Week 2 Finals Tips and Crowd Expectations

Two wonderful things, but my footy team are a bunch of wimps! The supporters even more so
Nah the whimps are the ones threatening to stop supporting the team over a QF loss

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Nah the whimps are the ones threatening to stop supporting the team over a QF loss
In my case several years...until they are rid of the new king of negativity Chris Scott! The past 12 weeks have been a disgrace, it's almost as if they're deliberalty sabotaging themselves? None of it makes sense, it's also very evident that the players are not enjoying their footy, Geelong are a boring, unimaginative, slow moving football team. Shocking to watch, lacking intensity and motivation. Barring some miracle, the Eagfles will have a field day doing some training drills on Friday night!

Last edited:
Normally I would predict the losing side from the top 4 to canter home in the semi final but it was a pretty tight ladder this year and Brissie might need another season to get the finals experience under their belt. GWS have got plenty of Finals experience by comparison.

GWS by 18 points
West Coast will go down in a thriller to Geelong. Cats by under a goal. I hope it falls the other way but WC just a bit too inconsistent this year.

Inferno

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2006
Tramland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
Cats by 16 - 49k
Lions by 8 - 31k

I reckon both us and the Lions will bounce back and then get smashed in the PF's.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Geelong by less than a goal (classic)
Brisbane by 35 (brisbane will have a burst quarter or two which will do the job)

The reverse wouldn't surprise though, very competitive games. Lions losing their last 3 after being top of the ladder in the penultimate round would feel cruel. A bit like the Demons in 2004 when they were top after Round 17 and lost their final 6 games. The Eagles situation just reminds me of 2012, in that we are very capable of winning the flag, but the gods will pull it a little out of grasp.
geelong will never play in a classic,theyve been worked out convincingly post bye....just dont bomb it in from 70 out and you weagles wil be fine

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
In my case several years...until they are rid the new king of negativity Chris Scott! The past 12 weeks have been a disgrace, it's almost as if they're deliberalty sabotaging themselves? None of it makes sense, it's also very evident that the players are not enjoying their footy, Geelong are a boring, unimaginative, slow moving football team. Shocking to watch, lacking intensity and motivation. Barring some miracle, the Eagfles will have a field day doing some training drills on Friday night!
it reminds me of the time when malthouse finally said f*** this about the decision to be a mentor to buckley and went about sabotaging collingwood from there on in...truly bizarre,but understandable none the less...you are dead right about scotts ridiculous demeanor and comments....hes long past lost the plot imo too
put it this way...if that was hardwick carrying on like that id want him removed....i personally believe its all too overwhelming for him...the expectation i mean..

Last edited:

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Normally I would predict the losing side from the top 4 to canter home in the semi final but it was a pretty tight ladder this year and Brissie might need another season to get the finals experience under their belt. GWS have got plenty of Finals experience by comparison.

GWS by 18 points
West Coast will go down in a thriller to Geelong. Cats by under a goal. I hope it falls the other way but WC just a bit too inconsistent this year.
and Geelong have been last 11 games?
WCE 8-3
GEEL 5-6

Last edited:

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
They only went down by 10 points vs Collingwood and pretty much stank for a big chunk of the game + some bizarro selection table blunders (IMO)

They will play much better this Friday and remember to bring a ruckman or two.

Have a feeling it'll be very close. I think I'll count it as a win if we're thereabouts at half time.

Anyone tipping Geelong or GWS has rocks in their head.

Both games will be well and truly over 10mins into the 1st Q. Will be a boring weekend.

Noooooooooooooooo

The Richmond board has already arranged for Otto to come and ring his bell again, don't let is down :( it won't be the same with you!!

Back