Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

17 report, total 6 games suspended. At least we now know an eye gouge in the AFL will face a nasty fine, probably 2 or 3 days earnings to Toby Greene. Let that be a lesson to him.

Again the AFL protects its GWS love child club ... pathetic
You have to show remorse and then all is ok!

Nope. Davis/Ward are. But nobody else here sticking to facts, so why not ... go ahead and run with Greene as captain.
My bad. When they played Collingwood earlier this year I could have sworn they'd said something about him being captain?

original.gif

What he did on the security guard off field, while a dog act that cannot be condoned, happened a long time ago and has or should have no bearing on the outcome on his visits to the footy tribunal, such as this one.

Also it has to be said, he cops plenty of rough treatment from his opponents most weeks.
Not suggesting that the security guard assault should have any bearing on this latest incident. Just incredulous that he keeps getting let off serious/unsavoury actions/assaults which he has instigated.

Ben Stratton suspended for two matches for pinching and stepping on a blokes foot.

The fact that no real punishment gets fished out to this tosser (who looks up to check if the ump can see before another few seconds of scratching and hair pulling of a guy on the ground who can’t defend himself) is a disgrace.

Before you ask yes, I think Stratton’s punishment was more than fair. Greene does not deserve to play the next game.

There is Merrets hair pull, there are bumps and reactions which are later sincerely regretted. This was opportunistic sniping - he doesn’t regret a goddamn thing - and it should merit a proper punishment.

Bont and the Bulldogs medical staff have sure played nice. In sharp contrast to Phil Davis throwing Jack Redpath under the bus for a love tap and the Giants medical staff trying to throw Bont under the bus 2 weeks ago.

He's a lucky boy is Tobes. Not for the first time.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can you post up a shot of the medical report, curious to know what you must know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The images posted of a freeze frame of the incident don't do the incident justice. The images are deliberate in trying to make more out of it by pausing where his fingers pass the eyes. Taking out the hyperbole it's not that horrendous (I'd probably think differently if it was against my team but difficult to stay balanced when it is). Probably deserved a week but got a fine. Greene is stupid enough to test the line again on Saturday rather than learn from it and thank his lucky stars he didn't get a week.

I'd much rather him play anyway. Adds something to a game when your own team isn't involved. Would be watching regardless but nice to add a bit more spice to it. The first week of finals were a let down due to dominated games so selfishly I'm ok with the decision. Fun to shout at the screen when he does something a bit s**t.

Been reported as very favourable to Greene and was critical to him avoiding suspension.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reported by who ?

Because really it is either that the integrity of the Bulldogs medical team is in question or that the report was favourable as Bont genuinely had no ill effects from the incident which shows there was nothing in it. Zimmerman has always struck me as a straight down the line kind of guy. Think the days of trying to help opposition players get off are done and that medical professionals just tell it like they see it. Interpreting those reports is where potentially you could make it favourable or not which just smacks of conspiracy stuff to suit the narrative.

Geezus.

Can't believe he didn't cop anything for this.

Is it common for things to be referred straight to tribunal and only get a fine?
It's common when its Toby Greene - 2 from 2.

I thought he deserved at least a week, regardless of the eye gouging or not, but am not shocked the AFL only handed out a fine. I do think Stratton should consider himself stiff in comparison though.

Perhaps not, but didn’t he plead guilty to it?

He pleaded guilty to his overall charge or misconduct, not specifically eye-gouging.

There doesn’t seem to be any medical report or reference to gouging in his overall misconduct charge.

Bulldogs fans probably need to lay off referring to it as gouging as it’s just factually incorrect and petulant.

Right outcome, stop your sooking. Even with Stevo tearfully calling for capital punishment in his supposed role as a football journo, the "evidence" was that there was no eye-gouging. Bont didn't react, either.
He pleaded guilty to his overall charge or misconduct, not specifically eye-gouging.

There doesn’t seem to be any medical report or reference to gouging in his overall misconduct charge.

Bulldogs fans probably need to lay off referring to it as gouging as it’s just factually incorrect and petulant.
+1

If Greene had eye gouged, can you imagine Bont's response what it would have possibly have been.

Probably similar to the way NicNat reacted.

There is no way, Bont or his surrounding team mates would have not laid into Greene at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back