AFL Club
Essendon

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Haha yep- think he might have spent 2 weeks in Germany then it still took time. But that was back in 2007-maybe the technology is improved!
Yes I mean how long did it take to get him back on the park, de gooey has less than 3 weeks. I think they’ll play him as a grand final makes people desperate however I also think he’ll most likely break down again.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes I mean how long did it take to get him back on the park, de gooey has less than 3 weeks. I think they’ll play him as a grand final makes people desperate however I also think he’ll most likely break down again.
Yep it took him a lot more than 3 weeks from memory. De Goey and rooke’s damage might be different levels of seriousness etc.
De Goey is up against it but worth a try -certainly improves the pie’s chances if he plays and we want these dynamic players in the finals.

Nebula1971

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
F1 McLaren
See this is the thing, if Pies were to make the GF with let’s say Richmond, I’d still prefer that the likes of Rance and De Goey took stage. Forget for a second that I support the Pies and obviously want De Goey on the park, but for all the neutrals out there, I’m sure they’d want to see Rance and De Goey doing their thing.

I hate to say this, but I believe the teams up against the Pies and Tigers in 2 weeks will be up to their eyeballs with dubious decisions against them. The AFL will do their best to get these 2 sides to play off in the GF.

It embarrasses me to say it, but that’s the reality of this corporation.

I wish for all the contenders to have a fair run with injuries and umpiring from here though.

Conca Cuddle

Team Captain
Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Truly hope he fixes the issue in time, but if not look to Prestiagiacomo and don't risk your team being 1 man down if you're not confident in it holding up

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
See this is the thing, if Pies were to make the GF with let’s say Richmond, I’d still prefer that the likes of Rance and De Goey took stage. Forget for a second that I support the Pies and obviously want De Goey on the park, but for all the neutrals out there, I’m sure they’d want to see Rance and De Goey doing their thing.

I hate to say this, but I believe the teams up against the Pies and Tigers in 2 weeks will be up to their eyeballs with dubious decisions against them. The AFL will do their best to get these 2 sides to play off in the GF.

It embarrasses me to say it, but that’s the reality of this corporation.

I wish for all the contenders to have a fair run with injuries and umpiring from here though.

Two seriously in-form and strong sides. It wouldn't be an unfair result at this point to see both in the GF. Richmond's late year fixtures have gifted them this chance, but now that they're there there's no doubting they're deserving of their finals spot.

GWS likely making up the numbers particularly if Greene goes on holiday. Brisbane will follow shortly thereafter.

The winner of the Eagles/Cats perhaps the only genuine chance at disturbing the 'dream' grand final at the moment.

eg: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/f4d995caacbf987efaa9553f5b8c6efa

There's no doubt the AFL will be rooting for that result. Media will certainly be swooning over it.

But on DeGoey, I wouldn't have thought there was anything in Germany that is that far beyond Australian doctors/facilities that would justify putting a guy on a plane ~ 30hrs each way with an injured hammy?

Silver lining, if they get knocked out he's ready to kickstart his offseason in the beer halls of Munich.

Back