2nds 2019 Finals – SF v Poor Little SA Richmond (Preview/Gameday/Review)

Remove this Banner Ad

Frampton has been pretty average the last two weeks, it is reminding me a bit of Brett Eddy in 2017. Makes me think he might be leaving the club.
Getting those vibes as well. Two weeks ago I would have been ropable but with two below average games - although with some brilliant moments - and the possibility of getting rubbed out for the gf, I’m getting over it. Could already been told he won’t get a contract extension! A bit sad really!

Frampton and Johnson will be suspended. I don't know why anyone would believe otherwise. Do you forget who we are dealing with?
If it is graded as intentional, then there is no where to go, but a 1 week suspension. Looked intentional on the replay I finally saw. If it was clumsy and careless, he would end up with a fine as its low impact hit. Johnson I have to find the incident and watch it.

Last edited:

If it is graded intentional the there is no where to go but a 1 week suspension. Looked intentional on the replay I finally saw. If it was clumsy and careless hew would end up with a fine as its low impact hit. Johnson I have to find the incident and watch it.

View attachment 743168
When was the Frampton incident? Just watching the replay now.

On paper they may not be as good as the 14 and 17 sides but definitely look hungrier and that it would mean a lot to them to win.

I felt like Glenelg brought a fair bit of heat but we were definitely up for the fight.

The 2014 and 2017 GF's we started poorly in both as we probably weren't up for the fight from the get go so we would have to come out firing this time around.

2017 should've definitely been a victory but having your Ken Farmer medalist do literally nothing but make mistakes was the key difference.

2014 I think we conceded the first 5 goals
2017 we lost Monfries and Krakouer with injuries, managed to kick only 3 goals till 3/4 time and off course Brett Eddy played the worst game you could ever wish for.

If it is graded as intentional, then there is no where to go, but a 1 week suspension. Looked intentional on the replay I finally saw. If it was clumsy and careless, he would end up with a fine as its low impact hit. Johnson I have to find the incident and watch it.

View attachment 743168

Johnson's looked a bit like a Scott Salisbury special to me - went the swinging arm at the upper body/shoulder, slipped high and caught Curran around the neck but no damage done, low impact for mine. So he should get off with a fine. He just came back from a suspension, will that affect the verdict?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson's looked a bit like a Scott Salisbury special to me - went the swinging arm at the upper body/shoulder, slipped high and caught Curran around the neck but no damage done, low impact for mine. So he should get off with a fine. He just came back from a suspension, will that affect the verdict?
Shouldn't, as these things are formula driven. However there is a discretion the AFL MRO/Tribunal process to refer it straight to the tribunal. From page 7 of the AFL's 2019 Tribunal Guidelines book.

3 / REPORTABLE OFFENCES
3.1 CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES

(F) IMPACT OF A BAD RECORD ON CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES
The sanction for Classifiable Offences will not be automatically increased where
a Player has a bad record. However, the MRO has the discretion to directly refer
the Player to the Tribunal in their absolute discretion under Regulation 15.12(i)(vi),
which includes as a result of a bad record at AFL or State League level. Evidence in
relation to the record of a Player can be tendered to the AFL Tribunal without the
leave of the Chairman when the charge is directly referred to the Tribunal.

Billy needs this to be classified as careless instead of intentional, to get off with just a fine.

Shouldn't, as these things are formula driven. However there is a discretion the AFL MRO/Tribunal process to refer it straight to the tribunal. From page 7 of the AFL's 2019 Tribunal Guidelines book.

3 / REPORTABLE OFFENCES
3.1 CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES

(F) IMPACT OF A BAD RECORD ON CLASSIFIABLE OFFENCES
The sanction for Classifiable Offences will not be automatically increased where
a Player has a bad record. However, the MRO has the discretion to directly refer
the Player to the Tribunal in their absolute discretion under Regulation 15.12(i)(vi),
which includes as a result of a bad record at AFL or State League level. Evidence in
relation to the record of a Player can be tendered to the AFL Tribunal without the
leave of the Chairman when the charge is directly referred to the Tribunal.

Billy needs this to be classified as careless instead of intentional, to get off with just a fine.

Ross Gibbs will probably ring the sanfl tribunal chairman claiming to be the Glenelg Football Club (he always thought he was anyway) and state that Peter Curran was concussed by the nefarious illegal activity of scum pond life Port footballers. This phone call will be taken on face value by the sanfl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back