Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Bit different pushing someone into a fence in retaliation to having your hair pulled than intentionally eye gouging your opponent.
Don't care if its finals or not, or who the offender plays for, eye-gouging deserves more than just a fine.
Dangerous, disgusting, cowardly act.
Players get suspended for careless tackles and misplaced bumps in play but its okay to claw at your opponents eyes whilst they're lying helpless on the ground?
Defended by former AFL chief Anderson....icing on the cake...do you really want to be defending and condoning such behaviour as acceptable on an AFL ground?
Toby Green has form too. Gutless thug.
Can't touch GWS - the AFLs love child.

Are you going to accuse him of raping and pillaging as well as it has as much merit as the made up gouging accusations from your Dogs loving muppet at Channel 7. He might find himself the subject of legal action in the coming days.

He has been sanctioned for what he did, build a bridge and move on.

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are you going to accuse him of raping and pillaging as well as it has as much merit as the made up gouging accusations from your Dogs loving muppet at Channel 7. He might find himself the subject of legal action in the coming days.

He has been sanctioned for what he did, build a bridge and move on.
Mate I'd be saying the same thing if he was a Pies player. You could blind a bloke doing that.
So what, now Green has racked up $26,350 in fines and 6 suspensions for his dog acts. 11 ot 12 tribunal appearances now? Not learning is he.

Typical one-eyed comment from a supporter.
Luckily Bontempelli didn't come off the ground with only one eye.

Take legal action? Bontempelli's counsel made a negotiated agreement to get Green off with a fine so he could play. Fool.
I love to see them try and take legal action - then maybe they would charge this pr*ck with assault.
You don't pay a $7,500 fine if you're innocent. A fine is not a just penalty for eye gouging. s**t you get 10 weeks for having a bet!
As for your comments re raping and pillaging don't be an idiot.
Love to see this clown try to do this sort of thing to Pendlebury or Dusty, he would be lucky to get of the ground alive.

Last edited:

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Watch the whole clip from Mark Stevenson’s report.
Bont and some other bullflog lift Josh Kelly up into the air and both body slam him to the ground. The other dog puts his hands on Kelly’s face in the tackle.
Toby and Matt DB then arrive and leap on.
It’s early in the game, right 12-15 minutes in. Toby is obviously remembering Bont vs Haynes and him getting off Scott free. I’m sure his anger was up before the game then he saw that.
There isn’t immediate bruising or a cut showing until after Bont gets the accidental elbow and leaves the field with the blood rule.
I’m glad he and de Boer dived in to help Josh Kelly, on his back with two flogs on top of him.
Umpire 22 is seen awarding Kelly a free for the dangerous tackle.
So, not condoning what Toby did, I really didn’t like the hair and the butting into the ground, but that’s the full video. Justify the lift and dump of Kelly from Bont, but that’s okay?
What a load of crap..he payed a $7500 fine because he did it.
I'm suprised he didn't complain about the amount of the fine....after all he only got a fine of $2,500 from the courts for his off-field assault outside a nightclub.

Last edited:

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Mate I'd be saying the same thing if he was a Pies player. You could blind a bloke doing that.
So what, now Green has racked up $26,350 in fines and 6 suspensions for his dog acts. 11 ot 12 tribunal appearances now? Not learning is he.

Take legal action? Bontempelli's counsel made a negotiated agreement to get Green off with a fine so he could play. Fool.
I love to see them try and take legal action - then maybe they would charge this pr*ck with assault.
You don't pay a $7,500 fine if you're innocent. A fine is not a just penalty for eye gouging. s**t you get 10 weeks for having a bet!
Love to see this clown try to do this sort of thing to Pendlebury or Dusty, he would be lucky to get of the ground alive.
View attachment 743463
If you had any comprehension (difficult with a 4th grade education) you would understand the potential legal action is against reporters for using gouging when it was never even in question.

He’s not been charged with eye gouging so no fine (for that type of offence) is relevant, gouging is in your head...with the other voices. Greene was charged with unnecessary contact to the head for which he was guilty and received his right whack.

Just quietly I think I would back Greene in against either of those blokes, Dusty needs his bikie mates to play tough and Pendlebury??? I mean really, next thing you’ll have Stephenson winning arm wrestling competitions and not betting on games for profit!

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you had any comprehension (difficult with a 4th grade education) you would understand the potential legal action is against reporters for using gouging when it was never even in question.

He’s not been charged with eye gouging so no fine is relevant, gouging is in your head with the other voices.

I think I would back Greene in against either of those blokes, Dusty needs his bikie mates to play tough and Pendlebury??? I mean really, next thing you’ll have Stephenson winning arm wrestling completions and not betting on games for profit.
I have worked in the legal profession for over 30 year d*ckhead.
University education.
Crawl back under your rock.
Take it to court - the reporters cant be charged for reporting the truth.
Green wouldn't want to go back to court. He's already been found guilty of assault and substance abuse.

As for assaulting a Collingwood or Richmond player on field, their teammates would fly the flag better than what the Dogs did is what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
I worked in the legal profession for over 30 year d*ckhead.
University education.
Crawl back under your rock.
Take it to court - the reporters cant be charged for reporting the truth.

Was that as a client? (like the majority of Collingwood supporters). Your inability to retain control here is ironic given your strong opinion on Greene!

Reporters have a right to report, however they do not have a right to lie or unfairly pervert views. There are libel and defamation laws which protect against that.

What old mate and others did by using that language is pollute minds and potentially prejudice Greene receiving a fair hearing.

Fortunately sanity prevailed and he received his right whack.

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was that as a client? (like the majority of Collingwood supporters). Your inability to retain control here is ironic given your strong opinion on Greene!

Reporters have a right to report, however they do not have a right to lie or unfairly pervert views. There are libel and defamation laws which protect against that.

What old mate and others did by using that language is pollute minds and potentially prejudice Greene receiving a fair hearing.

Fortunately sanity prevailed and he received his right whack.
A $7500 for eye gouging when you have an antecedent report of previous offences and convictions a mile long both on and off the ground is not a fair whack.
I'd love to see you try and lodge a libel suit when the client has already been found guilty of the offence at a tribunal and accepted the penalty and ruling of that tribunal.
Show me where they unfairly perverted views?
As for defamation Toby Green is a thug - pure and simple. Multiple convictions at the AFL tribunal and found guilty of assault by a court of law.
Thug, drug user etc - no defamation there.
You should apply as a cricket umpire for the next Ashes series with the vision you have.

Last edited:

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
A $7500 for eye gouging when you have an antecedent report of previous offences and convictions a mile long both on and off the ground is not a fair whack.
I'd love to see you try and lodge a libel suit when the client has already been found guilty to the offence at a tribunal and accepted the penalty and ruling.

Filth, he was not found guilty of eye gouging, that is a little fugayzi , fugazi. It's a whazy. It's a woozie. It's fairy dust. it doesn't exist.

You can keep repeating it to the voices in your head and some of them might agree but it won’t make it real.

I’ll give you an example you might be able to relate to.

Let’s say a guy steals a car and gets picked up by the police. When he is charged and goes to court they can’t accuse him of arson (although some Collingwood supporters are also known to burn vehicles after boosting them... but I digress).

You can only be accused and charged for what you’ve actually done, not the colourful mayo used by overly partial reporters to get some traction/attention on Twitter.

Some of the reporting of this matter was misleading and potentially prejudicial.

Last edited:

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Buddy, he was not found guilty of eye gouging, that is a little fugayzi , fugazi. It's a whazy. It's a woozie. It's fairy dust. it doesn't exist.

You can keep repeating it to the voices in your head and some of them might agree but it won’t make it real.

I’ll give you an example you might be able to relate to.

Let’s say a guy steals a car and gets picked up by the police. When he is charged and goes to court they can’t accuse him of arson (although some Collingwood supporters are also know to burn vehicles after boosting them but I digress).

You can only be accused and charged for what you’ve actually done, not the colourful mayo used to get some traction on Twitter.
Give it up mate, I'm not going back to 1st year law school to argue with you. Your car analogy is ridiculous and not pertinent at all.

In this case:
Accused of eye-gouging an opponent - charged with "serious misconduct" - proofs of the offence established - found guilty.
If you committed the same act on the street - eye-gouging - charged with assault if the act meets proofs of the offence- if established - found guilty.

Just because their is no specific offence labelled "eye-gouging" doesn't mean you can't be charged with a different offence for that act "serious misconduct" in the case of the AFL tribunal, or "assault" in the case of State law. As long as you meet the proofs of those offences you can be charged with them and if proven found
guilty.

Green found guilty of "serious misconduct" at the AFL tribunal for his act of eye-gouging an opponent. (ergo: Green is still an eye-gouger)
The penalty is still insufficient for the offence, given the seriousness of this type of act.
Sentencing is also ridiculously lenient given the history of the number and nature of previous offences Green has commited and been found guilty of.

BTW your references to Collingwood are juvenile.
For a 'giant' you really need to grow up.
Not a mental giant in any case.

Last edited:

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
A $7500 for eye gouging
In this case:
Accused of eye-gouging an opponent -

As far as I can tell the only people who have accused Greene of eye gouging have been numpties in the media and keyboard warriors on Big Footy.

The take away from the tribunal was the bit where they said expressly that any suggestion of eye gouging is completely wrong. Nobody but nobody (including the bulldogs) have even suggested there was eye gouging.

And before you say “oh well, the old code of not throwing oppo players under the bus” I’ll point out 2 things...

1 this was the Dogs against the Giants
2 that old adage has three exceptions - biting gouging and spitting

In the 40 odd years I’ve been watching 4 codes of football, if someone’s been bitten or gouged they respond immediately, not after the game, but straight up and straight to the umpire or referee to complain and show the damage.

Bont did not react in any way that I’ve ever seen anyone react after being bitten or gouged in any game in the past 40 years. His teammates did not react. He was, at no point on his haunches or in the arms of trainers furiously blinking trying to get his vision back - another common sight when someone has been gouged.

Everyone involved has denied that any eye gouging took place. The AFL Counsel and the tribunal have said explicitly that there was no suggestion of gouging. So no he wasn’t either accused of or fined $7,500 for eye gouging at all.

BTW, my starting point for an eye gouge is 12 weeks and no sympathy - which is what I’m hoping a player from my own rugby league team should get for what he did to a warriors player on the weekend.

There was lots of stuff that happened in the incident but eye gouging was simply not one of them.

Last edited:

BernieBrown

Debutant
Sep 8, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Definitely attacked the head which will see him miss. Not convinced it will be for gouging.
Dogs fans should ease up a touch and remember Libba senior, very similar players are him and Greene.
[/QUOT

View attachment 743463
My dogs obviously need to toughen up, get an enforcer, get ugly and fix the little prick up ON the spot as AFL do nothing!

BernieBrown

Debutant
Sep 8, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cotchin went for the ball and he could hardly have gone lower to avoid a high hit. How can you compare that with this disgusting off the ball behaviour?
You're right there. This Greene stuff was on another level. When guys get weeks for accidents this guy had to go.

And before you say “oh well, the old code of not throwing oppo players under the bus” I’ll point out 2 things...
Some teams still play the game in the spirit it was meant to be played, hence the code.

Other clubs include GWS.

BernieBrown

Debutant
Sep 8, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would agree with you if there was footage of the eye-gouging - but they haven't even charged him with eye-gouging (if that is an actual charge anyway).
If there is no evidence of eye-gouging then it should just be a fine, sure he roughed up the Bont - but roughing a player up is not cause for suspension.

And what the hell is 'coming in for a fight'? How do you quantify what that means, how do you suspend someone for it?
I reckon banging a guy's head on the ground is a dog act and should get a week. With a record as long as his. What about protecting the head? And it wasnt accidental or a hip and shoulder split-second thing that guys have gone for.

BernieBrown

Debutant
Sep 8, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
maybe because it had nothing to do with goodwill and everything to do with honesty
Whatever - you got it from the Bulldogs - now you give respect in return. Your club looks bad over this. Just like mine did when Libba smashed a bloke. You should be ringing your club and getting them to clean up Greene's act. Have you made that call yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back