Play Nice Toby Greene

the dog's kennel

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2007
The Land of Baileys
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The footage looked terrible, but there wasn't proof of eye gouging so I wish people would stop acting like there was.

Let's face it, the Giants have been beating Dogs teams up physically for years. They have a bunch of thugs like Greene and Cameron who excel at it. Doesn't mean you can't beat them where it counts though - on the scoreboard. It's the Dogs fault that we didn't run on Saturday. Can't blame Greene for that.

Also Bont wasn't injured from that incident, and at least it was in retaliation to a rough tackle. That's better than some of GWS' thug efforts in the past.

I don't care whether Greene gets suspended or not. I just hope we get a chance to send them home in a PF again.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He will cop his one day and it won’t be pretty

And all the plastic fans will cry and wail with no self awareness

They already do. Their players are doing all sorts of sniper crap off ball then they complain about a free kick counts.

Mumford has been trying to injure opposition players for years. It’s the way their team operates.

the dog's kennel

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2007
The Land of Baileys
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Like Bont. Off the ball and high on Haynes and a back slam and facial to Kelly that started the whole incident.

But he is a legend yeah?

Actually, now I think about it - Haynes and Kelly??? What are you doing Bont? You have a team with no shortage of mongrels to let loose on - and you're roughing up two of the good guys! Haynes and Kelly are both super-fair players. I have nothing but respect for those two.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Do they go around doing dog acts after dog acts?

But it’s cute how you can’t acknowledge that with Toby long list of priors he escape punishment over another dog act

Protected...but please continue to deflect it’s all you can do plastic scum

images

Overreact much ? Greene's record is nowhere near as bad as you and other drama queens say, and only mindless simpletons keep referring to an expansion club like The Giants as plastic.

Bit rich of a Geelong fan to assassinate Toby Greene's character, when one remembers all the shitty acts one Gary Ablett Snr did (especially off-field)

The way some of you clowns are ranting, you think Toby belongs in Jail. Get a grip and some rational and calm perspective.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
images

Overreact much ? Greene's record is nowhere near as bad as you and other drama queens say, and only mindless simpletons keep referring to an expansion club like The Giants as plastic.

Bit rich of a Geelong fan to assassinate Toby Greene's character, when one remembers all the s**tty acts one Gary Ablett Snr did (especially off-field)

The way some of you clowns are ranting, you think Toby belongs in Jail. Get a grip and some rational and calm perspective.
How about Chris Judd if you want something abit more recent ?

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
The footage looked terrible, but there wasn't proof of eye gouging so I wish people would stop acting like there was

Only because of the s**t quality of channel 7’s cameras. There’s no reason you’d have your hand as a claw if you weren’t at the very least attempting to eye gouge.

A facial in response to a back slam and facial on Kelly isn't assault. Worthy of a fine yes but that's all.

Don't let your personal feelings of not liking the bloke cloud your judgement on the rules.
It was Delidio
It’s all about interpretation, would you treat somebody who has never been sanctioned in seven years of afl the same as somebody who has been reported more than 15 times?
The guy has a problem and he can’t stop himself.
Interesting fact about his assault with a deadly weapon charge.
The weapon was his foot. At the time Greene was injured and was using a crutch to help get around. I can’t imagine that blokes head would’ve been to far off the ground for Greene to be able to kick it repeatedly.
What sot’ve bloke does that mate?

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I love this bloke more and more each time he gets up someone's skin. He's there to win games of footy for his not be the moral police on the field

Entertaining bloke for sure
How about just playing the game as its meant to be played, instead of sniping, dirty acts?

Says more about you tbh

I’m not interested in calling him a grub or a villain or whatever.
The guy’s got a problem.
2017 he loses his cool and punches Rance, gets rubbed out.
He’s the leading goal kicker for the club.
It’s a good effort considering he was rubbed out for sniper punching Caleb Daniels so next game after that without Greene they lose to St Kilda, as it turns out they were third when he got rubbed out against Richmond, ended up fourth and had to come and play us at the G.
Would they have won with a home final? Who knows, did Greene affect the chances of the team cause he can’t control himself?
Yep.
And people who say they’d love him on their team.
You can have him.

Fans of clubs such as bulldogs, pies and certain others calling the Giants protected is s laugh.

Yeah, agree.

Don’t think the club he plays for has anything to do with his punishment. I reckon the AFL just want the competition’s best players playing in the finals.

But I also reckon societal expectations are that a player that behaves the way Greene did, with the record he has, should get suspended.

Anyway, IMO, this is an issue of the AFL’s own making. If they’d suspended Bont this probably would never have happened.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
It was Delidio
It’s all about interpretation, would you treat somebody who has never been sanctioned in seven years of afl the same as somebody who has been reported more than 15 times?
The guy has a problem and he can’t stop himself.
Interesting fact about his assault with a deadly weapon charge.
The weapon was his foot. At the time Greene was injured and was using a crutch to help get around. I can’t imagine that blokes head would’ve been to far off the ground for Greene to be able to kick it repeatedly.
What sot’ve bloke does that mate?
Fairly certain it was Kelly who got backslammed and facialed by Bont, though Lids was in the background also getting some treatment (funny they aren't mentioned).
Greene came in as response.

If I was a dogs fan I would be more worried about why your team had no one flying the flag. No one backing team mates.

As for the incident when he was young, no excuses. He did something horrible but the courts gave him his punishment and he followed through. From what I've heard he has been great off field ever since.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah, agree.

Don’t think the club he plays for has anything to do with his punishment. I reckon the AFL just want the competition’s best players playing in the finals.

But I also reckon societal expectations are that a player that behaves the way Greene did, with the record he has, should get suspended.

Anyway, IMO, this is an issue of the AFL’s own making. If they’d suspended Bont this probably would never have happened.
The last week has shown they don't ban players unless it is really really warranted.

They want in a at their beat for finals.

The last week has shown they don't ban players unless it is really really warranted.

They want in a at their beat for finals.

Yeah, just looking back at Collingwood incidents ...

Phil Carman suspended from 1977 GF
Jason Cloke suspended from 2002 GF
Anthony Rocca suspended from 2003 GF

... they’re real sliding doors moments that can end up send people’s lives into a tailspin. It can set up a lifetime of regret. (especially the Carman one).

As you say, if it’s warranted, then justice needs to be done. But it seems these days the AFL err on the side of prudence which is probably not a bad idea.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah, agree.

The Bont incident with Haynes was a football incident, not one bit of malice or intent. Stuff happens in footy, it’s not footy anymore if Bont gets rubbed out for that. With Greene, it’s never a football incident but always dirty, low and malicious. His record on and off the field speaks for itself.

Back