CHRIS SCOTT

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s quite simple really!!

Scott is the coach, but he just can’t help being a ‘supporter’, be in game or out. In other words he’s as one-eyed as you get, except he happens to also be the coach ...... I like his passion, but as with most one-eyed supporters, they’re not rational.

As for the home final ....... let’s get real here, he knows it’s not going to happen anytime soon, including the club. But if he makes enough noise, his hoping the tide will turn.

You have to admire his determination!!

I don't know who wrote this, but given how this thread has gone, I'm sure there are plenty of disgruntled Cats supporters who'll remember these incidents.

Top Five Chris Scott Finals F@ck Ups
Congrats to Chris for Friday night for making a new entry in my top five finals f@ck ups by him

5. Dropping consistent goal kicker that year Dan Menzel to bring in untried 12 year old Zac Gutherie to face the Tigers in front of 95,000 at the MCG for the 2017 Qualifying Final. Genius, Hardwick couldn't of made a better selection

4. Starting the best midfielder Dangerfield at Full Forward against the Crows at Adelaide Oval in the 2017 Prelim. After 15 minutes Chris decided to give Danger a spell in the midfield and we were 5 goals to zip down. Classic Chris move that one.

3. Geelong playing Qualifying final at Kardinia Park for the first time in 50 years (Me; HUH?) and it is finals warrior Chappys 250th game. Chris plays his master stroke giving Chappy the sub vest! Brings him on at 3 quarter time where he gets a dozen dispossals when the game is lost. Chappy goes on to be best on ground the next week against Port earning this head scratcher #3. Weeks later Chris gets his underlings to tell Chappy he is past it and out of the club. He goes onto to play 2 more years at Essendon and become a cult fan favourite for The Don's.

2. Despite kicking 50 goals in 2013 Chris's Scott pulls a last minute masterstroke dropping Tom Hawkins for the Qualifying Final before the game and bringing in Josh Walker instead. Reports say Chris is still evaluating the impact of this decision and that Walkers 7 touches, 2 marks and 1 point made a big contribution to the team. Geelong loose the game by 3 goals btw.

1. The new club house leader. After getting his head from out of his arse Chris declares it is going to pour rain for the final against the Pies at the MCG and because of that we are not going to play any ruckman. Despite that he is up against the current AA ruckman and that Stanley had got the best of Grundy at the same venue earlier in the year, Chris has had a light bulb finals moment again. Disregarding any fleeting concerns of the disruptions it would do to the back and forward line structures by getting key position players to play ruck all night Chris ploughs ahead with the master stroke. The fact that it didn't rain a drop, that Geelong got beat, Grundy dominated hit outs and the Pies midfielders got a armchair ride all night doesn't faze Supercoach Chris who was last seen evaluating if Grundy had a impact!

Can't help but wonder what Chris and 6 or 7 others are going to dream up to try and baffle the opposition, but only succeed in confusing our own players and supporters.

Everyone makes mistakes, it's only idiots who don't learn from them and keep on making them.

I don't know who wrote this, but given how this thread has gone, I'm sure there are plenty of disgruntled Cats supporters who'll remember these incidents.

Congrats to Chris for Friday night for making a new entry in my top five finals f@ck ups by him

5. Dropping consistent goal kicker that year Dan Menzel to bring in untried 12 year old Zac Gutherie to face the Tigers in front of 95,000 at the MCG for the 2017 Qualifying Final. Genius, Hardwick couldn't of made a better selection

4. Starting the best midfielder Dangerfield at Full Forward against the Crows at Adelaide Oval in the 2017 Prelim. After 15 minutes Chris decided to give Danger a spell in the midfield and we were 5 goals to zip down. Classic Chris move that one.

3. Geelong playing Qualifying final at Kardinia Park for the first time in 50 years (Me; HUH?) and it is finals warrior Chappys 250th game. Chris plays his master stroke giving Chappy the sub vest! Brings him on at 3 quarter time where he gets a dozen dispossals when the game is lost. Chappy goes on to be best on ground the next week against Port earning this head scratcher #3. Weeks later Chris gets his underlings to tell Chappy he is past it and out of the club. He goes onto to play 2 more years at Essendon and become a cult fan favourite for The Don's.

2. Despite kicking 50 goals in 2013 Chris's Scott pulls a last minute masterstroke dropping Tom Hawkins for the Qualifying Final before the game and bringing in Josh Walker instead. Reports say Chris is still evaluating the impact of this decision and that Walkers 7 touches, 2 marks and 1 point made a big contribution to the team. Geelong loose the game by 3 goals btw.

1. The new club house leader. After getting his head from out of his arse Chris declares it is going to pour rain for the final against the Pies at the MCG and because of that we are not going to play any ruckman. Despite that he is up against the current AA ruckman and that Stanley had got the best of Grundy at the same venue earlier in the year, Chris has had a light bulb finals moment again. Disregarding any fleeting concerns of the disruptions it would do to the back and forward line structures by getting key position players to play ruck all night Chris ploughs ahead with the master stroke. The fact that it didn't rain a drop, that Geelong got beat, Grundy dominated hit outs and the Pies midfielders got a armchair ride all night doesn't faze Supercoach Chris who was last seen evaluating if Grundy had a impact!

Can't help but wonder what Chris and 6 or 7 others are going to dream up to try and baffle the opposition, but only succeed in confusing our own players and supporters.

Everyone makes mistakes, it's only idiots who don't learn from them and keep on making them.

Stanley was quoted as saying he was told he was out the day before so either he is lying or Scott is about the weather, can’t have it both ways, my money is on Stanley tell8ng the truth

forgot the final when he decides that Henderson was our centre half forward and injury and not playing forward all year. Went as expected

Take away the 2011 finals campaign- where, let's be honest, anyone of us could have won a flag with that side who basically coached themselves (and aided by a bitter Malthouse).

Scott's REAL finals record is 3 wins and 10 losses.

Brad went at 50% in finals with a crap team and a poor and disorganised club.

Let that sink in.

No wonder he sooks and moans and gets defensive around this time- like he's giving excuses before the game has even began. His post match presser last night was hilarious to watch. stubborn, defensive, never takes responsibility himself.
Cats should get rid of him.
hes an arrogant prick at heart...cant hide it

His decision to drop Stanley because they thought it might rain is up there with Cotchin choosing to kick into the wind as one of the great finals blunders.

Grundy had a field day up against Blicavs and Ratugolea and pretty much did as he pleased, Stanley would have at least kept him honest.
Gonna argue this because its classic hindsight mentality rather than attempting to think what the players/coaches might have thought.

A lot of finals game start out as messy, contested, low scoring affairs. The intensity is 100% and it often takes time for the game to open up (obviously not always but more often than not). Considering this, Cotch kicks into the wind in the hope that the game is contested and low scoring early before it starts to open up in the 2nd when we have the wind.

Clearly it wasn't a low scoring 1st quarter but the thinking behind the decision (assuming I'm right and I'm fairly confident in that) was perfectly logical so I don't think you can sink the boot into Cotch because of that.

Similar to Scott, dropping Stanley didn't look like a great decision considering the outcome. However you can't pin a match on one bloke. Maybe if Stanley played Geelong would have lost by more...who knows. To think that we BF nuffies know more than senior coaches is pretty dumb thinking.

Take away the 2011 finals campaign- where, let's be honest, anyone of us could have won a flag with that side who basically coached themselves (and aided by a bitter Malthouse).

Scott's REAL finals record is 3 wins and 10 losses.

Brad went at 50% in finals with a crap team and a poor and disorganised club.

Let that sink in.

No wonder he sooks and moans and gets defensive around this time- like he's giving excuses before the game has even began. His post match presser last night was hilarious to watch. stubborn, defensive, never takes responsibility himself.
Cats should get rid of him.
Its worse then that. Most of those 13 finals geelong was the higher ranked team and clear favourites. 2 of those 3 wins were also pretty awful games by geelong where we just scraped over the line in games we should of won easily. We have played one decent final in the past 13. Just one. Its comical.

They talk about only needing 1 tall defender against the Pies so they drop Stanley and play Blicavs in the ruck. Blicavs basically all Aust defender before the bye. Wouldn't you drop Taylor who is slow and basically cooked and leave Blicavs at full back. Especially with the speed the Pies have in the forward line.

His decision to drop Stanley because they thought it might rain is up there with Cotchin choosing to kick into the wind as one of the great finals blunders.

Grundy had a field day up against Blicavs and Ratugolea and pretty much did as he pleased, Stanley would have at least kept him honest.
To be fair, Cotchin’s decision did not cost Richmond that game, they were just as bad in the second quarter.

I did enjoy Scott using the Steve Smith defence, blaming the entire coaching group for the decision rather than take responsibility himself.

Geelong would do well to replace him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't happen unfortunately. His mates in the media who are enamoured by his pseudo intellectual bulls**t will continue to defend him
Yes I’ve even heard pundits applaud him for accepting the blame to take it off the players. Talk about twisting facts to fit a narrative!

forgot the final when he decides that Henderson was our centre half forward and injury and not playing forward all year. Went as expected

You need to expand out to a top 10. Neither of you have even mentioned "mission accomplished"

Consistently high/exceptional regular season results, but poor finals performances (many caused by demonstrably poor coaching moves) and post-bye performances.

You don't get the sack for that, but I could see him and the club parting ways at the end of his contract/mutually if a position was available for him elsewhere.

How long is left on his contract?

I feel bad for him and Geelong because they obviously have a gameplan developed around their unique home ground (like WCE at Subiaco), but then they don't get to play home finals there.

Finished top this season and their reward was to play at the 4th place finishers home ground in front of 60,000 of the 4th placed finishers fans.

Consistently high/exceptional regular season results, but poor finals performances (many caused by demonstrably poor coaching moves) and post-bye performances.

You don't get the sack for that, but I could see him and the club parting ways at the end of his contract/mutually if a position was available for him elsewhere.

How long is left on his contract?

I feel bad for him and Geelong because they obviously have a gameplan developed around their unique home ground (like WCE at Subiaco), but then they don't get to play home finals there.

Finished top this season and their reward was to play at the 4th place finishers home ground in front of 60,000 of the 4th placed finishers fans.
Contracted till the end of 2022 at this stage. See link to article in 2nd top post on this page.

I am not saying he doesn’t have faults, he clearly does. He isn’t the greatest st public speaking clearly. But he gets a lot more attention then other coaches, and it is purely down to his mannerisms, not his coaching. Hinkley doesn’t get anywhere near the attention in here that Chris Scott gets for instance.
Hinkley doesn't get the attention because he's not in Vic.

Go to the Port board or read an SA newspaper, he's under the pump big time.

Seriously? My respect for Scarlett just went up a notch.
Most of our issues revolve around Scarlett. The quicker the both are gone the better. Bring SJ in to coach.

Most of our issues revolve around Scarlett. The quicker the both are gone the better. Bring SJ in to coach.
Scarlo and Scott- two peas in a pod-sooky bullies who think they are better than everyone- disrespect those not in the 'cool' group- can give but can't take.
No wonder they've worked so well together.
I'm no nick Maxwell fan- but respect where it's due- I'd also wager his version of events is true.

Really? Scarlett is in control of one of the best defences in the league where pretty much everyone has stepped up to a new level.

Scarlett is entitled to be pissed that one of the most important cogs of that defence was taken away and put in the ruck when that cog is not a ruckman.

And frankly a lot of these problems are because no one will stand up to Scott. At least Scarlett - not surprisingly - is.

Scarlo and Scott- two peas in a pod-sooky bullies who think they are better than everyone- disrespect those not in the 'cool' group- can give but can't take.
No wonder they've worked so well together.
I'm no nick Maxwell fan- but respect where it's due- I'd also wager his version of events is true.
Scarlett reeks of some kind of undiagnosed mental disorder. Claims the entire Geelong team hated Maxwell because of Tom Harley comparisons? These comments wouldn’t have actually bothered footballers who had a life outside of the game.

Jimmy Bartel and Nick Maxwell are also good mates and he was literally one of their most important players during the premiership years.

Also abit of a joke that arguably one of the greatest fullbacks takes the time out to put out shots on a battler who got the most of himself. Scarlett despite achieving so much couldnt let it go and wanted to convince others to hate Maxwell just like he did.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back