Grand Slam 2019 US Open - 20th of August - 8th of September

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Great contest. Medvedev will get him next time. Nadal didn’t make many errors for a lot of the much -he’s hard to beat.
Have loved roger, Rafa, Djokovic but am more than ready for the new gen myself.
I agree, I think Rafa has only a 18 months left of this standard. Djokovic is an unknown.

Federer has grown on me over the years. Serena the opposite. What a sooky entitled person.

I’d take Federer winning another dozen over Serena ever winning again- sorest loser in the game

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Brilliant speech by Med.

Probably my favourite tournament of all time I really enjoyed this. 2009 Aussie Open also a pearler with the Dasco-Nadal semi ( or Dasco Fed, think it was the former though ) and that epic Fed-Nadal Final. 2008 Wimby final was unreal also with the rain delays and epic 5 set struggle.

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Took the day off work for that match and it’s arguably the greatest decision I’ve ever made. Right up there with downloading Tinder.

What can we say about Medvedev. I thought he was out for the count both physically and mentally in the third, he then finds another gear out of nowhere. Absolutely outrageous shot making from him in the second half of the match and a classy speech to boot. Man has the all round game to win Slams, let’s see if he can actually do it in the coming years.

Nadal is the GOAT. 4 USO titles for a dirt baller . In my opinion he’s done enough off clay to justify his position at the top of the pile if/when he gets there, and I think it is inevitable that he will pass Federer now. Djokovic still lurks.

It sets up a fascinating 2020 that’s for sure.

What a match and what an era of Men’s Tennis this is. Obviously a lot of people (particularly on here ) are sick and tired of the big 3 but to me it’s incredible. What they are doing has never been done before and quite possibly will never be repeated.

Vamosssss Rafa

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
So, I made a great call that after the F1, My English football league team, US Womens final and especially the ashes, to take a final off and have a break. Nadal will win, I won't miss anything......

Probably a good thing i missed it. I am heartbroken for Daniil and I didn't even watch it. Well, that is what I am telling myself anyway.

So, I made a great call that after the F1, My English football league team, US Womens final and especially the ashes, to take a final off and have a break. Nadal will win, I won't miss anything......

Probably a good thing i missed it. I am heartbroken for Daniil and I didn't even watch it. Well, that is what I am telling myself anyway.

Should have won the first set, it was a huge fightback though, one of the best US Open finals in years.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Proud of Daniil's performance. I was worried Nadal might wipe him but he stood up to the occasion on his first attempt. The real deal.

Nadal just continues to be one of those more respectably appreciable veterans with each passing year, even if you grew up cheering for Novak or Fed. Winning 2 slams in 2019 is a huge tick for him.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Proud of Daniil's performance. I was worried Nadal might wipe him but he stood up to the occasion on his first attempt. The real deal.

Nadal just continues to be one of those more respectably appreciable veterans with each passing year, even if you grew up cheering for Novak or Fed. Winning 2 slams in 2019 is a huge tick for him.

Plus a final and a semi.

The guy is a freak.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Update on Men's Rankings

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Federer
4. Medvedev (+1) - New High
5. Thiem (-1)
6. Zverev
7. Tsitsipas (+1)
8. Nishikori (-1)
9. Khachanov
10. Bautista Agut
11. Fognini
12. Monfils (+1)
13. Berrettini (+12) - New High
14. Goffin (+1)
15. Coric (-3)
16. Schwartzman (+5)
17. Basilashvili (+1)
18. Anderson (-1)
19. Wawrinka (+5)
20. Isner (-6)
21. Auger-Aliassime (-2)
22. Pella (-2)
23. Paire (+3)
24. Raonic (-2)
25. Dimitrov (+53)
26. Pouille (+1)
27. Kyrgios (+3)
28. Cilic (-5)
29. Lajovic
30. Fritz (-2)
31. de Minaur (+7)
32. Edmund (-1)

Aussies:
Thompson - 53rd
Popyrin - 91st
Millman - 95th
Tomic - 107th
Duckworth - 115th

Nadal will finish year end #1. He sits 2000 points ahead of djokovic and with novak being injured, can't see him making that up for the remaining couple of months.

That’s IF Nadal stays fit which isn’t a certainty based off recent years. Hope he does not sure it matters to Novak anyway

Or he might not.

Can't predict things with much certainty, just like how Federer was supposedly done in '16, how the GS record race was done in '17, etc.

Put it this way I’d be shocked if Nadal holds it long would have a lot to defend in the first half of the year

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Nadal is actually in a really good position to regain the number 1 rank and keep it for a while. He has room to move in the clay season and that’s the biggest thing. Normally he’s defending about 4 titles but he ‘only’ won Rome and RG this year.

Back