Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I gave a big batch away to the cheer squad so there should be heaps at the GF.
yeah one of the guys I saw after the game I recognized from the Maggies cheer squad.

Collingwood has two great, contrasting strips. The white shorts rule was at fault on Friday.

I used to think this, but now am coming back around to the point that neither of them serve the purpose of solving the clash against Geelong (and a few others) if Geelong is at home.

Just as we are arguing here, Geelong should be able to wear whatever the hell they want as a home kit. If that means Collingwood (and Port for that matter) need to come up with some garish all orange clash kit to play against it, then so be it.

I used to think this, but now am coming back around to the point that neither of them serve the purpose of solving the clash against Geelong (and a few others) if Geelong is at home.

Just as we are arguing here, Geelong should be able to wear whatever the hell they want as a home kit. If that means Collingwood (and Port for that matter) need to come up with some garish all orange clash kit to play against it, then so be it.
Yeah but if we're all adults here and this league is professional then Geelong would just wear white shorts and it would be fine. It's an archaic rule and one that was rightly abandoned in the Geelong v Collingwood matchup for well over a decade before last week.

Anyway, I hate to mar this thread with clash jumper chat.

Yeah but if we're all adults here and this league is professional then Geelong would just wear white shorts and it would be fine. It's an archaic rule and one that was rightly abandoned in the Geelong v Collingwood matchup for well over a decade before last week.

Anyway, I hate to mar this thread with clash jumper chat.
True, don't want to get too sidetracked. But it's not a white shorts rule in my eyes. The issue I feel is very aligned to our cause here, as the concept of a club not being able to wear whatever it pleases at home stems from certain Vic clubs being able to pressure the AFL this way and that to not do the sensible thing that every other league in the world does i.e. every team has the right to choose their identity.

Lets be honest. This story is all about Eddie yet again telling an opposition club what to wear and thats why its striking a raw nerve here

Partly. The AFL and Eddie stand without integrity on jumper issues. Eddie doesn't have transparency on issues where Collingwood are in the wrong. I like to think that if the AFL could finally direct Collingwood to have a clash jumper without significant black and white strips on it, then our position on PBs could be strengthened.

I hate all the entitlement Eddie has. He’s been great for Collingwood though. Would love someone to do as much for us as he has for them

Eddie's a giant flog if you don't support his team but you can't deny how good he's been for Collingwood. Embodies the whole 'shoot for the moon and you'll land in the stars' philosophy. The antithesis of David Koch and his 'we're just a little club from Alberton' schtick. If you think you're a little club from Alberton, everyone else is going to think you're a little club too.

As others have said in this thread, if a Port Adelaide equivalent of Eddie McGuire was our President, we'd be in the bars by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Koch's B&F speech - sounds like a oncer, but he might have undersold it.

Among the ways the club will celebrate its anniversary will be a commemorative logo which will be worn by both AFL and SANFL sides to bring the club together under one logo for the first time since 1997.

That logo will be launched at a free event on Sunday 13 October.

Koch told the crowd there were also other plans in the works including a must-have collector’s history book, a feature length documentary and a series of special events, but all would celebrate both the club’s proud past and bold future.

“And we will elevate our Prison Bars on the national stage when we play the Crows in our home Showdown, acknowledging the deeds of our past heroes and legends in ensuring we could compete in the best competition in the land.

“The Prison Bars are an icon of our football club. And we intend to protect their legacy and celebrate their importance in our 150th.

“We will celebrate our 150th anniversary by honouring our past while having a clear view as to what the Port Adelaide Football Club will need to look like in the future.”

“And we will elevate our Prison Bars on the national stage when we play the Crows in our home Showdown, acknowledging the deeds of our past heroes and legends in ensuring we could compete in the best competition in the land.

"On the national stage" aka watched by hardly anyone outside SA, live and exclusive to Foxtel, probably in the Sunday twilight timeslot.

#BringBackTheBarsProperly

So we'll wear it once in 2020 in a Showdown in a s**t time slot and that's it. Nice going, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back