2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's that mean .....suicide ?
If only if he really knew how much joy he brought to so many people.

Depression really sucks & just wish he had more joy that it didn't come to this... if this was the cause.

RIP spud, you will be missed. :(

The segment on the rub about 5 or 6 years ago when the panel called frawley out on getting work done to his teeth is one of the funniest things you'll hear on radio.
Hopfully triple m will play some classic segments because nothing has come close to the chemistry those guys had.

fu** this has flattened me, loved Spud from the MMM Rub days

Agree. Just loved listening to Spud argue with JB, Purple, Gary Lyon and BT on the rub on a Saturday afternoon.

Some pure comedy gold on the radio.

RIP Danny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only if he really knew how much joy he brought to so many people.

Depression really sucks & just wish he had more joy that it didn't come to this... if this was the cause.

RIP spud, you will be missed. :(
In my experiences it's often the ones like Danny who are often the hardest to reach.

Shattering news really, regardless of the circumstances

No sarcasm... the video wasn't conclusive and bonts had no problem... and we all know the tribunal has different rules during finals.
You said you couldn't really see Greene do anything bad ... That's very different to not being able to make it stick at the tribunal.

He was raking Bonts face while Marcus was helpless on his back. Then he grabs him with two handfuls of hair and had a good shake.

Gutless.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

No sarcasm... the video wasn't conclusive and bonts had no problem... and we all know the tribunal has different rules during finals.
God this shits me. Every year the umpires put the whistle away during finals and everybody says how great it is and I'm always left thinking.....why don't they call all the games this way? Doesn't the AFL realise having two sets of rules for H&A and finals, makes them look totally incompetent?

God this s**ts me. Every year the umpires put the whistle away during finals and everybody says how great it is and I'm always left thinking.....why don't they call all the games this way? Doesn't the AFL realise having two sets of rules for H&A and finals, makes them look totally incompetent?

The AFL would be one of the only sports in the world that clearly changes the rules based on the time of year a match is played (or even which quarter of a game it is!)

"Oh, the umpires have put the whistle away now" you often hear commentators say late in games.

It's such a ridiculous concept. If it is a free kick, you should pay it, irrespective of when in the game it occurs.

The AFL would be one of the only sports in the world that clearly changes the rules based on the time of year a match is played (or even which quarter of a game it is!)

"Oh, the umpires have put the whistle away now" you often hear commentators say late in games.

It's such a ridiculous concept. If it is a free kick, you should pay it, irrespective of when in the game it occurs.

There is a good reason why the umpires put away the whistle (which I agree with you is irrelevant) it is because the accountability of their decision is literally magnified 10 fold in the media post match.

Did Sheed play on when he took THAT mark in the Grand Final, was Rioli blocking the Pies defender to stop THAT mark ???

I think in the H&A season one of those decisions would have been ruled a Pies free.

There is a good reason why the umpires put away the whistle (which I agree with you is irrelevant) it is because the accountability of their decision is literally magnified 10 fold in the media post match.

Did Sheed play on when he took THAT mark in the Grand Final, was Rioli blocking the Pies defender to stop THAT mark ???

I think in the H&A season one of those decisions would have been ruled a Pies free.

And you could tell that Maynard was expecting a free for the block because that had been the interpretation all year

As much as I preferred the West Coast win, it should have been a free

And you could tell that Maynard was expecting a free for the block because that had been the interpretation all year

As much as I preferred the West Coast win, it should have been a free

Also f you watch the mark, Sheed definitely 100% plays on, he takes one step forward. You can tell he thought about it and then went back to take a set shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back