Opinion Should Geelong v West Coast be played at GMHBA Stadium next week?

Should the Gee v WCE final be played at GMHBA Stadium?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why we are favourites. Cannot recall the last time we were favourites for an away final. People already writing off Geelong, the side that finished minor premiers just two weeks ago.

And only lost by 10 points in reality v the pies. What’s the talk over there? Many coming over?

The Semi Final is really the half pregnant finals week...

If you’re a West Coast fan and you have a choice of weeks 2 (say 50/50 this week) and potentially 3 and 4 it’s probably the game that’s going to be struck off the list

Of course they could 3 games in Melbourne and just as likely only one.

Knowing that they’ll need to win b2b2b finals across the country it’s a difficult contract for travelling West Coast fans...

I guess it was status quo for West Coast fans in 1990-94

Ticket sales very slow, are Cats fans boycotting? They haven't bothered putting level 4 on sale and pretty much every level 1, 2 and 3 section is still available, lots of them right near the front too.

Friday night games always get fewer than normal Cats fans, Geelong based fans often won't get home till after midnight so it's pretty difficult if you have young kids, are elderly etc.

Not to mention it's difficult to travel in peak hour after work from Geelong to Melbourne (and vice versa when we play down there on a Fri night), the tickets aren't cheap and most fans are feeling pretty gloomy about our chances after last weekend.

Geelong should play all home games up to and including the Semi Final at Kardinia Park.
I don't care if it's a Geelong vs Richmond/Collingwood qualifying final.

As I will always say
Finals - Biggest stadium in
Week 1: Home Stadium
Week 2: Home City
Week 3: Home State
Week 4: Country

Adelaide Oval: Adelaide and Port Adelaide weeks 1-3
Perth Stadium: Fremantle and West Coast weeks 1-3
Gabba: Brisbane weeks 1-3, Gold Coast week 3
Carrara: Gold Coast weeks 1-2
SCG: Sydney weeks 1-3, GWS weeks 2-3
Showgrounds: GWS week 1
Kardinia: Geelong weeks 1-2
Marvel: North Melbourne, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs, Essendon week 1
MCG: Carlton*, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Richmond and Melbourne weeks 1-3, Essendon, North Melbourne, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs weeks 2-3, Geelong week 3 Then the grand final.

*If there has to be 1 match to be moved to Marvel due to scheduling clashes. Carlton will whenever possible be the first team to be shifted as both grounds split as their home ground.

Did you give them any cents during 2007-2011 when your home finals were at the G?
Yep, (actually no, I got tickets through someone that worked at the club) but that's irrelevant. If GWS, Brisbane, etc get a home final and we don't I'm not giving those money hungry grubs any more money until they move ahead with their promise of a fair and equitable league.

Friday night games always get fewer than normal Cats fans, Geelong based fans often won't get home till after midnight so it's pretty difficult if you have young kids, are elderly etc.

Not to mention it's difficult to travel in peak hour after work from Geelong to Melbourne (and vice versa when we play down there on a Fri night), the tickets aren't cheap and most fans are feeling pretty gloomy about our chances after last weekend.

At least your night games are actually at night.

The AFL cares so much about Perth based fans they schedule finals at 6.10pm on a Thursday.

I've been to a single game in Geelong in my lifetime that was on at 7.40pm (on a Saturday, no peak hour). Wasn't difficult to drive down for, but can imagine getting the train less convenient at 11ish pm.

Well, should it?

The Cats have hosted a final against Fremantle at the same ground in the past FYI.
Why not at West Coast, they won their match.

Wasn't difficult to drive down for, but can imagine getting the train less convenient at 11ish pm.
I'm not sure about less convenient. The last train home for me friday was 11:02 and I made it by seconds. :moustache:

More like ridiculous.

I must admit Friday night is a s**t timeslot for fans of both clubs, Cats fans trying to get off work in time to get up to Melbourne and Eagles fans travelling, especially since if the Eagles win there's another (bigger) MCG game the next week.

So it's just you jumping off the bandwagon then.
You can interpret it anyway you like. I think we'll win this week. In fact I'm loading up on it.

They're not getting any more of my money it's that simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit Friday night is a s**t timeslot for fans of both clubs, Cats fans trying to get off work in time to get up to Melbourne and Eagles fans travelling, especially since if the Eagles win there's another (bigger) MCG game the next week.

Inconveniencing traveling fans when we have a pathway of 3 away wins in a row in order to be premiers shouldn't be a huge concern.

If we played Saturday afternoon/twilight/night then fans could go over on the Friday and back whenever but the team would have to fly back to Perth getting in on the Saturday night or Sunday morning. Playing on Friday means we should be able to fly back straight after the game and be in Perth for Saturday morning recovery. Or should we lose just stay and get on the tins coz there ain't no next week.

Geelong supporters can't whine about not getting a home final and then turn up to the game.

Make a stand and don't give the AFL money.

I agree with this. Stay home cats.
If you think a mere 15,000 Eagles fans yelling boo every 2 seconds will make a difference to the result you're kidding yourself.

Back