Tigers Ashes discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a lot of rubbish in this English team. Joe Cheat, laughing boy Jofra Archer, Stuart Broad and that foul mouthed thug that likes to make fun of autistic children Ben Stokes. Hopefully the next home ashes series our crowds remember the treatment meted out to Smith and co and give them to reception they deserve. And as for Steve Harmison, clearly he isn't over his mental health issues. More to be pitied than despised.
I wonder about Archer though and reckon that was a nervous laugh because it appears the blow to Smith had more effect on him than it did Smith. He’s been pretty meek and mild since.

bring in big show for paine in the last test and burnsy for warne

There is a lot of rubbish in this English team. Joe Cheat, laughing boy Jofra Archer, Stuart Broad and that foul mouthed thug that likes to make fun of autistic children Ben Stokes. Hopefully the next home ashes series our crowds remember the treatment meted out to Smith and co and give them to reception they deserve. And as for Steve Harmison, clearly he isn't over his mental health issues. More to be pitied than despised.
I hope that won't be the case and we show the Poms how classy and respectful we are to the opposition.

bring in big show for paine in the last test and burnsy for warne
This is what Ian Chappell has to say about the Australian captaincy...
The man charged with resurrecting Australian cricket’s reputation – skipper Tim Paine - deserves a lot of credit for the success of the team. He’s been a calming influence, has a steady pair of gloves, has made some useful contributions with the bat and provided commonsense leadership. In short, he was the right man for a difficult job in desperate times.
He has in common with Allan Border the fact that he was the only captaincy option at a critical time and the fact that he hasn’t failed has saved Australian cricket from being embarrassed.

I hope that won't be the case and we show the Poms how classy and respectful we are to the opposition.

Can think of all sorts of truism and cliches. Respect is earnt, not just given away. People who live in glass houses etc. I don't believe every single English player should be booed, but there are certain ones who have got it coming. I hope the Australian crowds show class to those that deserve it. But as for the rest, let the crowds get the their moneys worth, and let their supporters and media squirm as we crush them 4 or 5 nil in another home series.

I wonder about Archer though and reckon that was a nervous laugh because it appears the blow to Smith had more effect on him than it did Smith. He’s been pretty meek and mild since.

I have never seen a first class bowler in my entire life react the way he did when he floored Steve Smith. Never. As for his meekness and mildness, personally I think that's more about being overbowled and perhaps not quite yet being the next Wesley Hall or Michael Holding that he was being talked up to be. Sometimes you just have to take things at face value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never seen a first class bowler in my entire life react the way he did when he floored Steve Smith. Never. As for his meekness and mildness, personally I think that's more about being overbowled and perhaps not quite yet being the next Wesley Hall or Michael Holding that he was being talked up to be. Sometimes you just have to take things at face value

He is young ...,give him space dude.

Can think of all sorts of truism and cliches. Respect is earnt, not just given away. People who live in glass houses etc. I don't believe every single English player should be booed, but there are certain ones who have got it coming. I hope the Australian crowds show class to those that deserve it. But as for the rest, let the crowds get the their moneys worth, and let their supporters and media squirm as we crush them 4 or 5 nil in another home series.

Anderson reckons England gave Australia pitches to win on,lol.

Not sure about that but no Anderson hurt England badly.

I'd put it another way. What hurt England badly is their obviously abysmally thin bowling stocks. A very unhealthy dependence on a 37 year old 'fast bowler' to carry their attack and not being able to cover for him in his absence. No bad luck there, simply a disaster waiting to happen.

I'd put it another way. What hurt England badly is their obviously abysmally thin bowling stocks. A very unhealthy dependence on a 37 year old 'fast bowler' to carry their attack and not being able to cover for him in his absence. No bad luck there, simply a disaster waiting to happen.
Despite his age he was still the best chance England had of getting Smith out early, age is irrelevant anyway.
Without Smith, Australia's abysmally thin batting stocks would have been further exposed, I posted earlier that Steve Smith retained these Ashes.
Mark Wood would have been handy but the lack of a decent spinner hurt England even more, Leach & Ali are not good enough.

Despite his age he was still the best chance England had of getting Smith out early, age is irrelevant anyway.
Without Smith, Australia's abysmally thin batting stocks would have been further exposed, I posted earlier that Steve Smith retained these Ashes.
Mark Wood would have been handy but the lack of a decent spinner hurt England even more, Leach & Ali are not good enough.
I don’t think Anderson would’ve made a difference in getting Smith out. He however may have helped getting the hanger onner at the other end. In the end it’s your best 11 at the time and we lost the third test by a minuscule without Smith. As for your take on spinners I think Gary has bowled about the same standard as the Pommie spinners. He’s had a poor tour by his standards. Cheer up as the best team has got the job done in the end and you will need to wait awhile now to try and get it back. I wish you luck as Anderson will be pushing over 40 and Broad will be around 37 by the next English tour. Hopefully Australia will have Smith Labuschagne Pucovski and a few others to fight against these old stagers in England. I believe you’ll have little hope of beating us in Australia as Warner picks it up at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back