Preview Second Semi-Final - Brisbane v GWS Giants, Saturday 14th September, Gabba, 7.25pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Any suggestion of eye gouging absolutely ruled out by absolutely everyone involved.

I also find that quite interesting.

Will Mark Stevens apologise?

Should Toby sue for defamation?

He has, after all, been unfairly and incorrectly labeled an eye gouger by a senior reporter on a national news network.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Toby's good. So, just a question of who replaces Lids. Presuming there's no other hidden injuries. Bobby Hill could provide x-factor. Tommo would be closer to similar-type replacement.

Should be Tommo, he has the experience and can cover other positions. He’s taken his hit, copped it and was the ultimate team man, he’s earned the right to play imho.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Great to see that Greene is free to play and hopefully he can have as much impact on the scoreboard
The lions will be hurt after the tigers loss and at home they will provide another challenge and it will be interesting to see how they react and how much they took out of a 1st final for most at the club
Sad news for Deledio and a sad way for his career to likely finish and good luck to whatever he moves into post football

My team for the week with Tomlinson coming in for Deledio

Shaw Davis Haynes
Williams Corr Kennedy
Whitfield MDB Kelly
Greene Cameron Daniels
Lloyd HH TOJ
Mumford Hopper Taranto
Tomlinson Reid Perryman Taylor

Keefe Cumming Hill Simpson the emergencies

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I think one thing that has strengthened the team up is having Corr back in the side enables LC to have 4 tall defenders giving him options for match ups and having Davis/Haynes play an intercept role

dlanod which end of the Gabba would the GWS cheersquad end be for this weekend's game?
Wellington Rd end? I average one game every two years up there so I'm not particularly confident.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
GWS where terrific in there intensity to compete with the Bulldogs.

Like Paul Roos suggested on "On the Couch" tonight, its fine to be brutal, ruthless and tough but there is no need to get nasty.

Not saying Toby deserved to be suspended but really there is a line and stepping over the line if anything is embarrassing and weak.

So if the Giants can quell the nastiness, cheap shots etc.. but still be tough, intense, brutal, and ruthless including the defensive side they can only get stronger and get more confidence and belief from their terrific efforts!!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Whoa whoa whoa there are kids reading this.

unnamed-24.gif

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I think tommo for lids at this stage as well.

One big advantage we have is finals experience. I expect us to select a team to further exploit that advantage rather than even it up with hill

They have more than half their team playing their first final last week and it showed..... they were starstruck and stuttered in front of goal when it mattered.

Sime11

Team Captain
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Great to see we now have such a short injury list.

Will be even better if we can get through to next week and see Coniglio listed as "Test".

Obviously we have a game this week so that is the focus - but if we were to get through the lions and cogs comes back next week - the team and us fans would be mega amped !!!

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Obviously we have a game this week so that is the focus - but if we were to get through the lions and cogs comes back next week - the team and us fans would be mega amped !!!
with a strong team on the park and good recent form, we can beat Brisbane. Need to stop neale, who deboer will be very familiar with from their Fremantle days.

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
I just think we're in far better shape, and far better form, heading into this semi-final against Brisbane than last year's against Collingwood.
Agree.

The Gold Coast match up in Rd 23 was perfect as it turned out. NM in 1994 I remember had a similar last 5 or so weeks to GWS this year. Right out of form then beat up on a weak Fitzroy to build confidence and then won last game well to hit the finals back in form.

And the healthy injury list would only be adding to the confidence levels around the club at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back