Teams Seattle Seahawks - The 12th Man

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Cautiously optimistic going into these games - really want to see the draft class in action. Was last this excited about our draft group when one R Wilson was picked. Back up QB will be interesting

Highlights.

I only watched the highlights so I don't want to comment too much. All I will say is that Paxton Lynch looked a lot better than Geno Smith and I would feel more comfortable with him as backup if Russ goes down.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Lynch has to be the backup. I expect Russ will get time the next two games but I can't see Smith coming back and proving he is the number 2.

Overall a solid performance - there is some talent but penalties still an issue. Will be good too see who emerges from the 4 games - cut will be hard

Jazz Ferguson and Paxton the standouts from the game.
Loved the aggression from Marquise Blair, with that personal foul on him and review for ejection call total baloney.

Geno was inches away from having a great game with DK almost hauling in those two bombs.

Although I loved the rags to riches story of David Moore, the emergence of Ferguson in that game may mean Moore's place on the 53 man roster is in trouble.
Ferguson and DK two big bodied WRs, no need for a 3rd in Moore.
Plus Moore didnt have a great game, missed the block and got called for holding penalty which took away DK's catch for a first down.

Also thought Shaquill had a decent game .

Geno having some minor surgery on his knee, so it will likely be Russ and Paxton sharing duties in the next game.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Happy with Clowney....just please stay healthy!

All quarterbacks cut.....would love to known who the signing is to back up Russ

Happy with Clowney....just please stay healthy!

All quarterbacks cut.....would love to known who the signing is to back up Russ
There will still be a bit of movement - the 53 hasn’t updated to include Clowney/lose Mingo and Martin. I suspect Schneider had a convo with Geno saying don’t leave town, fully aware of the black magic he was about to pull off

Not too surprised at most of the cuts.
Was hoping Jazz could make it into the 53.
At least he is confirmed to be signed to the practice squad.

Have loved the off-season work by JS.
Shows the team mentality is 100% in a win-now position.

Bringing in Clowney for a packet of crisps, and a suddenly healthy ziggy makes the D look monstrous.
Both sides of the ball looking great.

Biggest weakness I can see is the secondary. Griff and Flowers need to step up this year.
Really looking forward to watching the development of the young WRs we have.

Got very lucky today - trouble with the O line looks to continue. Russ sacked 4 times is terrible.

Very happy with Metcalf. Clowney will be a good pick up.
Yep.

Pity Miami have turnstiles given the reports.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I expected a tough game but that just shows us our O Line hasn't improved much at all. Still annoyed how many yards Dalton was able to throw.

We are going to struggle in the next 2 if today was an indication

Same s**t different season.

Piss poor O-Line causing Russell to take sacks.

Defence generally holding up well and keeping us in it but then giving up the 1st down on 3rd and long or a big play down the field.

Penalties a problem as usual. That defensive PI on Flowers was an absolute joke.

Watching T2 flap at air on that Bengals TD shows he isn't the answer to the ET-sized hole at FS.
Still got the W, and a game like this should be more beneficial than the flogging that many expected.
Hopefully we see an end to the T2 experiment, and I fully expect to see Lano Hill at SS and McDougald switched to FS for the Steelers game, with Blair getting a few reps as well.

Of concern is the injury to Poona at the end of the game.
Solari gotta look at fixing the issues with Britt and Ifedi which caused Bengals DL to look so godly.

A win in Sept and Oct is worth double for the fact that the Seahawks always start slow.

Hope to see some more DK big plays, and a few snaps for Ursua against the Steelers.

Defence generally holding up well and keeping us in it but then giving up the 1st down on 3rd and long or a big play down the field.

Penalties a problem as usual. That defensive PI on Flowers was an absolute joke.

Defence was ok, nothing special.
Jefferson was a beast, helped out by Clowney and Poona pressure, but the secondary had an awful game.
Only positive was Shaq Griffin stepping up and having a better game than any last season from what I can remember.
Flowers still not looking comfortable at CB, and T2 is not an NFL caliber player. Makes too many mistakes, and misses plays that should be taken.
He was there for the pick at the end of the second quarter, but misjudged the carry and flapped at thin air.
Even if he plays it safe and just tackles, everyone would have been ok with that as time would have run out for the half.
Inexcusable and terrible decision making.
Even PC was critical of it in his post match press conference, and he is usually quite reserved on calling players out. Fully expect T2 not to be starting this weekend.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder

Not much has changed from last season.

Jefferson and Metcalf had good days out.

And I like how Myers can kick. Nice change from the sea bass shocking misses.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Wasn't expecting a win, just another close performance. I'll take it!

Nice bit of luck with Big Ben going out, can't see us winning with him playing all game. Wilson was huge with his pin-point throws (131 QB rating) Loved the throw to Metcalf. Doug Baldwin replacement for clutch plays in the 4th?

Would love to go 3-0 with a win over the Saints now. Haven't seen how bad Drew Brees injury is yet.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Wasn't expecting a win, just another close performance. I'll take it!

Nice bit of luck with Big Ben going out, can't see us winning with him playing all game. Wilson was huge with his pin-point throws (131 QB rating) Loved the throw to Metcalf. Doug Baldwin replacement for clutch plays in the 4th?

Would love to go 3-0 with a win over the Saints now. Haven't seen how bad Drew Brees injury is yet.
I thought we were the better team - they got a bit lucky getting close with that last fumble turnover.

We had twice as many penalties and the home ground bias kicked in.

We will be a good chance next week with Brees looking likely to miss. 3-0 would be massive - especially as we are in one of the strongest divisions in NFL.

I thought we were the better team - they got a bit lucky getting close with that last fumble turnover.

We had twice as many penalties and the home ground bias kicked in.

We will be a good chance next week with Brees looking likely to miss. 3-0 would be massive - especially as we are in one of the strongest divisions in NFL.

Scoreboard doesn't do it justice, but we controlled that game throughout.
Take away the two fumbles, especially Carson's fumble towards the end of the 4th quarter, and it would have been a pretty dominate win.

Great to see Russ finally getting some freedom to pass again.
29/35, 3 TD and no INTs, and two big scrambles on the last drive to ice the game. Thats why he gets 35 mil a year.

Solari has to do something with this OL.
Ifedi is still a massive weakness and the Steelers were targeting his side all game.
Fluker also didnt have the best of games. Duane Brown and Pocic both solid.
1st half was awful, but it was good to see they tightened up the protection on Russ in the 2nd half.

Our pass rush was almost non-existent, but given that both Poona and Ziggy should see some field time next week, I am not too concern.
However, was nice to see good improvement in the secondary over last week. Hill and McDougald looks a much better safety combo than T2.
I am yet to be convinced that forcing a 3 LB defence can hold up in the long run, and reckon Jamar Taylor did a decent job at nickel.

Hopefully can be 3-0 next week with Brees looking doubtful.

Should they trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick?

Am sure PC and JS are looking at it, but reckon its unlikely to happen.
Would be a great pickup if so though.
We got multiple draft picks to trade.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
Interesting Saints are flying straight to Seattle and spending the week there.

Hopefully it works as well as it did when the Cats flew a week early to Freo!!
can't imagine what they are going to spend their week doing. They'll need to take a few field trips to the mountains or out on the Sound as watching guys fling salmon and drinking coffee will only go so far:)
oh wait, I forgot pot got legalized there after I left home. A few days sipping micro-brews and hitting the pipes...:thumbsu:

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
2-0 with two close wins - will take it. So many things to improve. The division is going to be tough with the 9ers starting very strong.

Have to win Sat home against a team without Brees but this is the type of game we are likely to lose

Back