Play Nice Toby Greene

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe he should have just put someone in a choke hold and body slammed them into a fence - that’s only $1,000 apparently.

Hair pulling for an Essendon player = $1,000

The “prosecution” didn’t even call for a suspension. He did add a few extra K on because he was guilty of being Toby Greene but I’m yet to see any footage that shows any eye gouging.

For what it’s worth - to me eye gouging should be minimum 12 weeks.

But it wasn’t eye gauging and some people just need to get over themselves and stop overreacting any time the name Toby Greene is mentioned.

Just because you say it wasn't eye gouging and the tribunal didn't have the evidence doesn't mean it wasn't.

Ever hear of OJ Simpson?

Just because you say it wasn't eye gouging and the tribunal didn't have the evidence doesn't mean it wasn't.

Ever hear of OJ Simpson?

Denied by absolutely everybody involved.

Absolutely no suggestion of eye gouging by anyone. The tribunal made that explicitly clear.

None.

Just because you say it happened doesn’t mean it did.

There was NO eye gouge. There was a fair bit of other stuff, for which he’s been punished, but no gouging.

It's like the league just simply doesn't care about showing us it doesn't care about having any integrity.

I thought he would be lucky if he only got 2 weeks!
Well the AFL has officially ruined junior footy for ever.
Any wonder our 3rds have had 7 broken bones in 14 days! This game is a rabble, Umpires not protecting anyone anymore.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Denied by absolutely everybody involved.

Absolutely no suggestion of eye gouging by anyone. The tribunal made that explicitly clear.

None.

Just because you say it happened doesn’t mean it did.

There was NO eye gouge. There was a fair bit of other stuff, for which he’s been punished, but no gouging.

Did not say it happened, but so far I'm not convinced it didn't based on the vision.

I do know that Toby better get a real short haircut before we play you next year....

Fair dinkum some people here need to check out their prejudices. There was literally no reason that Toby should have fronted the tribunal. Footage clearly shows no eye gauging. Toby might have just gone over the line in terms of his aggression but Christian should issue the fine and we move on.

Gee I wish Toby was playing for my team. Plays with pride and passion and prepared to do whatever it takes to help his team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his history is clouding is everyone’s assessment of this incident.

There’s no real evidence of eye gouging. All we have is hair pulling and contact to the head and face that doesn’t result in injury. Not much worse that Merrett or NicNat.

Is he a grub? Yes
Should he play this week? Unquestionably yes

Did not say it happened, but so far I'm not convinced it didn't based on the vision.

I do know that Toby better get a real short haircut before we play you next year....
Why you'll break his Larynx?

Lol hilarious the spoke and outright bullshit in this thread.

Fans of clubs such as bulldogs, pies and certain others calling the Giants protected is s laugh.

And that Eagles fan calling us plastic is even funnier.

Why you'll break his Larynx?

Lol hilarious the spoke and outright bulls**t in this thread.

Fans of clubs such as bulldogs, pies and certain others calling the Giants protected is s laugh.

And that Eagles fan calling us plastic is even funnier.
Yes, Collingwood is definitely protected. We certainly didn’t have to vigorously appeal an MRO decision earlier in the year to suspend one of our players for daring to hold his ground when a Tigers player ran in to him. Cox probably would have received the death penalty for what Greene did, even without the eye gouging.

I fear for any team that ends up playing in a GF vs GWS

can only imagine what length the AFL would go to in order to get the desired outcome
I am tempted to load up on them this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back