Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I would use pick 31 on him. His talent looks to be that good. Pick 29 on a midfielder that has slipped from the top 20 (one every year drops), pick 31 on Riccardi, pick 47 on another midfielder (inside/outside) and then pick 60 on Riley Bowman. Grab a delisted free agent ruckmen to fill the Zac Clarke void and go to the rookie draft with a real meat and potatoes midfielder with our solitary rookie selection. Add the Irish kid (Ross McQuillan), add Adam Tipungwuti as a Cat B rookie and we'll have a vast array of younger guys to develop on top of our list.

What I can't gauge is the outgoings from our list. Daniher takes us from a mid second round to middle of the top 10 imho, Add on the possibility of Fantasia, Laverde &/or Francis leaving and our picks could go from mid/late to early/mid draft picks.
Is Riley Bowman good enough to carry the ruck next year if bellchambers is injured again?

Is Riley Bowman good enough to carry the ruck next year if bellchambers is injured again?

I asked amongst our other regular VFL watchers and the general consensus was no. Even being a 20 year old and moving into a full time AFL environment would be a big ask for the young man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riccardi and Bowman are rookie prospects, don’t expect either to be regular AFL contributors if at all next year but would certainly be handy depth

Riccardi can also play back if needed so would be a smart pick to add long term depth in both areas

Riccardi and Bowman are rookie prospects, don’t expect either to be regular AFL contributors if at all next year but would certainly be handy depth

Riccardi can also play back if needed so would be a smart pick to add long term depth in both areas
I wouldn't waste someone like Riccardi in defence honestly. Would definitely consider him with a 3rd or 4th.

I wouldn't waste someone like Riccardi in defence honestly. Would definitely consider him with a 3rd or 4th.
I prefer him forward aswel but I wouldn’t say it’s a waste either, not sure if you have been able to see him play much in defence but he can certainly hold his own while also providing rebound with his long kicking.

I prefer him forward aswel but I wouldn’t say it’s a waste either, not sure if you have been able to see him play much in defence but he can certainly hold his own while also providing rebound with his long kicking.
I say waste in that we find plenty of good key defenders, we don't need to put a key forward as good as him there.

Agree - Parker & Papley or fu** off
Or Parker and 4 if Port are ponying up Wines for 4

If we trade Raz for SPP, im burning the hangar down.
lol come on man, Daniher has barely played in 2 years. IF he does request a trade to Sydney, they would trade Papley to Carlton for pick #8. They may either hold on pick #8, or they could try and use it in a trade for Daniher, whilst holding onto pick #4. Most likely though, it will be Daniher for pick #4, plus an exchange of later round picks.

We'll either take pick #4 into the draft, or we'll package it with Fantasia (assuming he wants to go home) to Port for Ollie Wines and a later pick. They'll then use this pick to try and get Lukosius from the Suns.

We ain't getting Heeney or any of Sydney's younger players unless they request a trade to us. Not a chance in hell.

This is all assuming the Daniher/Fantasia rumours eventuate in the first place.

lol come on man, Daniher has barely played in 2 years. IF he does request a trade to Sydney, they would trade Papley to Carlton for pick #8. They may either hold on pick #8, or they could try and use it in a trade for Daniher, whilst holding onto pick #4. Most likely though, it will be Daniher for pick #4, plus an exchange of later round picks.

We'll either take pick #4 into the draft, or we'll package it with Fantasia (assuming he wants to go home) to Port for Ollie Wines and a later pick. They'll then use this pick to try and get Lukosius from the Suns.

We ain't getting Heeney or any of Sydney's younger players unless they request a trade to us. Not a chance in hell.

This is all assuming the Daniher/Fantasia rumours eventuate in the first place.

You forget how hard dodoro plays when the chips are on his side, even if Daniher nominates Sydney we don't have to trade him. Dodoro s only loss was Shiel trade and losing 2 x first round picks.

I'll bet you a sig that Riccardi doesn't last to the rookie draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not going to be physically capable of it. Would need a stack of weight to play number 1 at AFL level where he would be more like Stef Martin (I.e and undersized follower and maybe extra mid).

He's been gettin carved up in the ruck duals by the bigger guys in the VFL and they ain't got nothing on the AFL ruckmen.

Apparently Carlton are trying to bring sauce Jacobs back and only offering Andrew Phillips a 1 year deal.

I really like Phillips as a player, surely we are thinking of going after him, and offer him a 2 year deal.

Is a perfect second ruck who could even surpass TBC early next year while Draper develops.

Cam Ellis-Yolmen set to leave crows. Thoughts would be a good get ?

A Taylor Walker sized inside midfielder?

Would be a genuinely transformative player for us but I doubt we even kick the tires

Trade the crows Pick 48 for Ellis-Yolmen
Sign Scott Jones as a DFA. Rookie Pat Kerr recently delisted by the blues and we have some depth. Sign Riley bowman as project ruckman to partner Draper for the future.

My perfect off season;

(OUT OF CONTRACT)

SENIOR LIST:
Mark Baguley - Retiring
Mitch Brown - +1 year
Aaron Francis - +2 years
Michael Hartley - Free Agent
Jordan Houlahan - Delisted
David Myers - Retired
Jake Long - Delisted

ROOKIE LIST:
Zac Clarke - Delisted
Matt Dea - Retired
Sam Draper - Upgraded
Tom Jok - Retained
Ben McNeice - Retired
Trent Mynott - Retained
Will Snelling - Retained

Gives us draft picks; 29, 31 (= pick 13), 47 (turnt into pick 13), 60, 65 (Sam Draper upgrading)

(TRADE PERIOD) just remembering this would be a perfect off season for mine

OUT: Pick 29 & pick 31
IN: GWS Pick 13

OUT: Fantasia + 2020 second rounder
IN: Port Adelaide Pick 9 + Port Adelaide 2020 first rounder + Billy Frampton

OUT: Jayden Laverde + pick 47
IN: St.Kilda 2020 second rounder

OUT: Pick 65
IN: Ruck from somewhere

(NATIONAL DRAFT)

Pick 9 - Lachlan Ash (inside mid)
Pick 13 - Dylan Stephens (general mid)
Pick 47 - Tom Dow (general mid)
Pick 60 - Hugo Ralph-Smith (fwd/mid)
Pick 83 - Sam Draper (rookie upgrade)

(ROOKIE DRAFT)
Pick 11 - Riley Bowman (ruck)
Pick 29 - Luke Partington (midfielder)
Pick 47 - best available key defender

(POST DRAFT)
Ross McQuillan - The Irish lad we are reportedly leading the race to sign.
Adam Tipungwuti - 22 year old small forward who has been doing great things in the NEAFL for Sydney and NT Thunder.

(BEST 22 - AFL)

B: Aaron Francis - Paddy Ambrose - Michael Hurley
HB: Connor McKenna - Cale Hooker - Adam Saad
C: Zac Merret - Dyson Heppell - Mason Redman
R: Tom Bellchambers - Dylan Shiel - Darcy Parish
HF: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - Joe Daniher - Brayden Ham
F: Jake Stringer - Shaun McKernan - Will Snelling
I/C: Andy McGrath - Devon Smith - Luke Partington - ****

(BEST 22 - VFL)

B: Martin Gleeson - Brandon Zerk ~ Thatcher - Matt Guelfi
HB: Jordan Ridley - Pick 47 - Tom Jok
C: Brayden Ham - Trent Mynott - Lachlan Ash
R: Ruck - Dylan Clarke - Kyle Langford
HF: Adam Tipungwuti - James Stewart - Mitch Brown
F: Irving Mosquito - Billy Frampton - Ralph Hugo ~ Smith
I/C: the rest

My perfect off season;

(OUT OF CONTRACT)

SENIOR LIST:
Mark Baguley - Retiring
Mitch Brown - +1 year
Aaron Francis - +2 years
Michael Hartley - Free Agent
Jordan Houlahan - Delisted
David Myers - Retired
Jake Long - Delisted

ROOKIE LIST:
Zac Clarke - Delisted
Matt Dea - Retired
Sam Draper - Upgraded
Tom Jok - Retained
Ben McNeice - Retired
Trent Mynott - Retained
Will Snelling - Retained

Gives us draft picks; 29, 31 (= pick 13), 47 (turnt into pick 13), 60, 65 (Sam Draper upgrading)

(TRADE PERIOD) just remembering this would be a perfect off season for mine

OUT: Pick 29 & pick 31
IN: GWS Pick 13

OUT: Fantasia + 2020 second rounder
IN: Port Adelaide Pick 9 + Port Adelaide 2020 first rounder + Billy Frampton

OUT: Jayden Laverde + pick 47
IN: St.Kilda 2020 second rounder

OUT: Pick 65
IN: Ruck from somewhere

(NATIONAL DRAFT)

Pick 9 - Lachlan Ash (inside mid)
Pick 13 - Dylan Stephens (general mid)
Pick 47 - Tom Dow (general mid)
Pick 60 - Hugo Ralph-Smith (fwd/mid)
Pick 83 - Sam Draper (rookie upgrade)

(ROOKIE DRAFT)
Pick 11 - Riley Bowman (ruck)
Pick 29 - Luke Partington (midfielder)
Pick 47 - best available key defender

(POST DRAFT)
Ross McQuillan - The Irish lad we are reportedly leading the race to sign.
Adam Tipungwuti - 22 year old small forward who has been doing great things in the NEAFL for Sydney and NT Thunder.

(BEST 22 - AFL)

B: Aaron Francis - Paddy Ambrose - Michael Hurley
HB: Connor McKenna - Cale Hooker - Adam Saad
C: Zac Merret - Dyson Heppell - Mason Redman
R: Tom Bellchambers - Dylan Shiel - Darcy Parish
HF: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - Joe Daniher - Brayden Ham
F: Jake Stringer - Shaun McKernan - Will Snelling
I/C: Andy McGrath - Devon Smith - Luke Partington - ****

(BEST 22 - VFL)

B: Martin Gleeson - Brandon Zerk ~ Thatcher - Matt Guelfi
HB: Jordan Ridley - Pick 47 - Tom Jok
C: Brayden Ham - Trent Mynott - Lachlan Ash
R: Ruck - Dylan Clarke - Kyle Langford
HF: Adam Tipungwuti - James Stewart - Mitch Brown
F: Irving Mosquito - Billy Frampton - Ralph Hugo ~ Smith
I/C: the rest

Interesting, good work.

Mynott is a big chance of being upgraded.

I wouldn’t be surprised if McKenna pushes up to a wing next season, McGrath goes back.

Fantasia isn’t being traded either.

Interesting, good work.

I wouldn’t be surprised if McKenna pushes up to a wing next season, McGrath goes back.

With the body of work Trent has shown in the latter half of this season, a third year on the rookie list isn't out of the question.
Im not sure McKenna has the smarts to push up onto the wing and whilst Mcgrath may not be on a wing next year, he will (almost) certainly not be in defence.

Interesting, good work.

McGrath either plays on-ball or pushes back, don't like him on a wing. McKenna I think lacks general football smarts to be an elite winger, think Redman is the more likely player for that. McKenna is creative around goal and/or runnning off a back flank, playing as a winger is very different. Ham is a long-term AFL wingman with Mutch and Redman both potentials for that role given they're all very willing to run hard both ways, have good disposal and are a good size.

I'd push Redman up to the wing, play Ridley in the backline where he's looked good, let McGrath play on-ball rotating through with guys like Smith whilst we try to find some bigger bodies in the draft / trade that can help clear space for Merrett / Shiel to actually use the ball properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back