbing down on the head than anything overly sinister. The hair pull at the end was probably the worst bit.

Might get one week for the totality of the incident but that would be it for me
Lol victim blaming now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back