Crows Culture - good/bad/on par?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roo is purely a board member, Fagan is ultimately responsible for what employees he has he can consult the board of 9 directors who all have an equal say

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well by your logic we should be blaming the AFL for our culture as you constantly state that they appoint 7 of the 9 board members.
Is Gill responsible for our good or bad culture?

Well by your logic we should be blaming the AFL for our culture as you constantly state that they appoint 7 of the 9 board members.
Is Gill responsible for our good or bad culture?
Do they appoint 7 of the 9?

People want to blame roo and Chapman so the afl will just appoint a couple more numpties won't they

Last edited:
Because culture is very different to many people. Everyone has their own point of view on how culture is applied to them.

Some stay at the club because they have no other option. They just want to be on an AFL list. No other club will have them.

Some stay as they are actually happy with their role in the club and get along with the leaders. They have bought into that leadership style.

Some stay as they are very introverted and do not want to rock the boat.

Where some, not all leave as they are not happy with the leadership or their work environment they find themselves in.

One size doesn’t fit all. So you can not just say why doesn’t everyone just leave.
I was referring to culture as a club issue. You’re talking reasons for individual players leaving or staying, and not solely an issue of good/bad culture (eg. financial, family reasons).

I was referring to culture as a club issue. You’re talking reasons for individual players leaving or staying, and not solely an issue of good/bad culture (eg. financial, family reasons).

They are club cultural reasons.

They are club cultural reasons.
They can be same or different. It’s comparable to an employee and a culture at a workplace.

An employee may want to work forever at location X due to good money and good staff and working environment (culture). Or an employee may want to leave due to bad work culture (eg. work bullies, overdemanding manager, poor pay etc) or for other reasons (eg. family reasons, found a new job with better pay, found a job closer to home or nearer to a child’s school for pickup convenience etc).

They can be same or different. It’s comparable to an employee and a culture at a workplace.

An employee may want to work forever at location X due to good money and good staff and working environment (culture). Or an employee may want to leave due to bad work culture (eg. work bullies, overdemanding manager, poor pay etc) or for other reasons (eg. family reasons, found a new job with better pay, found a job closer to home or nearer to a child’s school for pickup convenience etc).
You would think it's fair to say an AFL player has between 10 and 15 years in the game although keath and Greenwood have much less

Most would take advantage of the financial position as much as they could

Culture and loyalty is reserved for grass roots footy

You would think it's fair to say an AFL player has between 10 and 15 years in the game although keath and Greenwood have much less

Sloane staying was a big one. Easily could have gone back for “family reasons” and likely to have been offered more money by the lower rank teams. Tells me our culture isn’t as disastrous as what some media or fans are portraying. Unless Sloane is playing completely out of loyalty.

Sloane staying was a big one. Easily could have gone back for “family reasons” and likely to have been offered more money by the lower rank teams. Tells me our culture isn’t as disastrous as what some media or fans are portraying. Unless Sloane is playing completely out of loyalty.
And his 5 year contract

Geelong disagrees with this

Felt like he wasn’t best 22
Didn’t believe he could play his best footy
Wasn’t happy in Adelaide

Sounds like he wasn’t being filled with any sort of confidence from his line coaches. Disappointing as he would be a massive advantage to us now.

"I'm not happy here and there's nothing you can do to make me stay"

Sounds like $ to me. If there's an issue, you say what it is and work towards getting it changed

Did CC lever bock Davis

That amount would never ever leave a grass roots club as it's more about loyalty than money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish - I've seen heaps of players leave 'grass roots' clubs to go to another club because of $

SANFL yes maybe its semi professional, but its pretty damn clear unless someone is moving for work its extremly rare for a player say to move from the morphett Vale Emus to the reynella wineflies, infact almost non existent

WE talk of footy culture that is where the culture originates from where 99% of all people playing football come from grass roots not the SANFL or AFL that is a very small minority of the sport of football

That's why there is a football culture for people who play the sport as a past time, and a professional culture for those that play the sport for an income

When Sam Jacobs will be interesting to see if he heads home to Ardrossan and if he does if he plays for the Kangaroos for the fun of it and doesnt pull out come finals as he is doing it for enjoyment

Need a bit of this stuff.

That wasn’t my question, though.

People often describe it as a bad culture, but it’s a culture that provided a premiership.

If a “bad” culture can deliver what the game is all about, then you really have to question how nebulous the concept of “culture” is in a football sense.

I said in that other thread that acquiring and retaining talent (players, coaches, managers, recruiters, administrators) is what wins premierships. “Culture” is an absolutely meaningless nebulous construct unless the word “winning” comes before it.

This game is about winning premierships. Literally nothing else matters. Nothing.

I’ve got a feeling at the corporate level of AFC this is not the primary goal.
Is it good entertainment probably is. 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back