sydney eagle

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 11, 2006
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Sydney Rabbitohs
What is going on here ? Another win ! I thought that we were tanking to get Bosa ? In fact i'm always happy to hear of another 49es win. George Kittle has been one of the outstanding performers this season. Now they just need to find him (and Pettis) some more help in the tight end/ wide receiver positions.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
George Kittle, Antonio Brown commence their football courtship

Posted by Mike Florio on January 1, 2019, 6:00 AM EST

GettyImages-136004841-e1546340330503.jpg

Getty Images

Steelers receiver Antonio Brown has kept a very low profile in the aftermath of the unflattering report regarding the latest distraction he has created in Pittsburgh. With one exception.
49ers tight end George Kittle, apparently aware of the rift currently existing between Brown and the Steelers, tweeted a simple greeting to wideout who currently may be feeling unwanted: “Sup?
Brown responded, tweeting a starry eyed emoji.
The gesture is being interpreted, regardless of intent, as Kittle making a pitch for Brown to join the 49ers, and Brown accepting. The biggest impediment (beyond 49ers management actually wanting Brown), continues to be Brown’s contract. Because the Steelers opt for large signing bonuses over guaranteed money beyond the first year, and because the Steelers routinely restructure contracts to create cap space, the cap consequences for trading or cutting Brown would exceed $21 million.
But if this embattled receiver has also become embittered, the Steelers could be looking at a T.O. 2005 situation, on the other end of the Commonwealth. Which could force them to do something in order to avoid another season filled with even more distractions that trace back to a receiver who has demonstrated in recent months a side far different than the hard-working, always-smiling yardage and touchdown machine.
And if Brown somehow ends up in San Francisco this offseason, yes, the 49ers and Steelers are scheduled to face each other in 2019.

A win is a win but that was hard to watch
2nd half was alot better.

But both teams looked ordinary, hopefully it was because of the heat

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Defence were the big winners. After only 2 interceptions all last season (how is that even possible) compared to 2 pick6 in the same game including the dealer to make it a 2 score game.

Jimmy G was serviceable. Overall a good start with plenty of upside to come.

Looking good. I put a Superbowl winners bet on your mob at $64 preseason.

Since my squad is a genuine dumpster fire.....I'm aboard the 9ers this year, Let's go team!!!

Looking good. I put a Superbowl winners bet on your mob at $64 preseason.

Since my squad is a genuine dumpster fire.....I'm aboard the 9ers this year, Let's go team!!!
Problem is the NFC West has 3 quality teams and 1 terrible one

Will make getting into the playoffs hard.

However that could get easier with 2 road wins to start the year off and 2 very winnable games v the Steelers & Browns coming up.

Problem is the NFC West has 3 quality teams and 1 terrible one

Will make getting into the playoffs hard.

However that could get easier with 2 road wins to start the year off and 2 very winnable games v the Steelers & Browns coming up.

I'm not convinced the Seahawks are all that great yet. Rams had two very easy games also with Brees going down in the first quarter today. Long way to go, be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm not convinced the Seahawks are all that great yet. Rams had two very easy games also with Brees going down in the first quarter today. Long way to go, be interesting to see how it plays out.
true but the Seahawks know how to win and the Rams are still in the leagues top few teams imo.

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
true but the Seahawks know how to win and the Rams are still in the leagues top few teams imo.

It's going to be a tough run. We've started better than the experts expected which helps to get the wins on the board.

To make matters worse, we've struggled badly against the weakest team in our division.....

Jtree

All Australian
Aug 27, 2012
New Perth City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers
Obviously very early days but it’s between us and Seattle for the wild card spot... hard to see anyone topping the Rams looking for redemption especially in the NFC West.

Loving the look of the Jimmy G led offense atm

A wise man once say...Seahawks are overrated crap 😉

Let's go team. If Jimmy can revert to 2017 form Jimmy at some stage this year we're looking good. 👍

First team in history to overcome a -4 turnover ratio and win.

The investment in the defensive front 4 is finally paying off....4 first rounders and a traded second makes this unit no joke now to go up against. However for all the draft capital invested I still put the improvement down to Kris Kocurek and the way he is coaching this line.

Edit: Published apology. The record for a team winning with a -4 turnover ration still stands at zero...I forgot the Steelers fumbled late in the 4th quarter

Last edited:

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
First team in history to overcome a -4 turnover ratio and win.

The investment in the defensive front 4 is finally paying off....4 first rounders and a traded second makes this unit no joke now to go up against. However for all the draft capital invested I still put the improvement down to Kris Kocurek and the way he is coaching this line.
Not our finest win, and the turnovers took points off the board. Thankfully the D was able to pry one loose late to get the go ahead drive

Not our finest win, and the turnovers took points off the board. Thankfully the D was able to pry one loose late to get the go ahead drive

The best parts of the win....Garoppolo toughed it out. The 49ers came up with a TD drive in the second half every time they needed one. The defense is learning to close out games.

cant be turning the ball like that and expecting to win again.

The d is looking great this season

Niners looking the best team in the NFCW at the moment. The Rams have scratched out close wins and couldve easily lost a game or two.
Rams are still a better team Unfortunately.

A wildcard spot is for our taking though

Could be better than his brother.

He's got more power moves than Joey for sure. Joey is more great technique and light on his feet for his size. Nick has the whole package. JJ Watt like the way he made a mess of two OLine men trying to block him at once yesterday.

Back