Autopsy Roast & toast qualifying final Brisbane vs Richmond, changes for PRELIMINARY FINAL vs GEELONG

Best five

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

• 2: Dylan Grimes

• 3: Dion Prestia

• 4: Dustin Martin

• 5: Brandon Ellis

• 8: Jack Riewoldt

• 9: Trent Cotchin

• 10: Shane Edwards

• 11: Jason Castagna

• 12:David Astbury

• 14: Bachar Houli

• 15: Jayden Short

• 17: Daniel Rioli

• 19: Tom Lynch

• 22: Josh Caddy

• 23: Kane Lambert

• 25: Toby Nankervis

• 27: Shai Bolton

• 34: Jack Graham

• 35: Nathan Broad

• 47: Ivan Soldo

• 48: Liam Baker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingy did say one thing yesterday that was true. We are so efficient with the way we play that traditional stats for us dont really matter i.e. clearances and possessions. We play so differently to every other side, its like they NFI what we’re doing. Nick Riewoldt nailed it. Listen to him the way he talks about our game - most intelligent bloke in the media to comment on it

Kingy did say one thing yesterday that was true. We are so efficient with the way we play that traditional stats for us dont really matter i.e. clearances and possessions. We play so differently to every other side, its like they NFI what we’re doing. Nick Riewoldt nailed it. Listen to him the way he talks about our game - most intelligent bloke in the media to comment on it
There’s probably one completely random stat out there that helps us win a game, like how 90 marks or more by WC practically guarantees them a win, but for the life of me I wouldn’t know what it is. Lol

There’s probably one completely random stat out there that helps us win a game, like how 90 marks or more by WC practically guarantees them a win, but for the life of me I wouldn’t know what it is. Lol

I like the meters gained stat. We head faked the entire comp with our meters gained by handball then when they try to shut that down and we kick, we draw our forwards up the ground, isolate 1 v 1 or kick/knock them though their press. It’s bloody brilliant to watch

Richmond: Josh Caddy
After returning to the senior side in round 20, Richmond premiership player Josh Caddy has become an important cog in the Tigers’ tilt for a flag. Despite not having a lot of the ball on Saturday night, Caddy’s usage was emblematic of Richmond’s performance. The forward had 14 disposals, seven score involvements and kicked two goals as Richmond marched towards their third preliminary final in as many years.

It’s amazing how they reckoned he played forward. He was clearly on the wing.

The other amazing thing about Caddy's kick is he took just two strides after taking possession before kicking it. That's almost impossible.
Yeah, that was the other thing. Two steps then a little chip with no follow through...and it sailed through from 55 out!

Nah right foot, but kicked it more on the outside of his boot, similar to how dusty lines up for his set shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of dusty set shots, how the * does he walk in left at a 45 degree angle but then kick the ball arrow straight?

Speaking of dusty set shots, how the fu** does he walk in left at a 45 degree angle but then kick the ball arrow straight?
That’s what once in a generation players do. They’re unpredictable simply be of the the skill and natural gifts they possess.
I’m still incredibly pissed off how he wasn’t picked in the AA team as his year was top shelf and for awhile Prestia was his only senior support and Sheds had to rock and roll down back.

We, got so many players hitting peak form this finals series. Dusty, Rioli, Caddy, Grimes etc. I just hope this week's bye doesn't kill our momentum. And Cotch starts to hit peak form.

The bye didn't affect our momentum in 2017.. no reason why it would this time around.

Last year isn't a good comparison.. because we had clearly tailed off towards the end of the season, gastro going through the club in the lead up to the prelim was the nail in the coffin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a feeling watching at the time that his intention was to setup Dusty who was one on one in the square and simply timed the kick so well it just sailed over the contest.
It could well have been exactly that.

He just timed it too well for Dusty. He could have had 7!

Speaking of dusty set shots, how the fu** does he walk in left at a 45 degree angle but then kick the ball arrow straight?
The dribble kick was incredible from a long way out but Dusty knew it was a goal from the moment he kicked it.

Shane Edwards 2nd half sublime,courageous player.

Jonathan Brown used to provide intelligent commentary until the Bears made it into the finals. Now he’s got Bear Blinkers unfortunately.

According to Jobe Watson, we’re just like Collingwood though. 🤪

It’s great now we can have quality midfielders buzzing around our FL and still have a top shelf midfield playing on the ball. My dreams have all come to fruition in less than three months.
Cotchin’s second quarter was immense and danger signs should be going around to all other teams still in the running. Ditto for Nakkers.
Dusty could play forward all year and he would get closer to 100 goals than most players simply bc of all his strengths and skill which I won’t go into listing as I don’t have all day to do so. I reckon he would be Ablett Seniors most enjoyable player to watch in the modern era , even better than that egotistical kid of his.

So you're saying that every time we score more than the other team, we win? Someone should tell dimma
There's a scoop with Tom Browne's name all over it.

He went to Melb Uni you know.

Back