Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to “potential to cause serious injury”???? Or does that only apply to Dusty? He could have caused blindness

Coming from someone with only one functioning eye, if anyone did that to me they would be on the floor before they put their hand back down.

Disgraceful decision

Was thinking the same.

Naitanui gets a week for a rough tackle big guy on small guy due to "potential to cause injury".

Greene the grub goes a good old "face rub" and hair pull with both hands and this precendent is totally overlooked.

Lets just all agree if this happened in round 3 he'd get a week min.

Was thinking the same.

Naitanui gets a week for a rough tackle big guy on small guy due to "potential to cause injury".

Greene the grub goes a good old "face rub" and hair pull with both hands and this precendent is totally overlooked.

Lets just all agree if this happened in round 3 he'd get a week min.

Maybe.

However, when you've copped 16 charges and got a total of 6 weeks suspension, you're taking minimal risk by doing something, err, "close to the edge".

AFL protects the plastic love child.
Daddies do that.

No doubt that this is a finals penalty. $7500 is nothing for someone like Greene. He clearly scratched and grabbed at Bont's head and pulled his hair. He looks to see who is watching then does it again. It was just dirty; you can't argue against that. With his record, he should be out for three weeks. The AFL Tribunal in the finals is an absolute farce. They shouldn't even bother running it but of course they need the theatre. The problem is, you're paying for it with your tickets, subscriptions and merchandise.

It's just incongruous with other suspensions handed out this year. From my club I'm like WTF... Soldo got a week for the slightest bumper bar when Worpel (IIRC) stepped into his path and initiated contact... yet Greene walks free for deliberately attacking a player lying on the ground.

If Bontempelli got rubbed out for 2 games for his hit on the GWS player as he should have been, maybe the Dogs may have won on the weekend as the Giants would not have been so hostile seeking revenge and retribution in the final.

If Bont wins the Brownlow it will be a very heavily tainted one.
LMAO ..
You should stick to the "death thread"...
Oh wait ...hang on ...

It's just incongruous with other suspensions handed out this year. From my club I'm like WTF... Soldo got a week for the slightest bumper bar when Worpel (IIRC) stepped into his path and initiated contact... yet Greene walks free for deliberately attacking a player lying on the ground.
You must mean that he stepped into Worpel’s path. Worpel doesn’t step into anybody’s path.

Ps. No I don’t think it was Worpel

I wonder if someone will ever rearrange Toby's face...

He'll need Plastic surgery if they do.

Last edited:
Tobias - the UK pantomime...

A British farce pantomime featuring Michael Christian as Strop, Tobias Greene as a young misunderstood emotive young man with a very special guest appearance of Jeff Gleeson QC as Erin Brockovich and look out for The Bont as Captain Feathersword.

Chortle with laughter as the clearly unconflicted Gleeson attempts to prosecute the AFL team on behalf of the, ummm err, AFL in front of the AFL jury.

Laugh out loud at the convenience of pleading guilty knowing full well that the prosecutor will not impact on the GWS tilt for a flag. "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
> My police handlers loved it: Lawyer X
> How good is Tobias - Scomo
> Please explain - Pauline Hanson
> He might █ ████, ███ ████ ███ █ ███████ ████ - TISM

Until the AFL suspends him (and players like him) for these kind of dog acts, they'll keep on happening. These players know exactly where the line is and will keep doing s**t like this until the AFL get half-serious on punishments. He couldn't give a rats toss bag about $7.5k, it's chump change.

His record proves this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he gets similar treatment on the bottom of a pack next week. Lions players can feel safe as the AFL will have nowhere to go but issue another fine

Footage was not reviewed.
Soooo......

He was charged by the match reviewer based on the video footage, and the tribunal didn't watch the footage which prompted the charge.

Yep. That's definitely the "AFL Special Discount". Wow.

Anyone claiming this as an acquittal needs to remember that before they post. The panel chose not to look at the evidence. Decision made Saturday afternoon.

An atrocious decision, what an example to set for the kids hey!

Once they let Nic Nat off, they had no choice but a ban only for Greene. Finals rule in place.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bit different pushing someone into a fence in retaliation to having your hair pulled than intentionally eye gouging your opponent - multiple times!
Don't care if its finals or not, or who the offender plays for, eye-gouging deserves more than just a fine.
Dangerous, disgusting, cowardly act.
Players get suspended for careless tackles and misplaced bumps in play but its okay to intentionally claw at your opponents eyes whilst they're lying helpless on the ground?
Defended by former AFL chief Anderson....icing on the cake...do you really want to be defending and condoning such behaviour as acceptable on an AFL ground?
Toby Green has form too. Gutless thug.
Can't touch GWS - the AFLs love child.

Last edited:
Both should have got suspensions, NN at least 1, he could have broken his neck, and Toby Teflon should have got 4!

Same old same old, shame Cameron close didn’t get the finals discount, seems it’s saved for the proffered finalists, just like Barry Hall, only 18000 at a final, obviously GWS need some help to get popular! The AFL is a joke!

Watch the whole clip from Mark Stevenson’s report.
Bont and some other bullflog lift Josh Kelly up into the air and both body slam him to the ground. The other dog puts his hands on Kelly’s face in the tackle.
Toby and Matt DB then arrive and leap on.
It’s early in the game, right 12-15 minutes in. Toby is obviously remembering Bont vs Haynes and him getting off Scott free. I’m sure his anger was up before the game then he saw that.
There isn’t immediate bruising or a cut showing until after Bont gets the accidental elbow and leaves the field with the blood rule.
I’m glad he and de Boer dived in to help Josh Kelly, on his back with two flogs on top of him.
Umpire 22 is seen awarding Kelly a free for the dangerous tackle.
So, not condoning what Toby did, I really didn’t like the hair and the butting into the ground, but that’s the full video. Justify the lift and dump of Kelly from Bont, but that’s okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back