Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone ignoring the fact Bonts arms and hands were free the whole time Greene was roughing him up yet at no time did he try and grab Greene’s hands and stop him. Rather he’s just holding them out to the umpire, as if to say Ump look what happening, where is my free kick.

That says to me there was no gouging and at no stage did Bont feel seriously threatened he was in danger of injury. Reckon it’s a lot more of forceful pushing and rubbing down on the head than anything overly sinister. The hair pull at the end was probably the worst bit.

Might get one week for the totality of the incident but that would be it for me
"Is everyone ignoring the fact that the girl could've just fought off her attacker and told him no.

That says to me that this was consensual"

See how stupid arguments like that are? He was at the bottom of a pack of people, it's pretty clear he doesn't have the ability to fight anyone off him when he's got multiple people jumping on him, plus the additional punches being thrown.

"Is everyone ignoring the fact that the girl could've just fought off her attacker and told him no.

See how stupid arguments like that are? He was at the bottom of a pack of people, it's pretty clear he doesn't have the ability to fight anyone off him when he's got multiple people jumping on him, plus the additional punches being thrown.
Wow

Definitely attacked the head which will see him miss. Not convinced it will be for gouging.
Dogs fans should ease up a touch and remember Libba senior, very similar players are him and Greene.

Definitely attacked the head which will see him miss. Not convinced it will be for gouging.
Dogs fans should ease up a touch and remember Libba senior, very similar players are him and Greene.
Libba copped his share at the tribunal and fair enough too. Probably would have copped a few more weeks if there’d been as much surveillance as there is now.

Loved Libba getting the most out of himself and legitimately taking great players out of the game. Hated the dodgy off the ball stuff.

Wow you took it there.
I won' say you went full rtard, but you at least went half rtard.

We all know Greene probably did it - but footage is inconclusive so he should get off, unless Bulldogs are extra salty and bury Greene with the medical report. I hope not, hate bitter teams that do that (West Coast has been shafted by teams breaking the code in the past).

I know I'm in the minority here (in 2019 at least) but I love the niggle, it's a part of finals so I hope TG gets off. Dealing with pests/enforcers is a part of finals footy - you need to fire back.

Wow you took it there.
I won' say you went full rtard, but you at least went half rtard.

We all know Greene probably did it - but footage is inconclusive so he should get off, unless Bulldogs are extra salty and bury Greene with the medical report. I hope not, hate bitter teams that do that (West Coast has been shafted by teams breaking the code in the past).

I know I'm in the minority here (in 2019 at least) but I love the niggle, it's a part of finals so I hope TG gets off. Dealing with pests/enforcers is a part of finals footy - you need to fire back.
People like you who suggest he should get off must be the same bogans who write those nuffy comments on the public AFL pages. If you love the niggle so much, you must be more than happy with the idea of Merrett having pulled Nic Nat's hair, yes? Also what if you guys face GWS in finals, and Toby Greene eye gouges Shuey, grabs him by the hair and slams his head into the ground, then Himmelberg comes along and punches him in the head. Just a fun bit of niggle, right?

People like you who suggest he should get off must be the same bogans who write those nuffy comments on the public AFL pages. If you love the niggle so much, you must be more than happy with the idea of Merrett having pulled Nic Nat's hair, yes? Also what if you guys face GWS in finals, and Toby Greene eye gouges Shuey, grabs him by the hair and slams his head into the ground, then Himmelberg comes along and punches him in the head. Just a fun bit of niggle, right?

I'm far from a bogan, but recognise that bogans probably love the niggle too so fair call.

I'm actually fine with the Merret hair pull, I more hate that so many think NicNat wasn't allowed to respond to it. Some ppl were disgusted with NicNat's response than with the instigator.

Your scenario wouldn't happen in the same way as we have more than enough players who know how to dish it straight back. If they wanted to bring that I would be genuinely interested to see how it goes down and how we respond.
Pesky nigglers pick their targets where they believe it will have an effect on their game, was probably coach directed.
Shuey's a sicko, would love the extra attention and probably fire him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone got vision of Grundys intentional strike Christian mysteriously graded as low impact and thus a fine only? Seems to have been lost as its not even on the AFL site and none of the networks have shown it.

I've been on the end of an eye gouge playing footy and it was genuinely one of the more frightening moments in my life. Luckily I wasn't injured. Credit to the opposition team - the next time I played against the gouger was gone at the behest of the club's leadership. Point being a player can be eye-gouged without a medical report being needed.

That being said, I don't know if the footage shows an eye-gouge. However if Bont says there was contact to the eyes, then that should be the end of it. Probably should still go for clutching at Bont's face even if there wasn't an eye gouge. It was an ugly look and has no place in the game.

I'm far from a bogan, but recognise that bogans probably love the niggle too so fair call.

I'm actually fine with the Merret hair pull, I more hate that so many think NicNat wasn't allowed to respond to it. Some ppl were disgusted with NicNat's response than with the instigator.

Your scenario wouldn't happen in the same way as we have more than enough players who know how to dish it straight back. If they wanted to bring that I would be genuinely interested to see how it goes down and how we respond.
Pesky nigglers pick their targets where they believe it will have an effect on their game, was probably coach directed.
Shuey's a sicko, would love the extra attention and probably fire him up.
I 100% agreed with Nic Nat's response and would have liked him to get off tbh. Pull hair, and players should have every right to retaliate. Merrett wasn't hurt, so no harm done.

I believe GWS took advantage of the fact that we basically fielded a side of kids on the weekend. It was basically a bunch of full grown men attacking a bunch of teenagers out there. Can't have any respect for that club tbh. I remember in the 3rd quarter (maybe early 4th), after Lewis Young had been towelling up Jeremy Cameron all game, before he got those junktime goals at the end, and Cameron tackled Young then got into his ear on the ground and was pinning him down. So you have a 26 year-old experienced player doing that kind of s**t to a 20 year-old who hasn't even managed 20 games, while he's losing to him.

In the case of Greene, there was a whole pack of GWS players sitting on Bont, and De Boer was even trying to keep on of the Dogs players away from helping Bont. That was an organised targeting, no matter what GWS say about it

| believe GWS took advantage of the fact that we basically fielded a side of kids on the weekend. It was basically a bunch of full grown men attacking a bunch of teenagers out there. Can't have any respect for that club tbh.
That was an organised targeting, no matter what GWS say about it

Yeah no doubt, and it worked. The youngsters will be better for it and will have learned a valuable lesson.
If I know Bevo he will have given them a spray about it and will steel them to handle it better next season.
No doubt it was organised from a coaching level - I doubt they actually instructed TG to eye gouge but targeting Bont was no doubt part of the plan.

The footage channel 7 showed does not look good for Greene. He clearly has is hand in a claw like position over the Bonts eyes. Then he grabs his hair by both hands pulls his head up and puts it back into the ground. Anyone who thinks this is tough or good for footy is very misguided IMO. Putting your head over the ball, going back with the flight of the ball, these are tough acts. What Greene did is the act of a dog....correction, that is very unfair on dogs....

Bulldogs fans really suffering after Saturday's reality check.
It's brutal being knocked out of finals without a win, been a whole 3 years since our last one :/

I suppose you would know better than anyone though, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back