All Australian
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal + SA Spurs
This moment. RIP Spud
44b8c5e47254eb30407b3036a6dcead1.jpg

I know there's a lot of Danny out there, but this podcast covers a lot of relevant ground for Richmond people. As always, his courageous and open about his feelings about what happened. I might give it another listen later in the week, just to spend a bit of time with Spud.

Jono_Hain97

All Australian
Dec 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Spud was a great character and hilariously funny, but one thing that’s often overlooked is his intelligence. After watching him for years on the bounce, making us laugh and doing crazy things for our entertainment, it’s easy to forget what a smart, sophisticated and well spoken man Danny Frawley truly was. His insightful commentary and football nous was first class. RIP Frawley. You will be missed by many people

The Gas

Debutant
Sep 7, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I know there's a lot of Danny out there, but this podcast covers a lot of relevant ground for Richmond people. As always, his courageous and open about his feelings about what happened. I might give it another listen later in the week, just to spend a bit of time with Spud.

this is amazing. thoroughly recommend to those who haven’t listened to it. was only 2 weeks ago

Darth_Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks
What a loss. A great person. Took us to a prelim and made the mistake of thinking we were almost there when we weren’t and paid the price for it. Still, when all is said and done football is just a game and my thoughts are with his family, friends and the multitudes of lives he touched personally and through his football, coaching and media work. RIP Spud.

Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Have to say I've just felt sad and hollow since I heard the news yesterday and I never met the bloke.

I'm assuming our club will do some sort of tribute at the prelim next week. Wouldnt be against the Tiger army belting out a rendition of "when the saints go Marching in"as a sign of respect for the man.

Apr 27, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wests Tigers, Everton
Shocked and sad.

Bounce is the only current footy show I like. It’s because the chemistry that Dunstall and Frawley had. Pure magic!

RIP

I was just watching Spud’s final episode of Bounce from Saturday night. In the first 2 mins they give him a birthday cake and after he blows out the candle Dunstall asks him “what did you wish for Spud” and he replies “fair to say, you wouldn’t want to know” and then trails off...

Daveeee_12

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers, Man Utd
RIP Spud

For someone that was so open with their struggles and helped so many others with theirs, it’s absolutely devastating that in the end it was just too difficult. Hope your at peace mate.

Thanks for 2001 and all the memories :heart:

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I was just watching Spud’s final episode of Bounce from Saturday night. In the first 2 mins they give him a birthday cake and after he blows out the candle Dunstall asks him “what did you wish for Spud” and he replies “fair to say, you wouldn’t want to know” and then trails off...
Yep that was very poignant,

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
Took us to a preliminary final in 2001 which was a great feat back then and got us our last finals win vs the scum. I'll never forget the joy that day. We beat them twice that year. I reckon coaching Richmond during a tough period would affect anyone. I would hope that as a fan base and a club we've come a long way from how we exit coaches and people, always keeping things in perspective. That night against Adelaide where he was spat on was horrific.

Vale Danny.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
You're making an assumption that the two are linked without knowing the full details.

We have our own dedicated thread to mental health and don't censor it in the slightest.

But posting speculation about things like that isnt on, especially when authorities haven't provided any more information.

You have no idea who reads these forums.

If / when any further information officially comes out it can be discussed then.

Until such time, be respectful and don't post assumptions on such a sensitive topic.

To be fair Michaels the police are treating it as self harm, so it is allowed to be discussed, it’s sad it’s tragic, but it is what it is

RUOK is this week

To be fair Michaels the police are treating it as self harm, so it is allowed to be discussed, it’s sad it’s tragic, but it is what it is

RUOK is this week

They only alluded to that this morning, not yesterday when those initial comments and my reply were made.

And as I said in my reply, if it comes out that it played a part then it is ok to discuss.

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

RUOK is this week
Just reeks of a lack of respect and a lack of class to bring it up now. I know a lot of people feel the same way.

I think he was alluding to the running gag they had that he wanted to take over as host

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Just reading articles of when he was CEO of AFLCA apparently the strain of the Essendon supplements saga led to triggering his depression. I never thought such a balanced person with a chirpy personality and loved by all man could fall to the sword of depression.
Any wonder there is so much support and time going into this killer.
I never ever saw that in him and he did an incredible job covering it up on TV. The more I read into his past years the sadder I felt as he was on the edge of losing everything from wife to financial fortune. Poor man as his life was more valuable than anything else in the world and he was unable to see it.
I can still hear his words in all those chats we had together and feel totally shattered that his life ended so tragically.

Again
RIP Big Hearted Fella
You will be missed by us all
Still shattered

TI and Family.

Back