"Eagles roll out"
20190909_115042.jpg

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Why wouldn't we? I mean sailors spend 6 months at sea at a time, arctic expeditions go for months at a time, boarding school kids do 10 week stretches. Surely an AFL football team is identically analogous to the aforementioned situations.
3 1/2 hours on a plane aint no big deal this time of the season . Good for the 14 Fathers to have a little break from kids but not too long . Staying as a group in Melbourne too long you end up hating each other so no to an extended stay over .

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
3 1/2 hours on a plane aint no big deal this time of the season . Good for the 14 Fathers to have a little break from kids but not too long . Staying as a group in Melbourne too long you end up hating each other so no to an extended stay over .
Firstly liked by HT, now quoted and rebuked by Boondy.
I think my sarcasm font is broke.:)

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
As much as I think that setting up a base in Melbourne makes sense, there isn't any point in messing with established travel routines at this point

If they are happy enough travelling back and forth from Perth over the next 3 weeks, let them be

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
All this bullshit about the crusades and people going to sea and war etc.

I get that its probably mostly a joke. But way to lump everyone in the same boat in terms of how they feel/react to being away.

I've got a mate that'd jump at the chance to be away from his wife and kids for a few weeks. Would love the freedom. Me - I'd be done after 5-6 days. Much rather be at home reading bedtime stories and cooking dinner.

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
All this bulls**t about the crusades and people going to sea and war etc.

I get that its probably mostly a joke. But way to lump everyone in the same boat in terms of how they feel/react to being away.

I've got a mate that'd jump at the chance to be away from his wife and kids for a few weeks. Would love the freedom. Me - I'd be done after 5-6 days. Much rather be at home reading bedtime stories and cooking dinner.
This "mate" you speak of.........it's you isn't it?

Back